Latency Lock & CUSTOM Servers

FishySplat
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2019
I own the [ACE] Oceanic Conquest Battlefield 1 server.
--
--
We kick over 500 high ping players PER DAY (150+ ping, many 250+, some 400+). It is a FULL TIME JOB during the afternoon.
I can't play, there's no time - I'm too busy kicking pings, hoping an oceanic player will take their spot before they rejoin.
We can't ban them because the lists are too small. We VERY OFTEN see the same high ping players return over and over immediately after we kick them.
--
--
Here are some very simple solutions requiring minimal change from DICE/EA.
  1. Change the DEFAULT option of "Latency Lock" from OFF to ON. Servers become region bound, UNLESS they choose to go custom.
  2. Make the "Latency Lock" setting NOT make a server custom. How is a server "Custom" from ping limits???
  3. Make custom servers actually SHOW UP in the custom browser, so people can actually PLAY custom servers. All these settings are useless. Nobody will find our server if we change one.
--
--
Seriously, server owners still can't customize anything on their servers. The functionality is wasted, purely because filters exclude custom servers.
Servers on custom settings are not found, therefore not played.

The inability to latency lock servers is a serious grievance. The easiest solution is to update the DEFAULT server browser filters to show custom servers, like this: https://imgur.com/a/GzPdV1s
It would probably take an hour maximum for someone to modify, submit, test and confirm the update to be working.....

Can we have a positive step towards the battlefield community? Or am I just another fading "BF Vet"?
Post edited by FishySplat on

Comments

• FishySplat
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    Latency Lock kicks at 100+ ping (so im told). It would be easy to provide options: 100, 150, 200.
    Just a modification of the variable number. 100 is low, 150 is reasonable and 200 is comfortable for ping spikes.
    Other options like tickets, respawn timers etc all have various options, likewise Latency Lock could have multiple options, and it would be a massive improvement.

While we're at it, changing the 'Always Fog' option to a 'Never Fog' option would be one of the games greatest updates all-time... Setting 'True' to 'False' shouldn't be too hard.
    Post edited by FishySplat on