Weekly Debrief

The new COD and the truth about Medal of Honor

Nic727_1
66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 22
Hi,

Played the beta for an hour. It remind me of MOH Warfighter, but less tactical.

Funny (or not) to see EA creating two great Medal of Honor but with cancelled support for no reason at launch. Now COD is copying lot of stuffs from those game and everyone happy about it. Also EA failed BF5 but continue support...

I wonder if EA just killed Medal of Honor by purpose. At this point, nothing is surprising me.

I think EA use Medal of Honor series as features testing. What I mean is just look at this : Airborne had peak and lean features. You was able to kick enemy grenades and there was a zoom-in/out feature on the sniper scope. MOH 2010 and Warfighter were great continuation with cool modes like Combat Mission and the radio chatters. Warfighter bring animations to plant/defuse bombs.

Battlefield just copied it, but worst, because BF is not MOH!

Now COD is here with new stuffs and it feels like MOH in a more fast combat style. Warfighter was more tactical with the buddy system.

Post edited by Nic727_1 on

Comments

• HawkeyeAM47
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I completely agree the game plays so similar to Medal of honor but way bigger maps.
    This game for COD has really surprised me, and I'm all in with this game the only thing is microtransactions
  • Nic727_1
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I completely agree the game plays so similar to Medal of honor but way bigger maps.
    This game for COD has really surprised me, and I'm all in with this game the only thing is microtransactions

For me MW could be good, but it’s chaos everywhere with uav and missile spamming. Whatever, YouTubers are funny because they are disappointed it’s not a fun alternative to BF5... But Warfighter was the best of both games. Small infantry tactical gameplay and an awesome buddy system.
    I wish they will remaster 2010 and Warfighter for the 20th anniversary next month.