Weekly BF

CoD Modern Warfare Beta compared to BF V

Comments

• trip1ex
    4912 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    The biggest difference: cod works (smooth)!

It feels so good my bullets register and I can see and hear enemies.

Also being quick matched with players with around the same ping is just perfect.

Most games are also very close because of skill based matchmaking and the teams have the same number of players when the game starts.

So it basically is a lot less frustrating.

There is your answer.

The reason:

Dice totally has the wrong priorities, all skilled devs left the company or are busy with a different game and EA/Dice put this game at lowest costs as possible after the horrible reveal trailer and poor sales.

This sounds promising.   
  • JamieCurnock
    617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    Played it for a few hours, wanted to love it but couldn't get into it. Ground war plays exactly like the other game modes which is a shame. It's all very polished and slick but it's still just to cod for me.

In the end it's the same old cod but on bigger maps.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find BFV boring and broken so I uninstalled. MW on the other hand is fun and worth trying. The gunplay is sooo satisfying. The maps while none stand out gameplay wise are sooo much better designed than BFV maps. BFV maps are open fields with geometry, that's all. COD maps are urban with alleyways, love that. Also, it's a beta and I haven't seen any bugs, go figure.

I have to be honest:

1) The netcode is not as good as BFV. Its ok but not as good. One thing that youll find less annoying is that there is no ttk/ttd desync. Killing and dying take the same time. Respawning is so fast that you never have to sit in the redeploy screen cursing the developers for their awful netcode, you're right back in the action. Its very fluid, love this part of the game. Also, it's a beta so netcode can still be optimized further.

2) The graphics are good. Not as good as BFV. But they don't have to be. Dice wants a game that is pretty to look at and looks good for trailers but is completely unplayable. Infinity Ward wants a game that is fluid and engaging.

Its worth playing. Especially if you think BFV is a piece of junk.

Agree 💯. BFV graphics are better.
  • Sharkbite9204
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MW runs very smoothly and the weapons have a lot of "bite" to them. Feels and sounds like you're shooting a real gun.

However, at the end of the day, it's still CoD. It looks like CoD and plays like CoD. If you've never been a fan of the franchise, then you probably won't like this one either.

I tried Ground War a few times since that was supposed to be the gamemode that appealed to the BF community. It's not bad. Certainly scratches the itch that BF3/BF4 left behind. But I won't say that it can replace Battlefield's style of gameplay as a whole. It's a decent substitute though.

My only gripe with it is that the match can become one-sided VERY quickly. If your team or the enemy team is pushed out of all the objectives and into their spawn, there is little to no chance of making a comeback. Players will camp the HQ spawn and ensure that nobody gets out. Combine that with the constant bombardment of killstreaks, and you're pretty much stuck at your home base with no way to retaliate.

They either need to disable killstreaks for the gamemode entirely or if a team controls all objectives then their killstreaks need to be disabled until they lose an objective.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21
    Better than the usual yearly COD offering but I would not get it just for this mode. The rest of it doesn’t interest me in the same way the BF small modes don’t interest me.

• Art3misJinx
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would also say, that COD WW2 presently, has many more players on that, than BFV at least on the xbox platform...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

So, MW is a hurricane forthcoming, and unless DICE does something very quickly in regards to it's awful gameplay, MW may end what's left of this game, Pacific or not.

That list is wrong though. There's no Borderlands 3 on it even though it has sold pretty well. Unless it's for some reason filed under Borderlands 2, but that's still seems too far down the list.
  • TFBisquit
    1723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The pace is certainly faster. Performance is fine, hitreg feels fine too. Playing the objective though, that's a bit harder with the current pace and map layout.
    I find it plays like tdm, for all modes. TTK is fast, but should be or else there is too much recoil from the weapons. Already I noticed adad players missing me while I forced myself to stand still and fire at them. This surprisingly works pretty good agains fast moving opponents.
    So for now I feel it's balanced pretty good, forcing you to take a slow approach if you don't want to miss your shots.
    For the rest it's a bit clunky where you have to watch out for sudden slide movements etc.
    It's a cod game alright on pc.
  • VincentNZ
    3249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would also say, that COD WW2 presently, has many more players on that, than BFV at least on the xbox platform...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

So, MW is a hurricane forthcoming, and unless DICE does something very quickly in regards to it's awful gameplay, MW may end what's left of this game, Pacific or not.

