Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13305 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yup ^^

What I do first is press escape,  click "view server info" and make a note of the server number,  e.g 24689,   I then exit the server and go to my server filter and then in the search box I type in the server number.

Then I hit the "..." to open the additional options and click on spectate.

Once in the server,  hold tab then click on the player you believe is cheating to get a first person view of that player.

You'll be able to see the obvious signs of cheating,  e.g snapping and aiming at players through solid objects
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldnt even bother recording it, waste of time, I just leave the server and find another one. Of course the way it works right now you probably have to switch server two times a night, well, for the obvious ones. It is up from usually one a month to like two a day.....thanks EA.
  • MrSparky
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've played every BF game since BF 1942. They all had cheating issues but BF 5 is TERRIBLE. On previous versions at least you could find private servers with good admins that would ban cheaters. EA does not seem to care. I stopped all my EA subscriptions and I am done buying these games until they fix the cheating problem. These games are NO FUN at all when cheating is rampant.  
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrSparky said:
    I've played every BF game since BF 1942. They all had cheating issues but BF 5 is TERRIBLE. On previous versions at least you could find private servers with good admins that would ban cheaters. EA does not seem to care. I stopped all my EA subscriptions and I am done buying these games until they fix the cheating problem. These games are NO FUN at all when cheating is rampant.  
    It wasnt terrible, on european servers until recently, now it is fubar.
  • STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

aiming at players through solid objects
    This is what I see the most of now. It is really frequent nowadays. There used to be some speculation if someone was cheating or not, as there are always going to be closet cheaters that do fairly well hiding it. However, as of the last couple of months, there has been a large increase in blatant cheaters. They don't seem to care if they risk being banned, probably because they know they most likely will not be.
  • TheRealFoe
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put a better reporting system in game  on the scoreboard , kill cam might be a good edition, auto record players  or clans with ridiculous high scores . hardware ban players that cheat no forgiveness  as if they were stealing credit card info or hacking into origin for skins.
  • TheRealFoe
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7
    Some of the clans have killed all players on firestorm chased me all over the map even when i have doubled back ran through hoops bypassed check points done all kinds of  stunts tricks, ,double hides ,double dutch, Jason Bourne couldnt have done a better heal and run but still they find me.  the people who sell the cheats to tell people that cheats are fake news and there are no cheaters just like in politics.

I tell you what ,after the update i notice lots of clans that joined firestorm changed their names  ,some were playing with more randoms and to be honest they weren't that good.

i spectated a guy the the other day on the underground map , just because he had a high score .He was shooting straight into smoke not spraying and praying ,shooting random plants shooting at a wall he was standing next to    (didn't get a kill off that wall shoot though) not a flare in sight but he was getting them kills finding players just turning random directions and blam.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7

i spectated a guy the the other day on the underground map , just because he had a high score .He was shooting straight into smoke not spraying and praying ,shooting random plants shooting at a wall he was standing next to    (didn't get a kill off that wall shoot though) not a flare in sight but he was getting them kills finding players just turning random directions and blam.
    Hitmarkers are visible through smoke so when you see them , there is the enemy just there so you know to keep firing there. 
  • TheRealFoe
    i think you would have had to have been there but i will watch the recording again to see if the guy could have been hit prior by another player,

• Wessmyre
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've removed several comments due to naming and shaming that is not allowed on the forums.
    Spent 15 minutes combing and editing my video to remove any mention of the hacker's name and my post still got removed.

I wish the in-game team was as good at punishing hackers as you forum moderators are at protecting them.
    As mentioned in the OP.

This is not the place for video content featuring cheaters,  regardless of the fact that you have hidden the names.

The only place your cheat videos should be sent to,  Is the box you fill out when you are in process of reporting them.

Our duty is to enforce the rules and also to assist with issues such as game crashes and the likes.

" Is the box you fill out when you are in process of reporting them."  We did, they are still playing... what other options do you suggest? I assume "Just a hunch" the lack of anything being done is why this second arbitrary thread is up....amirite?

