Weekly BF

Hackers/Cheaters on PC Platform (What's up?)

13»

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    If a few players report other player during one round, the game kicks him automatically. Try it. Most people prefer crying instead of doing something.
    Are you sure. I know players who have received 4-5 reports under an game without anything happening.
    He is not sure, because he is imagining things. BF1 still has the occasional chat message "FF kicked player <tag> from this server", and as far as I can remember, all ten or so instances I've encountered have been really early in the match. In reverse, there have been a lot of documented cases of rage cheaters going over 300-400 kills. You can bet they have been reported plenty of times in that match alone. Common sense should tell you that reports are totally disconnected from banning.
  • off3nc3
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People could start using a feature like vote/ban to troll and kick actually legit people out of the servers so it needs some serious thinking before implementing. I would prefer a juiced up FF at this point.
  • vipermonkey
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pl;aying in a server with a couple of well known dice players on devastion one was 81   7  now there not going to be cheating in there own game  but i bet you there was many people in that game who thought they were
  • Riflen
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toolguns said:
    The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game
    Boy do I have new for you.
    https://imgur.com/3GfdNMS
    Well? Were you cheating or no?
    Of course I were. Our community would never accuse a good player of cheating.....am I right?
    In BFV you have 26 - 27 % of Accuracy in any automatic rifle ... this is awesome , is not so easy to do with an high kpm and when hit are registered correctly.
    You are for sure a pro, why a cheater ?
    Nobody are thinking you 're cheating.
    Nobody except the dozens in his screenshot?
    If Private Servers free tier ships with kick features, it will do nothing but create safe spaces for bad players who think everyone with > 1.5 kpm is cheating. Hopefully kick features will be reserved for people who are willing to pay a small amount towards running an actual good server, which stands a chance of weeding out the badmins to some degree.
  • acessiggy
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Toolguns said:
    Can Dice come up with some sort of VoteKick and VoteBan mechanic to kick blatant cheaters (Live during gameplay).

The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game, I would imagine it SHOULDN'T be that hard to implement a votekick or voteban for 3 hours from a particular server?

It's hard enough to find a good populated server with low latency, but then when you do, it's ruined by a hacker... Everyone going off in the chat about it... Annoying as hell. 

I find it ridiculous that I have to revert to playing my favorite shooter on Console (PS4) to avoid hackers on the PC Platform...

So much for "PC Master Race"!   

EA is more worried about their quarterly statement. Devs are more worried about their next contract job. End result: buy call of duty's new game like me.

• CSO7777
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Riflen said:
    Toolguns said:
    The community is smart enough to know when we have a cheater in-game
    Boy do I have new for you.
    https://imgur.com/3GfdNMS
    Well? Were you cheating or no?
    Of course I were. Our community would never accuse a good player of cheating.....am I right?
    In BFV you have 26 - 27 % of Accuracy in any automatic rifle ... this is awesome , is not so easy to do with an high kpm and when hit are registered correctly.
    You are for sure a pro, why a cheater ?
    Nobody are thinking you 're cheating.
    Nobody except the dozens in his screenshot?
    If Private Servers free tier ships with kick features, it will do nothing but create safe spaces for bad players who think everyone with > 1.5 kpm is cheating. Hopefully kick features will be reserved for people who are willing to pay a small amount towards running an actual good server, which stands a chance of weeding out the badmins to some degree.
    That could easily be the problem with free servers, badmins. But in the end I think they will die pretty fast and hopefully we will pretty soon get some well-known RSP-servers, which will be run by groups of good admins. This could actually breathe some life into the game. Giving them kick features for free would probably be good in the end.

One problem could be people naming free RSPs to some well-known "brand" to get player for their servers, perhaps Dice can do something about that by allowing people to reserve names for servers, using platoon tags or something like that or not letting people use name for servers without paying.
This discussion has been closed.