Weekly Debrief

No hardcore mode. Help

morrison3000
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello. Bought the game online, live in Spain. For some reason I don't have hardcore mode, the option does not even come up. Played it once, came up as a new feature but never found it afterwards. In Spanish it would say "conquista pura". I tried to attach some pics, dunno if they are visible. Please if some one could help. Called e&a but they had no clue of why I don't have it. Thank you

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kC3oc2Ccpq4J6rbc8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/PsXA8NANtKmXUnzb7

Comments

• Trokey66
    8357 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is no Hard ire mode in BFV. although the game is pretty much hard-core lite.
  • morrison3000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had played it actually once last week. Came up as a new feature, once opening game. Researched since, got this guy playing it too

Is it a glitch?
  • SNUGGLY_DUCKL1NG
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For a short time BFV DID have a hardcore mode. Hopefully they will bring it back in future updates. So far they keep introducing new game modes each month and then strip them away, only to have the same game mode come back in a later update. 
  • ragnarok013
    3207 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    For a short time BFV DID have a hardcore mode. Hopefully they will bring it back in future updates. So far they keep introducing new game modes each month and then strip them away, only to have the same game mode come back in a later update. 
    SNUGGLY_DUCKL1NG negative BF5 never had a hardcore mode and it's been a consistent complaint from the hard core community since launch.
  • SNUGGLY_DUCKL1NG
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SNUGGLY_DUCKL1NG negative BF5 never had a hardcore mode and it's been a consistent complaint from the hard core community since launch.
    That's strange. I distinctly recall playing a "hardcore" type mode in BFV. I cannot for the life of me recall what the name of it was but I'm doing some digging and I'll report back once I find the name.
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    That's strange. I distinctly recall playing a "hardcore" type mode in BFV. I cannot for the life of me recall what the name of it was but I'm doing some digging and I'll report back once I find the name.

Are you perhaps thinking of the time they had servers offering different TTKs? This was back towards launch when they were first trying to sort out the instadeaths.

Other than that there has not been a hardcore mode in this title.
  • SNUGGLY_DUCKL1NG
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

Are you perhaps thinking of the time they had servers offering different TTKs? This was back towards launch when they were first trying to sort out the instadeaths.

Other than that there has not been a hardcore mode in this title.
    It's surely possible. From what I can remember however, it was one of those special game modes that they introduced and took away like Bombastic Fantastic. Definitely there has been no permanent or special game mode for hardcore, however I believe it may have been a specially modified game mode to be more hardcore. Sometime during Trial by Fire?
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's surely possible. From what I can remember however, it was one of those special game modes that they introduced and took away like Bombastic Fantastic. Definitely there has been no permanent or special game mode for hardcore, however I believe it may have been a specially modified game mode to be more hardcore. Sometime during Trial by Fire?

Yep that's the one I was thinking of. The playlist put you in matches with the regular TTK we have now whereas the other servers had a higher TTK for Conquest.
  • ragnarok013
    3207 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

Yep that's the one I was thinking of. The playlist put you in matches with the regular TTK we have now whereas the other servers had a higher TTK for Conquest.
    ElliotLH That was back in December.  DICE changed the TTK to be longer without notice (the theory was that it was to entire newer players with a kinder and gentler TTK during Christmas) and the player base revolted as a result so they implemented a "classic" TTK in select servers and compared it to the popularity of the new TTK and then reverted it back. It definitely wasn't hardcore as noted above but I can see how one might make that assumption if they aren't on the forums or social media on a regular basis.

• ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    ElliotLH That was back in December.  DICE changed the TTK to be longer without notice (the theory was that it was to entire newer players with a kinder and gentler TTK during Christmas) and the player base revolted as a result so they implemented a "classic" TTK in select servers and compared it to the popularity of the new TTK and then reverted it back. It definitely wasn't hardcore as noted above but I can see how one might make that assumption if they aren't on the forums or social media on a regular basis.

@ragnarok013 Think I just did a bad job of describing it there TBH. I remember the revolt well as I was on the longer TTK side of the debate at the time. If there'd been a bit more notice it probably wouldn't have caused such uproar.
  • ragnarok013
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)

@ragnarok013 Think I just did a bad job of describing it there TBH. I remember the revolt well as I was on the longer TTK side of the debate at the time. If there'd been a bit more notice it probably wouldn't have caused such uproar.
    ElliotLH I agree despite being a shorter TTK fan and think that they actually did it backwards. Instead of arbitrarily changing the entire game's TTK to a new one without notice and then bringing the old one back in limited servers and modes they should have made a separate experimental playlist similar to an in game CTE playlist for the new TTK (exactly like they did for bringing back the old TTK). If they did that in the beginning I think it would have been received a lot better and fostered discussion instead of outrage.

• IDazzlerazzle
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you wanna hardcore on top of what they have now anyway ? The time to death is so out of whack and the fact console servers are 30hz many times you die by weapons who can't kill you in one bullet but the server dumps all the damage on you in one update. 

Combined with the atrocious visibility you just just gonna end up with 64 players laying prone on one hit high damage weapons for whole rounds 
  • ragnarok013
    Why would you wanna hardcore on top of what they have now anyway ? The time to death is so out of whack and the fact console servers are 30hz many times you die by weapons who can't kill you in one bullet but the server dumps all the damage on you in one update. 

Combined with the atrocious visibility you just just gonna end up with 64 players laying prone on one hit high damage weapons for whole rounds 
    IDazzlerazzle as a former HC player I can say there is so much more to HC than what BF5 offers and that is why the requests for HC servers still happens. HC as a mode normally has zero spotting of any kind, friendly fire, full mag dumps, massively reduced HUD, no minimap, and 60% health off the top of my head.