This Week in Battlefield V

Modern Warfare is god awful, Battlefield franchise has nothing to worry about.

LEGATUS_SPQR
379 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited September 20
I've been playing Modern Warfare all evening and night long yesterday, and today too. That game is plain awful, let me tell you why.. 

1. The camping festival. 

First of all, Modern Warfare has a serious camping problem of this magnitude it never had before. Yes camping like Battlefield 5. But multiply the Battlefield 5 camping by 500 and here we go, Modern Warfare. Nobody gets objectives. You play domination the ugly russian map, nobody ever moves from his balcony, nobody ever moves from their corners. There are tons of people proning in dark spots you can barely see. 99% of your deaths are by campers.

------------------------------------------------------

2. Bad spawns and spawn camping.

Yes, spawns are super bad. First of all there are no dynamic spawns. You always respawn in the same spots and ppl already know where they are. I myself even tested the spawn camping at enemy home spawn, went 16-0 in matter of 2 minutes. And im not the best COD player ever known. Just stay there, camp behind a wall, wait people to respawn in the same exact spawn, place some claymores here and there, and here we go. A massacre.

----------------------------------------------------------

3. Weapons variety, most weapons are just underpowered, few others are decent.

Skadoodle yesterday shown how the MP5 is beyond broken and guess what? This afternoon all the players were using MP5 as primary. Sometimes you find a M4A1 here and there. Apart 3 or 4 decent guns, the others are not worth even using. Like the semi automatics or the self loadings. Super slow to shoot, super recoil after each bullets, time to kill super high. You have to consider all in this game use AR or fully automatic weapons, you get lasered in less than a millisecond even before shooting your first bullet. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. Weapons feels the same.

All ARs feel the same, all LMGs feel the same, all SMGs feel the same when you shoot them. Only thing may slightly differ is their number of slot for customization.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Netcode is garbage equally to BF5. Hit reg highly incostistent

IF you take a look at Reddit, you see a **** ton of ppl complaining about hit reg and showing their clips. And i agree. Me using an AR, i shoot a dude on his chest 10 m away from me, not even half of the hit registered, he shoots some millisec after me, instant death. 

Also, what you see in your perspective dont represent what u see in kill cam perspective. There must be desync also when you play. See problematic below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Servers are bad. As an european, you are forced to play against Americans, Canadians and Asians in the same server.

Yes u read it correctly. In my launcher i have EU servers only set, and yet, you get paired everytime to Americans and Mainland Chinese. You get killed, the banner of the killer shows an american flag, or a chinese flag, or a canadian flag or a japanese flag. At point point in chat i asked where those people where from, they replied as i suspected they were from the countries shown by their banners. You dont even know where the server u play is located. Ping numbers are nonsensical and bugged. I have 10 ping while im playing and i dont think COD has servers here in Italy. They never had them. Usually servers are in Germany, UK, Netherlands etc. Being forced to play against people of other continents, makes the netcode and hit registration even worse.

------------------------------------------------------------

7. No skill in this game. Your score is determined only by luck.

Yes weapons have recoil in this COD, but the recoil can be super easily controlled by moving down the mouse. Furthermore, customization allow to reduce even more the recoil of any guns. You play a game, you find people laser shooting you from across the map constantly with any weapons. Theres not even a spread of bullets or bullet drop. Bullets travelling for 1.4 kilometres in perfect straight line. Also another problem is the enormous quantity of campers in this game. Camping in buildings never moving, camping at enemy spawns. Easy kills. Also, netcode is so bad, whoever sees the enemy first wins the gunfight. Theres no way to avoid insta death. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Time to Kill super fast, much faster than the usual cod standards

COD WW2 or BO4 had a fast ttk, but not this fast. U die in less than a millisecond and most of the times you dont even know where you got shot from. It's beyond pathetic. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Positional audio is garbage and when it works, its super incosistent.

People running behind you and you dont hear them. People stabbing you in the back and you dont hear them. The biggest complains made by streamers and youtubers is true. Positional audio is super bad. Devs acknoledged this and promised to fix it before the release.

--------------------------------------------------------------

10. Kill streaks totally ruin the experience.

You die in a millisecond with this ttk, then you spawn back in,. and you insta die because an enemy is using the helicopter to mow down anyone coming out from the spawns. Because like i said earlier, spawns are also garbage and not dynamic. In my last game, i died 5 times by kill stream elicopters in less than 30 seconds and i couldnt even avoid this. Spawn die spawn die spawn die. My server was full of people rage quitting the game.

