Weekly BF

CoD Modern Warfare Beta compared to BF V

1235»

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe they're on a newer engine for this game?
    On pc it's laggy and a bit clunky when moving around. I suppose the console part contributes to the movement system.
    As for the visibility, I was amazed in the 8x8 modes, saw everybody, didn't need to turn up the brightness/gamma.
    32x32 however made it more difficult and required some brighter setting also.
    So I wouldn't say visibility is that much better, when things are cluttered toghether, with so many players and all.
    I can imagine on larger maps you can have fun with this game. But the current setup is a cluster of people running in circles around eachother.
    It's not good imo.
    On pc ofcourse, could be xbox doesn't suffer from this, or may even benefit from the close quarters fights.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I spent alot of time on it and I was one of the ones thinking it had a chance to destroy Battlefield.

-Some of the maps are good, some are bad.
    -Small gamemodes are alot of fun.
    -War Mode is a major disappointment. I can't put my finger on it. Its a combination of the ttk, visibility, netcode and kill streaks. It CAN be better but it's NOT Battlefield. Not even BFV as much as I dislike BFV.
    -Graphics are not as good as Battlefield.

Its fun. Its very playable. But it's not Battlefield. Its a step up for COD that makes it worth purchasing in my opinion. Compliments BFV well, especially if you dislike BFV.

• WrexDotExe
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    COD:MW is definitely more fun that BFV, but when you add BF4 into the mixture, COD:MW becomes a complete joke. 
  • JediMastaWyn
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played the Beta, Played ground war. It's a poor conquest large IMO. not a patch on BF4. It gave me a Zavod 311 vibe. So I booted up BF4 and was instantly reminded what I liked about Battlefield. 

Everything felt nice., looked nice. The guns weighty and they sounded like guns loud, destruction, watching a building shake as the foundations crumbled and it collapsed compared to BFV's watered down destruction. No destruction in ground war felt prehistoric! BF4's 3D spotting is a bit too much but still didn't take away from the battlefield experience. So what I'm saying is CODs Ground war is ok. Is it better than BFV, yes! But it's still not better than Battlefield 4, a game from 2013. 

• JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was ground war bugged? I couldn't hear any footsteps, I don't think I heard any in the 3 hours I played it. It was infuriating.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was ground war bugged? I couldn't hear any footsteps, I don't think I heard any in the 3 hours I played it. It was infuriating.

Nah not for me on xbox, people were complaining about footsteps on Twitter though but I could hear them clear as day.

They did say they would sort it though so maybe it was bugged for some.

• JamieCurnock
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »

Nah not for me on xbox, people were complaining about footsteps on Twitter though but I could hear them clear as day.

They did say they would sort it though so maybe it was bugged for some.

Yeah I was on Xbox too. I tried all the different headphone settings but couldn't hear anything. Other sounds were fine tho. Prob bugged.
  • ackers75
    2438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No issue at all with foot steps with my tv or headphones