Weekly Debrief

CoD Modern Warfare Beta compared to BF V

Comments

• scienceteacher74
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ground war is bad. The equivalent would be every player in bf5 having a v1 or air strike every 30 seconds. Combined with a low ttk and bad spawns, one of the worst things I have played. I rage quit.
  • zenn_nme
    812 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most fun about it, seeing all those who've ditched BF and flocked to their new 'holygrail'... Now screaming bloody murder that it isn't BF.

What did they expect!? It's the fifa of fps; same ****, different year. Just wait till they covertly include mtx... :')

• illusionistGP
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    forget https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194210/bfv-compare-too-cod-mw#latest

want a simple answer, while playing CoD Beta is it better than BF V in current state?
    Failure again! Unsuccessful attempt to copy BF. BF invincible!

• dayglowfroggy
    525 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say the graphics were xbox 360 standard.
    one thing it did much better than bf was the audio options and the way it's implemented with the footsteps so you can pick the best for your headset.
    Wish bf5 had audio equelizer bars so you can set your own levels.
  • ackers75
    2452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like others have said here about the cod beta, it's still cod in the end. I mean, it wasn't the worst thing ever but it enough for me to buy it. I've read in this post how a few of you couldn't hear audio cues, or the visibility was bad in cod but I didn't feel that way at all, both of those aspects were spot on in my opinion .
    Battlefield has spoiled me when it comes to destruction too. As much as it's been toned down in bfv , its better than nothing.
    So Dice, if you're listening there are many of us still here and waiting patiently for things to turn around here. I quit playing after 40 hrs but I read news here pretty much every day hoping to hear something positive. So c'mon and get your crap together before you lose your fans for good.

Oh no that’s far too much common sense.
    How dare you.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    Like others have said here about the cod beta, it's still cod in the end. I mean, it wasn't the worst thing ever but it enough for me to buy it. I've read in this post how a few of you couldn't hear audio cues, or the visibility was bad in cod but I didn't feel that way at all, both of those aspects were spot on in my opinion .
    Battlefield has spoiled me when it comes to destruction too. As much as it's been toned down in bfv , its better than nothing.
    So Dice, if you're listening there are many of us still here and waiting patiently for things to turn around here. I quit playing after 40 hrs but I read news here pretty much every day hoping to hear something positive. So c'mon and get your crap together before you lose your fans for good.
    The thing is that some people expected MW to be the "better copy" of Battelefield. But inr eality it's just the same old CoD but with bigger gamemode which is also very CoDish and has nothign to do with BF no matter what some individuals will say.
    It's only up to Dice to turn things around.
  • illusionistGP
    Ground war is bad. The equivalent would be every player in bf5 having a v1 or air strike every 30 seconds. Combined with a low ttk and bad spawns, one of the worst things I have played. I rage quit.
    Battlefield invincible!
  • azelenkin0306
    563 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I’ve played some other beta. Is it good? Maybe, at least they’re close to BF3 level in terms of Combined Warfare.

Jesus, BFV is really that bad, so people see this crap as the alternative?
    azelenkin0306 I disagree, it's nowhere near BF3 in terms of anything but flags. In terms of combined arms warfare IMO even BF5 isn't near BF3 but I prefer BF5's fleshed out class system and deeper teamplay over what I see in MW's beta.

Maybe you're right. I haven't played BF3 a lot, since I don't like Modern Setting. My Battlefield journey started with BF1.

But it's really amazing how people who love Battlefield actually consider this game as the alternative. Even in the current state BFV is miles ahead in terms of Combined Arms warfare. Have you tried or seen vehicles in the new CoD? It's a joke :)

• Art3misJinx
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ said:
    I would also say, that COD WW2 presently, has many more players on that, than BFV at least on the xbox platform...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

So, MW is a hurricane forthcoming, and unless DICE does something very quickly in regards to it's awful gameplay, MW may end what's left of this game, Pacific or not.

That list is wrong though. There's no Borderlands 3 on it even though it has sold pretty well. Unless it's for some reason filed under Borderlands 2, but that's still seems too far down the list.

Everybody plays beta though. There is no investment involved. Plus it is the bigger franchise. I say it is a completely different experience and the Beta is full of issues, what I will grant them though is that they know how to make a working in-game menu. The UI/UX of the main menu is excellent, every info is displayed and reachable with two clicks.
    Did you quote the wrong post?
  • NLBartmaN
    3468 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried or seen vehicles in the new CoD? It's a joke :)

I tried them a couple of rounds, they are great!

You can actually PTFO with them and not every player is an Assault with OP weapons and with enough anti tank gear to solo a tank ...
  • illusionistGP
    NLBartmaN said:
    Failure again! Unsuccessful attempt to copy BF. BF invincible!
    Like BF V is a failure and unsuccessful attempt to copy CoD and Fortnite?

Maybe they both should stick to what they are good at ... ?
    No! COD copies BF and other games.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks guys, you’ve saved me $60. I was waiting to see how the larger game modes played out and it appears like it’s terrible. Honestly I didn’t expect much anyway.
  • NLBartmaN
    3468 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks guys, you’ve saved me $60. I was waiting to see how the larger game modes played out and it appears like it’s terrible. Honestly I didn’t expect much anyway.
    They play out great, having real fun in the Beta in Ground War and I have no doubt it will be even better in the final game, the devs are really communicating with the players and tweak everyting that is possible as fast as possible in this Beta.
  • jroggs
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, when can we have subterranean wallbanging like CoD MW? This is obviously the gameplay people want.

• Art3misJinx
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    They play out great, having real fun in the Beta in Ground War and I have no doubt it will be even better in the final game, the devs are really communicating with the players and tweak everyting that is possible as fast as possible in this Beta.
    I disagree. ground war is pretty much just camp in building simulator. Everyone is near the middle, you rarely meet people on the other flags.
    A lot of battlefield people were expecting it to play like conquest, which it absolutely doesn't.
  • Brayve_Sir_Robin
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can't even play it on PC as it freezes during the loading screen.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 22
    I've played it a fair bit. It's pretty fun in the smaller modes, but the TTK is a tad bit too quick for my tastes. Visibility is also poor, and it seems that FPS games in 2018-9 are facing this problem as a whole, partially due to their increased graphical fidelity, which has the downside of making soldiers 'blend in' more.

However, the Ground War mode is ... not too good. For a first attempt, it's alright, but this is not going to replace Battlefield's Conquest mode anytime soon.

I might end up buying this game, but I'll buy it because it looks like a fun CoD experience, not because it replaces Battlefield's combined arms warfare. This doesn't mean that BFV is magically a brilliant game after the MW beta, but it was strange to think that BFV actually had a better CQ experience than MW.

MW is a much more polished game, and it will definitely put a dent in BFV's playerbase, but the only thing that can really kill BFV is BFV itself.
  • TFBisquit
    1715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Groundwar isn't great for sure. It still needs optimization. My fps stayed reasonable, game is gpu bound though. I had better fps in 1440p compared to 1080p.
    8x8 is great though.
    It's still a beta, some graphic anomalies can be experienced, some options settings doesn't stick after quitting and later restarting the game etc etc.
    Ah, and high pingers cause severe lag. Some warp from corner to corner. 1hk deaths while the deathcam shows half a clip emptied into you. But with somewhat equal pings it's decent.
    It isn't battlefield and there is little incentive to protect a control point.