----------------------------------------------

11. Aim assist beyond powerful in controllers.

You play cross platform against xbox and ps4 players, you get instantly lasered by a controller user who has aim assist and insta locking on your body. Most pc players i know playing this game disabled cross platforming because it's plain stupid to play against a godly aim assist that makes the work for you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone other serious issues i didnt mention can be found on Reddit in posts like this one https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/d6u18u/im_sorry_but_this_game_needs_a_lot_of_work/

On Reddit, even Codders (Cod players) are complaining of this game. Saying it's bad and one of the worst of the franchise and they are worried for the launch. Personally i had hype for this game, but after playing it for 2 days i will not buy it. IT's trash. My hype completely disapperead.

Comments

• MogwaiWarrior
    721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the review. Until the bigger game modes are shown I'll pass on MW for now.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    Sorry for my english, im a self taught. 

Also, i forgot to mention that the maps in this beta are all completely bland and among the most boring ones i ever found in any shooters ever.  The russian map you find in domination is garbage to look and play. And it's the only one you are forced to play if you want to play 10vs10 domination, the larger mode present in this beta.

• NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Basically every point you mention is worse in BF V ...

Your "review" reads like a BF V review ...
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    Modern Warfare has some elements of both Rainbow Six Siege and Battlefield. It's like Activision is trying to do what EA DICE wanted to do with BF5. To attract audience from similar games into their own game. This CoD is like an hybrid. It will sell alot im sure because of the hype, because it has the Modern Warfare name in it, and because of ppl disappointed by BF5, but at the same time im sure the population will decline as fast as people buy this game. Like i already said im not a CoD player who buys the franchise every year, last one was years ago. But reading serial cod players around hugely disappointed by what they're playing, im sure this game will be a mixed bag in the end. 

Another CRINGEY thing i forgot to mention, because there are too many to list. The 3 seconds death metal music tone playing when you level up or kill somebody. Too loud, too noisy, when it is playing you cannot hear whats happening around you. Im still trying to find a way to disable it in the options. Got killed numerous times when this tone was playing cuz i couldnt hear an enemy nearby.

Im sure more i play, more other issues will come to my mind. 

Few mins ago they updated the beta with the night vision mode. Going to play it now.

• BrianLocal1
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm worried about that fast TTK, sounds pretty lame.  I don't think I'll be getting it unless they change it and it goes on sale.
  • Sjangsung
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You forget its a Beta.....just saying
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I kinda wish they'd increase the bullet to kill by one on most guns. The TTK as it is now mixed with the cramped maps and the large number of good camping spots (windows, headglitches, etc) makes it tricky moving around the map. It's still fun but it's a really difficult game. Far less casual than I was expecting and super sweaty. The weird part is matches vs PC players as a console player are often easier than lobbies with nothing but controller users. Must be some strong auto aim or something.
    But yeah. This game is not for the faint of heart. Gotta try 3x more than I ever do in Battlefield only to have 3x worse results.
  • LEGATUS_SPQR
    edited September 20
    IBrianLocal1 said:
    I'm worried about that fast TTK, sounds pretty lame.  I don't think I'll be getting it unless they change it and it goes on sale.
    It's much faster than the bugged one we have in BF5. In Modern Warfare i cannot even see the bullets coming if not when im already dead. You die literally in a millisecond. It's pretty **** yes. I dont see skills in lightspeed fast time to kills, when u just press trigger with no recoil weapons and laser anyone passing by. 

Night vision mode, team death match 5vs5. The ADS aiming is just completely OFF for me. Im not expert of modern military and i cannot state if this is right or wrong. Anyway, with the visor down you cannot ADS aim through your weapon sight. You can only aim by checking where your laser pointer is pointing. With the gun diagonally leaning to the left. Always. This is the ADS aiming, how it looks like. Pretty difficult to aim on a target like this. At least for me. Im hating this.

• dbasshooker
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t think MW is awful at all and I think it’s got a lot of things right and they are on their way to giving a modern combat game that I’ve been waiting for and so many others. Get rid of this old war stuff and bring back modern combat and I will be excited to play BF again.
  • Titan_Awaken
    727 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sjangsung said:
    You forget its a Beta.....just saying
    That used to be true.

