Weekly BF

GUIDE - Find Custom Servers! Servers with better settings!

FishySplat
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 20
The default filter settings on BF1 ARE TERRIBLE. It's likely you're missing servers!!
Quick imgur guide showing ALL populated custom and normal servers at the same time: http://tinyurl.com/BF1Filter
--
Nobody finds custom servers in the default browser filter, so servers cant customize.
Example of server options: Map voting vs rotation, Fog, Respawn timer, Bullet damage, Ticket count, Auto-ping kick, Vehicle respawn times, Which vehicles / kits / weapons can or can't be used, etc.
--
I have posted a topic similar to this in the BF1 "Rental Server Program" forum, displeased that 'Latency Lock' makes a server custom... DICE/EA seriously need to fix the server browser.
--
Spread the word about CUSTOM filters!
Straw-poll for fav BF1 maps: https://tinyurl.com/bf1maps

Post edited by FishySplat on

Comments

• Wobfish420
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 20
    This - people dont understand how much they're missing out not playing on the 200% damage servers.
  • sarator99
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi
    I rented server for today.
    Join me.
    200% no explosives.

Server name hard
  • FishySplat
    I run my own server Sarator, interesting place to post it.
    We successfully did a few hours of 200% damage and some other custom settings the Sunday just passed.
    Slowly the population reduced, but it was a lot of fun. Need more people to update their settings so we can do it more often!
  • FishySplat
    edited September 30
    This Sunday just passed, our server ran for 9 hours and 15 mins on 200% damage and 50% respawn timer. (And longer on default settings before/after)
    We focused it on infantry maps, had an awesome 2000 ticket round of Forest, and had 500 ticket rounds for each: Pistols only, Medic only, Assault only, Sniper only, Support only.

The rest was simply no planes, 200% respawn timer for tanks, and infantry maps mixed with a little ballroom & monte without aircraft.
    It was a LOT of fun! The game really comes alive with 200% damage! We're in the Oceanic region, only able to get 3 servers full at peak time - but the server stayed full all day til early morning!
    I won't update this topic further, but by spreading awareness and informing people we've got custom settings working great. Others would benefit by using this filter to find custom servers for when one comes up!
    The best way to find the server remains through favorites - people adding your server to fav's can find it in their favs menu even when its custom, so just inform them to look there to find the custom server.
  • SIy_Badger
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    This - people dont understand how much they're missing out not playing on the 200% damage servers.
    Yeah, most interesting feature in 200 % dmg servers are teams infested with 80-90 % of ALL players as snipers. Truly passioante gamelay, especially open maps. Lots of fun <not!>
  • ronybaloney
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can't wrap my head around 200% damage. I mean, why on earth would anyone actually enjoy this??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just instant kill from being shot in the toenail?

Educate me. I'm assuming this is something that only the top .001% of super-skilled players would enjoy?
  • Titan_Awaken
    733 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wrap my head around 200% damage. I mean, why on earth would anyone actually enjoy this??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just instant kill from being shot in the toenail?

Educate me. I'm assuming this is something that only the top .001% of super-skilled players would enjoy?
    You don't really need to be exceptional or super skilled to enjoy 200%. It's mostly there to cater to the small (but not insignificant) niche of players who like hardcore modes (no HUD, friendly fire on, no third person vehicle cam and etc). 

Chances are if you like the game Insurgency, then 200% dmg mode will be right up your alley.
  • boutneus
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No 3rd person vehicle cam sounds more off a pain then skill requirement. You have any idea how many potholes, tiny rocks & treestumps can get you snagged or stuck in this game? Just makes for linear gameplay
  • TelsaAuburn
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    holy crap your first link fixed my issue with servers not showing up when i know they should.  it was a recent issue i didn't  have a problem before.  your solution of going into the server filter list and blanking out everything in classes/vehicles, weapons, advanced, rules, .. instead of it being on or off or having a percentage value. 
  • davey7304
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    FishySplat wrote: »
    We're in the Oceanic region

Oceania player here.

Those servers are only active on weekends ?

• FishySplat
    edited October 8
    I'd reply by quotes but then i'd be quoting seemingly everyone.
    Not true about the sniper population and being skillless - actually, I'd say it requires more skill.
    You need to be more aware of your flanks, of the timing to move, and make use of strategy much more percisely. The top players of default gameplay still come out equally or further on top of 200%.
    Now when i'm playing normal 100% damage, I find it so trivial to run into the line of fire or in sight, to get past a point - EG argonne fores B->C hill, or across the train tracks. Naturally, before I played 200% I "dared" those things without much thought anyway, since you only need to know how to zigzag. The point is, you can't do that on 200% without planning the right timing, which just makes 100% look like childs play after the experience.

--

The 200% damage is much more "adrenaline packed" but not chaos - I'd agree with the players who've said its "the real way to play bf1". Examples are: shotguns are easily beaten with regular guns and faster reactions, and bad smg08 players etc have no kill speed advantage so their cheese weapon comes to nothing. In short, you learn to react and aim a lot faster and more accurately in 200% if you're a decent player, which definitely makes you all-round a better player. Alternatively you're already bad at BF1 and become worse by spraying bullets hoping for the double damage hit; those players end up with big deaths.

--

People don't all go sniper, when you only need 2 bullets or sometimes 3 to kill a sniper, what's the point in relying on a clutch 1 hit weapon?
    Besides that point, on our server I disable the scout class as a whole from time to time in the 200% mode, so that people get up close and personal.
    Everyone thinks they know the best ultimate OP weapon for 200%, but I've found my favorite normal weapon (federov; medic) to easily beat all other cheese weapons simply because i'm most familiar with how to use it. It isn't a matter of imbalanced game mode, it's more "know your weapon, and you'll kill anyone". That's once again skill based and helps you improve more.

--

In general it's a lot more realism to the playstyles, and a lot of fun. We've enjoyed it 3 weekends straight now and plan to continue doing so.
    And yes davey, 200% is up on Sundays on the ACE servers; the ACE server is active every single day along with A1 however, just not on 200% for the rest :)
    Population wise, roughly 40% of the weekend oceanic population love and prefer 200% dmg to regular mode after experiencing it and returning for more. I'd say a majority of the rest can't even find our custom server.
    And we don't remove the 3rd person cam.. not related to 200% dmg :tongue:  We have had those other fun custom modes for a round as said earlier though!

• Ronin9572
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Are these for PC only? I've set everything to what you have in your 1st link. But can't find quick filter full filter setting on the 1st pic.
  • FishySplat
    Could be, We're a PC server after all :tongue:
  • Ronin9572
    914 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    FishySplat wrote: »
    Could be, We're a PC server after all :tongue:

Ok, thanks. I've tried everything I could and that stuff never came up. Even doing this with default settings the custom servers appear on PS4.
  • TelsaAuburn
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this should be a STICKY!!! SRSLY