That list is wrong though. There's no Borderlands 3 on it even though it has sold pretty well. Unless it's for some reason filed under Borderlands 2, but that's still seems too far down the list.

Everybody plays beta though. There is no investment involved. Plus it is the bigger franchise. I say it is a completely different experience and the Beta is full of issues, what I will grant them though is that they know how to make a working in-game menu. The UI/UX of the main menu is excellent, every info is displayed and reachable with two clicks.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its CoD.  I was expecting something different but its CoD.  I feel dizzy after playing 30 minutes.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've been watching lots of vids on youtube recently and unfortunately it isn't a BF killer. Jack and Westie were pretty underwhelmed with the 32v32 mode.  Dice won't be threatened by COD, not one bit, and they won't up their game.
    Feelsbadman.
  • dayglowfroggy
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh well I think mw is a bit crap to be honest reminds me why I stopped playing cod.
    Movement seemed clunky to me
    famas was rubbish.
    pistols were good.
    Support weapon appears to need about 15 bullets to kill!
    Generally felt very clostrophobic and cramped into tiny areas were people could come from any direction.
    No way of getting away from missiles etc.
    All sorts of perks 😒
    Why give you any weapons that might be good at mid range or long range when it's all in your face I ended up using v the shotgun most my least used weapons in bf5 because at least they put people down.
    Very glad I didn't pre order or buy it.
    Whent back to bf5 and trying to mastet the new breda felt like an slipping on some old slippers.
    As I started my assault on b at Arras.
    I think there are allot of closet cod players on this forum who didn't know it.

• marcanthony421
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Footsteps are nonexistent, its all about holding angles, you die so fast even the best players cant react, aim assist on console is extremely strong and as someone who plays on console its annoying how snappy it is cuz i play without aim assist, ground war is just stupidly chaotic and the map has little to no flow, no fov slider on console and on and on. I was hoping this cod would be good but its just not. Aggressive play is not viable, i thought bf was bad with camping but mw is just holding angle all day long.
  • sabootheshaman
    1167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some people like COD, some people like BF. Some even like both.

Some people like coke, some people think class A’s are a no no.

Tevs’ really. Everyone’s different. They can both exist.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MW's cyber attack is a vast improvement over the S&D formula, it ahows that Infinity Ward really know their 6v6 formula.
    Ground War however is quite possibly the worst implemented game mode in COD's history. I have never seen developers put so much effort yet miss out on such glaring issues it's comical. From the terrible, OP and arcady vehicles, to the even poorer visibility than in BFV to the fact that there are killstreaks for every one of the 64 players make ground war a chaotic joke of a game mode.
    For it to be the premire, most hyped mode of Modern Warfare and end up such a poor thoughless imitation of conquest is an insult to both COD and Battlefield veterans. as it is now, it's a waste of resources.
  • krliathbirdeate
    293 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    Battle field great game Just ea
    Post edited by krliathbirdeate on
  • lionking7001
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    It seems me and like two-three other have got the bad copy of MW beta. The beta runs fine on Xbox as long as you just skip the 32v32 game mode. It's like most other COD the last years.

But 32v32 was horrible for me. The graphics went from good to bad, the frame rate droos was enormous, lag spikes all the time, shoot before rounding a corner and the mouse and keyboard players dominated totaly. I understand that PC-player enjoy the free kills on console players and had good graphics.

Then back to the smaler modes and it runs ok.
  • jroggs
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's bedlam. The interior lighting and audio cues are terrible. So many nameplates and blue markers are everywhere I'm constantly shooting teammates and holding fire on enemies. Snipers are everywhere. Flankers come from all directions unseen and unheard, and even if you do detect them it's nearly impossible to react in time. The objectives are tiny, open killing fields.

There are some legitimate fun aspects to Ground War, but it's hard to enjoy the mode because so many frustrating things are happening constantly.
  • doctorrocktor
    1825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it,its just cod as always yes its smooth,but the corner campers still exist.no destruction vehicles feel clunky.yes bf has alot of issues,but bf is bf and cod is well just cod.
  • Zviko0
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried it. Like others have said, it's COD. Nothing much to say. BFV indeed has nothing to worry about except for itself.