Nowadays, betas are more or less indicative of the final product. Chances are if you don't like the beta, you won't like the retail version when it comes out.
  • elliott316
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the crap that is BFV but seriously Modern Warfare is a step down from it especially ground war.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes MW Sucks and is over hyped because it's Modern.

And Sprint is a disaster on Consoles. I couldn't get it to Activate most of the time so I never sprinted. Then the Super Sprint is 2 clicks with Joystick and that caused another issue entirely.

It was Awful. Bring on Metro and Pacific.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, unfortunately MW is bad. At least in current state. And here is why:

- you think BFV is a campfest? MW is even bigger camping ground. Many players just sit behind corners or snipe from far away.
    - spawns are absolutely abysmal. Can't even tell how many spawn kills I got and how many times I've been killed as soon as I spawned. And spawns on flags/squadmates in Ground War is also bad and unreliable.
    - no matter what developers said about weapons and how realistic those supposed to be in MW, all of them practically have almost no recoil and almost lazer accurate.
    - if you expect Ground War to be fun, don't. While map is bigger compared to your regular cod experience, it's still feels too small for 64 players. Vehicles are bad, powerful but bad. Controls suck, visibility while in vehicle suck and you get destroyed in 3 hits whith no ability to repair yourself.
    - graphics is bad. Seriously, this game doesn't look like 2019 game at all. Soldier visibility is alright, I give MW that. But everything else is blurry and has lots of fliters applied to it in order to hide how ancient the engine is.

Before open beta started I wasn't sure if I should purchase MW but now I can tell I won't. 
  • Broliszibaila
    289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still, that doesnt change the fact that BF5 sucks really hard.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll I echo almost all of that. I'll add that while visibility is good it's a bit of a double edged sword as you are easily seen by people camping. The raised walkways and warehouse roofs are great for it and if you are on the receiving end you are dead very quickly.
  • NLBartmaN
    3303 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

- you think BFV is a campfest? MW is even bigger camping ground. Many players just sit behind corners or snipe from far away.
    - spawns are absolutely abysmal. Can't even tell how many spawn kills I got and how many times I've been killed as soon as I spawned. And spawns on flags/squadmates in Ground War is also bad and unreliable.
    - no matter what developers said about weapons and how realistic those supposed to be in MW, all of them practically have almost no recoil and almost lazer accurate.
    - if you expect Ground War to be fun, don't. While map is bigger compared to your regular cod experience, it's still feels too small for 64 players. Vehicles are bad, powerful but bad. Controls suck, visibility while in vehicle suck and you get destroyed in 3 hits whith no ability to repair yourself.
    - graphics is bad. Seriously, this game doesn't look like 2019 game at all. Soldier visibility is alright, I give MW that. But everything else is blurry and has lots of fliters applied to it in order to hide how ancient the engine is.

Before open beta started I wasn't sure if I should purchase MW but now I can tell I won't. 
    So back to BF1 or 4?

Basically everything you mention is just as bad or worse in BF V ... with added bugs and very poor netcode/servers ...
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @llPhantom_Limbll I echo almost all of that. I'll add that while visibility is good it's a bit of a double edged sword as you are easily seen by people camping. The raised walkways and warehouse roofs are great for it and if you are on the receiving end you are dead very quickly.
    Forgot to mention, prone kids with lmgs are also in the game. C flag is basically prone heaven and those players can easily mow down anyone trying to cross the bridge.
    Not sure if such players came from BFV or it's just natural...
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 21
    As for the headline

“Modern warfare is god awful...” - perhaps. Haven’t had time to try the beta. Shame if it sucks though.

”Battlefield franchise has nothing to worry about” - hmm. Nothing? Really? 

I’ve jumped ship. I’m not going to torture myself with BFV. Whether the alternatives are any good will not change that. 

I must admit I had high hopes for MW, and it is disquieting that Battlefielders don’t like it. Don’t mind fast ttk though. I pretty much only played HC in my old COD days. I think I’ll give it a go despite the negative beta reviews, but I appreciate people coming on a BF forum and give their opinion about an upcoming COD game. 

• llPhantom_Limbll
    edited September 21
    NLBartmaN said:

So back to BF1 or 4?

Basically everything you mention is just as bad or worse in BF V ... with added bugs and very poor netcode/servers ...
    Play any BF game you enjoy. That's pretty much it. 
    Also, I experienced 4 server chashes during 3 hours of beta. Not sure if it's going to be fixed on release or not.
  • CaptHotah
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried the beta for a couple of hours. Battlefield has nothing to worry about.