DICE - the luckiest FPS developer ever

MAJWolfcookies
582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Count your blessings that the competition sucks rn. You are so lucky that Activision and Infinity Ward suck this bad. Wow did they ever miss an opportunity to double tap BF franchise.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's also allowed them to be complacent with no competition to push them to do better.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure quite a lot people will switch sides over to cod.
    It's a new game and not much has been going on in bfv lately.
    Hell we are still waiting for proper bug fixes.

Whenever I get fed up with BF V I just play something completely else.

Sometime so I just want to relax and play a sp game.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I see what your getting at, but games are a form of art, and art is improved by having a clear vision and pursuing that vision, what other people do should not come into it.
    Sure wanting to do better than others is great but it shouldn't be the focus, it detracts from creative thought, plagiarism is after all the inevitable outcome of unbridled competition.
    There has never been a competition ever where 1 person finding something that positively effects their performance hasn't been copied by their competitors.
  • Woodlbrad
    715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Competition doesn’t suck cod will out sell this flop ez wouldn’t surprise me if the new cod breaks records cod always out sells battlefield.
  • MrCamp121
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2019
    The lack of competition is the only reason i still log in and give this game playtime anymore. Never been a CoD fan, not my kind of game. Had hoped WW3 would do well but that flopped so..bfv it is unfortunately. I really wish i could enjoy this game but sadly..
  • M_Rat13
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    COD hit it out of the park this year. Maybe it isn't for you, but as someone who's played both franchises since pretty much the beginning, the new MW has taken COD back to it's routes, and it's way better than it has been, and reminds me of those original, old CODs I loved. BFV by comparison is so weak, and I wish BFV could be to Battlefield what the new MW is the COD, reminding us what made the original games so great.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Count your blessings that the competition sucks rn. You are so lucky that Activision and Infinity Ward suck this bad. Wow did they ever miss an opportunity to double tap BF franchise.

I am going to be optimistic and say they can turn this ship around. They have did it before. And I think BFV will be only Battlefield till late 2020 or perhaps 2021 so they have time.

Honestly the ping issue is my only major complaint right now. After playing COD MW all weekend I played BFV last night and I couldn't believe how much better Battlefield is at everything.

I think I needed to play a true ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ before I could appreciate Battlefield. I can say I'm going to be more positive after experiencing MW. Lol
  • Titan_Awaken
    832 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That is an objectively false statement. The competition does not "suck". 

If you look at the raw numbers, CoD has always outsold Battlefield with almost no exception. BF1 came very, very close in 2016 but unfortunately did not cut it. In terms of total sales across the franchise, BF doesn't even come close to CoD.

Whether you love or hate CoD, it's obviously doing something right to average tens of millions of copies per entry annually. Meanwhile EA CEO Andrew Wilson himself exclaimed that BFV "did not meet sales expectations". 

Keeping this in mind, do you still think the competition "suck(s)"?
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If you look at the raw numbers, CoD has always outsold Battlefield with almost no exception. BF1 came very, very close in 2016 but unfortunately did not cut it. In terms of total sales across the franchise, BF doesn't even come close to CoD.

Whether you love or hate CoD, it's obviously doing something right to average tens of millions of copies per entry annually. Meanwhile EA CEO Andrew Wilson himself exclaimed that BFV "did not meet sales expectations". 

BF and CoD are aimed at a completely different player demographics. CoD is much easier compared to BF. You completely turn off your brain while playing CoD. Sure you can do that in BF too, but people who are on the hunt with their "Spidey" senses cranked up will completely demolish you.
  • Hawxxeye
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I saw some footage. i liked that one can actually see through those sights clearly in that mw2019. Some homework for dice
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I saw some footage. i liked that one can actually see through those sights clearly in that mw2019. Some homework for dice
    I think their intentioned behind tinted nydar sights was to "Give players a reason to use iron sights".  But as with many ideas in BF5, it failed. 
  • Wikstone
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2019
    I met a buddy lately, the only one besides me who still plays battlefield in our friendlist and asked him why he still plays.

The answer is simple "there is nothing else like it".

That's pretty much how I see it too.
    Even with all the shortcomings and bugs there's still no other game that comes close to the BF experience.

Cant wait Farm51 gets WW3 ready.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The success of COD proves that the dumb people in this world greatly outnumber us intelligent people. The movie "Idiocracy" is indeed more of a prophecy than a classic movie.

That being said, as I said previously, Activision and Infinity Ward really missed an opportunity to stomp on DICEs throat. MW plays like it was produced by a bunch of summer interns. It's just like all of the other CODs but with more morons on your team.
  • bunningsSnagz
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well all i have to say is don't formulate a rock solid opinion on a Beta. there's still a while for Activision to make a lot of changes, especially to ground war. 
  • CaptHotah
    1126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CoD MW2019 is a solid game. Its a typical CoD game that had been upgraded with much needed graphics, sound and animations. It completely craps on BF5's weapon customizations.

Gunplay feels solid, even though its instantly fells as CoD gunplay. Guns feel nice, animations look solid.

My friends who quit BF5 are really enjoying MW2019. So am I. We will probably move to that until Bad Company 3 comes out next year.

And thats pretty much where the craping stops.