[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

EA_Tom
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited September 26
Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
  • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
  • Don't name & shame other players
  • Be constructive
Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Comments

• viper63x
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 26
    @EA_Tom  maybe you could learn something from runescapes anti bot program.

it uses a thing called bot watch, and it is  a large collection of data of how normal player would play.

this is based on Artificial intelligence instead of looking entirely on client modification, you need to  look deep into how player is playing.

looking for client modification is good, but these things can easily be patched by the cheating companys, rather quickly.

you should  consider hiring "James Thompson" as he is the creator of bot watch.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • SirBobdk
    4202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for this thread. It is appreciated.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 26
    [off topic]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DigitalHype
    Keep it on topic please.
  • Sk1lld
    560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know how much it would cost but, adding something like Battleeye or easy anticheats even if only catchers a few would restore my faith in this series.
    Thank you for the thread, it was kind of you.
  • SirBobdk
    4202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 26
    Replace current AC and make the report system and player achievement transparent
    • You should be able to see who's reported and status (pending, banned, innocent), Somethink like BF4DB
    •  Stats showing likelihood of achievement (red, yellow, green). Ingame link to player profile.
    • Automatic kick from a server if impossible states occur in a game. Not a ban but remove obvious dodgy players. (better safe than sorry). It can't be difficult to kick the obvious aimbots instantly.
    • Ingame report system. Not through origin.
    • Rental servers with full admin control.

• QU4NT0R
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry for Off-Topic: Is this thread moderated ? I've sended a longer post and it wasn't registered... 
  • JerkFrags
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    QU4NT0R said:
    Sorry for Off-Topic: Is this thread moderated ? I've sended a longer post and it wasn't registered... 
    It must be, I had the same thing happen to my post.

Imagine that, censoring negative feedback about the lack of anti-cheat. This is seriously one of the saddest things I have seen a company do.
  • SirSpectacle
    810 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fresh accounts should be treated with more suspicion than accounts with a lot of playtime. If a brand new player with only an Origin Access subscription goes on improbable kill streaks with lots of headshots, he should be kicked from the server immediately and suspended from multiplayer until he has been investigated.

An established player should get the benefit of doubt, he would still be flagged for investigation but would be allowed to keep playing until the investigation is completed.

This would mean cheaters would be dealt with faster while still not punishing players who are legitimately crazy good too much.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @QU4NT0R & @JerkFrags
    If your post has been sent for review,  It is just the anti-spam filter.

Rather than assume that you're being censored ( hint : you aren't ) it's better to ask a mod in PM to release your post from the spam queue.
  • CSO7777
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It really seems like Dice's policy of not saying anything about how their AC works is a big part of the problem.

I know they say that its to prevent the cheat-makers of getting any useful information, but it also lets the community think that nothing is being done (or it's not working).

Personally I haven't seen many cheaters in BFV and it's nothing compared to F2P game like Apex Legends, but we all experience them from time to time.

They could at least tell us how many cheaters are banned (daily, weekly whatever), then we at least know that something is being done and that the AC is working (at least somewhat).
  • VOLBANKER
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 27
    First of all: Thank you EA for making this thread. In the last couple of monthly surveys I personally have requested the ability to discuss cheating on these forums, and I suppose others have too. It’s great to see you guys act on the feedback. Thanks!

As for cheating, I think the size of the problem is being vastly overestimated by a lot of players.
    I squad with a guy who is a former FPS pro gamer, and in almost every single round he is accused of cheating.
    Lots of “average Joe” players I think are not aware how absolutely crazy good some people are at the game.
    I do not mean this in an arrogant way; I am an average Joe player myself.

Suggestion:

It would be helpful I think if EA/DICE could facilitate some kind of master class to educate people on how good some people just are.

Example: Place video cameras in the same room as a super skilled player and then record while that player plays a full round of Conquest or whatever. Then make a Youtube video with the full recording. 
    EDIT: Cameras are to show 100% proof that the player is not using cheats.

The goal would be to educate us players of how insanely fast the best players can react + how they know exactly where to look for enemies, how they are aware of spawn points of the map etc.

Hopefully a project like that would mean people in-game would be more inclined to accept they simply died to a better player instead of almost automatically yelling cheater on chat.

PS. This is not meant to say there are no cheaters in BFV. Obviously there is. But just as it is a problem when someone is cheating, it is also a problem when an honest player gets wrongly accused of cheating. For the very good players this happens almost every round. Imagine if it was you that was wrongly accused almost every round. Can you see how annoying and unfair that must feel like?