Weekly BF

Tank customisation- How long is too long for COMING SOON

birdnator
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
In recent communications is there any mention of the tank customisations coming? Almost at the year since release and I’m not sure COMING SOON still counts ? Tar x

Comments

• CT1924
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, no one told you? It's probably not coming at this point.
  • ChickenTheTank
    455 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    birdnator wrote: »
    In recent communications is there any mention of the tank customisations coming? Almost at the year since release and I’m not sure COMING SOON still counts ? Tar x

I'm not sure what we would even customize to be honest...
  • zterrans
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'll come after soldier dragging and Al Sundan Conquest.
  • fragnstein
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 21

I always thought like extra camouflage like netting or tree limbs or something that drapes over the tank, maybe customize the tank number too. I dunno they must of had a plan as to why it's there and has yet to be removed
  • ChickenTheTank
    455 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »

I always thought like extra camouflage like netting or tree limbs or something that drapes over the tank, maybe customize the tank number too. I dunno they must of had a plan as to why it's there and has yet to be removed

Ya I thought that too. But some of that stuff gets added on through the camo you pick, so I don't understand what their intent with it is.

Number abs emblems sounds like they'd make sense. Maybe even customizing your tank soldier. Though that's less necessary after they've addressed it partially.
  • Vespervin
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's like because players complained about the historically inaccurate customisation options, EA DICE said F it and removed pretty much all customisation (except for the boring outfits we got for our soldiers). At this point I don't expect we'll ever get the armour customisation.
  • Noodlesocks
    3069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Yeah, no one told you? It's probably not coming at this point.
    It probably will eventually. So far Dice Sweden only removes things that were already available at launch.
  • fragnstein
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »

Ya I thought that too. But some of that stuff gets added on through the camo you pick, so I don't understand what their intent with it is.

Number abs emblems sounds like they'd make sense. Maybe even customizing your tank soldier. Though that's less necessary after they've addressed it partially.

The last tiger skin is the only really unique one that has some extra netting, couple shovels and logs. All the other skins are paint jobs
  • Matty101yttam
    1059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin said:
    It's like because players complained about the historically inaccurate customisation options, EA DICE said F it and removed pretty much all customisation (except for the boring outfits we got for our soldiers). At this point I don't expect we'll ever get the armour customisation.
    no...it wasn't at all, tank customisation is the one thing that would be historically accurate because during this time period weapon technology was accelerating faster than armour technology and tank crews were adding whatever they could find to their tanks to increase it's chance of survival.
    The lack of vehicle skins would come purely down to most bang for the buck, and they get the most coverage on infantry and weapon skins not tank skins.
  • jroggs
    590 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt tank body customization is coming, because it's already kinda been here the entire time in tank specializations. Many of these drastically change the visual aspect of the tank, from track skirts to cannons to mine-clearing rocket tubes and so on. If you add further big cosmetic changes to these, every single specialization combination has to account for them, which could be inconsequential for some of them but a big issue for others. I'm not an expert, but to me that sounds like a design nightmare, and it's all for a feature that doesn't affect gameplay and few people would actually care about.

If BFV was in a better state, I'd say sure, go for it. But it's still a mess, and tank body customization is so far down the list of importance that I don't think it will ever get its turn before DICE burns this game down for the insurance money.
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Probably about the same time other features that sold the game like dragging downed team mates does