Ping Increase, explanation DICE?

13»

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    The ping number is back to the one before the previous patch, the netcode feels just as bad as before that patch ...

But it is patchday, so lets wait a day or 2 before final verdict ...

BTW, it is pretty clear why they delayed Alsoondan, the clipping issue is still there ... walls that show and disapear when you turn your head from side to side ...

Also very blurry view on the ground when flying, can't even see objective signs and letters ...
    Yeah I had clipping issues where walls would vanish on my map on FAR CRY 4. It usually happens making long hallways or some object in the map is using up most of the data memory within the mesh grid.  My fix for long hallways was to cut it short and have it connect to another hallway going left and right.  I miss making maps.  But UBISOFT dropped the ball for FAR CRY 5.  They only have it as 6vs6.  Also no respawning vehicles so large maps get boring.  Also the game modes are only death match and team death match.  My buddy just made Wake Island other day versus ai bots.  Looks decent.  I haven't tried it out yet.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess it depends on your playstyle but every 30 ping is 1kd ratio for me roughly, i sit at about 3-4 kd average and it goes up by 1 every 30 ping i lose, or down by 1 for every 30 i gain.
    So maybe it depends if your playing a high heat style like i do or a more laid back style like sniping.(Quote)
    Also don't bring stats into it, they are a joke and are pointless for anything apart from stroking a try hards ego, good players experiment, good players don't stress, you can't do either if your worried about dying.

Ok for one, score per minute doesnt equal kdr. The only one here bring up kdr is you. So if your stroking a high kdr it's only you trying to be a try hard.

I bring up over all stats... if you looked you can see I play all classes and have a even score per minute between them.

As far as high latency vs game style. Sniping is harder on a higher ping do to lag, warping and bullet delay. Run and gunning is easier when lagging. People don't use lag switches to snipe but they do for cqb run and gunning.

The issue I pointed out is you get game play anomalies when you get into the 180ms times, people ghosting into the air, shots not registering ect. There is a correlation between these abnormal ping times and anomalies.

Servers seem to be the worse when. You get out of region players and then high connection speed players in the same server.. some one running 300+ ping times and a person with a 20ms ping time in the same server and it's like the server has a stroke.

The smoothest I've seen bf servers run is when everyone is with in 50 or so ms of each other. This is a bf specific issue as the latency gap doesn't effect other games in the same way.

Never said score per minute = kdr, i said don't use stats for anything other than self ego. There's a thousand and one things people can focus on other than what will show in stats that will make them better players, every fail is a learning experience but the fact that lesson was learnt  doesn't show in stats, it only records the fails.
    I'm not looking at stats for that exact reason, i never accused you of anything class related. What i said was that depending on how you play the ping/lag will impact you in different ways, a sniper can still play with lag easily they just need to lead their shots more, still targets and targets moving towards/away from them still die the same however since snipers can be further back from where the fights really cracking on they have a higher chance of survival with that lag. 
    I however love to play where the bullets and explosions are going off, i need to dodge those bullets and prioritise targets based on who sees me or is going to see me 1st, i need to run towards fresh artillery explosions so that i don't get hit by the incoming ones. I however can't play like that with the higher pings, the reason why i mentioned kdr is because it's a basic number to understand how all those little moments of lag effect my style and how it changes as it goes up and down because a previous poster mentioned 30 ping or so shouldn't make a difference.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    754 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "All my stats suck yet I'm still a better player then others".

Sorry mate but the cope is real.
  • SixTouge
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    (Quote)
    With the release of this patch, please let us know if your experience has improved.

Played for a bit earlier and overall I'd say it's back to the normal feel pre-4.4, which is good. Ping displayed is where it was beforehand as well.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SixTouge said:
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    (Quote)
    With the release of this patch, please let us know if your experience has improved.

Played for a bit earlier and overall I'd say it's back to the normal feel pre-4.4, which is good. Ping displayed is where it was beforehand as well.
    Yeah the feel is back to pure trash for low ping (under 15ms) players on PS4 EU ...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Whoa worse than it's ever been, lag, one hit kills,  hit reg, lag comp being hit around corners. The MMG prone is nasty and even more unreliable. Oh well best go do something more enjoyable than play this rubbish. 

Well at least the pings look low, DICE must think we are stupid.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, some servers barely work, apart from that I didn´t feel that much of a difference from yesterday, maybe less ohk kills but that also feels server dependent.
  • BrownBreadz
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    "All my stats suck yet I'm still a better player then others".

Sorry mate but the cope is real.
    Apply the theory to yourself, who I am happy to assume plays with a full squad 24/7, in a game predominantly played solo by a majority of the player base. I'm pretty sure outside of commenting on my stats of a game released 16 years ago its irrelevant, I could most likely find some solo/squad play stat comparisons and work out some averages and apply it to my stats, really not worth the time though is it buddy?  My post was / is about latency increases, their impact on gameplay performance and the impact it's having on being able to enjoy playing the game - Camping breakthrough for 25 days trolol....clown.

Update - After not playing since the date of the thread I have returned to find the game does not even boot - despite bios update, all suggested fixes, repair, reinstall.

Hats off to you EA, the state of Battlefield has turned into and continues to be a disgrace. A suggestion to the Dev's who worked on the original / older games - leave, you are wasted there.

If anyone is playing BF4 still - add me!