• LOLGotYerTags
    13305 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    i think you would have had to have been there but i will watch the recording again to see if the guy could have been hit prior by another player,

Without seeing it from both the players perspective AND the player's perspective that died,  It's going to be extremely hard to make an educated guess to be fair.

Also don't forget that spectator mode has a delay ( to prevent ghosting ) and not everything you see in spectator mode represents what a player sees on his/her screen.

Plus all other kinds of funky things could be going on too such as :

Network connection variables between all of the players,   Some having a higher ping than others,  Some having packet loss,  Some having stutters,  Some running on higher settings vs others running on all low settings which helps reduce visual clutter

Some having a higher refresh rate on their screens than others,  A player running a 60Hz monitor won't be able to react as quickly as players who run a 144Hz monitor as the frames delivered via the GPU to the monitor will be held back in the frame buffer until the 60hz monitor is ready to display them whereas the 144Hz monitor would have delivered frames ahead of the 60Hz monitor user  ( I know it sounds unlikely and there will be users here who will argue against this ) 

Not that I'm making excuses but a lot of the time in my own personal experience there are perfectly legitimate reasons why a death may look quite shady and you have to dig a little deeper into individual circumstances before jumping to the "he's cheating" conclusion.
  • TheRealFoe
    yeah i know that
  • nerugui20
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The current cheating situation in the game is "OFF THE CHARTS".  Hacking has been a thing in this game since Day #1, but ever since the last patch, and Underground was released, there has been 1-2 hackers in EVERY SINGLE GAME, EVERY SINGLE SERVER, ... this is unbearable... might have to take a break from playing this game until i hear they do something or whatever hack or hype dies down .. its unbearable guys... brutal cheaters everywhere right now... (and i play daily BF for years now right .. unbelievable this)
  • nerugui20
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    174-22 type hackers i mean
  • Blackie03
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The simple solution is to give us our own servers that we can Admin so we don't have to play on the crappy cheating Dice servers.

• STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ****03 said:
    The simple solution is to give us our own servers that we can Admin so we don't have to play on the crappy cheating Dice servers.

This ship has long sailed. They were never going to/are never going to give us ANY servers other than the junk that we already see. Take a look at the old Call of Duty games, you can STILL find active servers today to play those games. Why? Because anyone can create a server for those games. Do you think EA wants people to be playing old BF games for years to come? No, they want you to be playing this years iteration for exactly ONE year when the next round comes out.
  • Nutcrusherr
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    (Quote)
    This ship has long sailed. They were never going to/are never going to give us ANY servers other than the junk that we already see. Take a look at the old Call of Duty games, you can STILL find active servers today to play those games. Why? Because anyone can create a server for those games. Do you think EA wants people to be playing old BF games for years to come? No, they want you to be playing this years iteration for exactly ONE year when the next round comes out.

Yeah, thats why you can still find a bunch of bf4 servers, and even bf3 has some. You should count to ten before pressing that "post comment" button.
  • ElliotLH
    8559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris wrote: »
    (Quote)

Are you not aware that we're getting private servers?
  • CSO7777
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wboson said:
    I have no trust in big anti-cheat systems, they are too general and meant to make a lot of money with less effort. With first wave they could ban most of cheats to prove themselves but in 2 weeks tops the hackers would crack the system. And you can´t eradicate private cheats so easily.  Saw that with PB, only 100% HS cheats were discovered, maybe, later in the game. While a experienced admin could take care of the cheater in 15 secs.
    An experienced anti-cheat team should have coded at least 1 of those undetectable private cheats and constantly scan for them in the market("dark net") and update the anti cheat system at least once per week. That´s what I´ve seen helping on private servers- an semi-known cheat coder jumps the team and next thing you know the private AC system is released and server cleaned up.

So I´d like to see a private AC system tailored specially for BFV based on cracking private hacks etc and/or admins with !ban hammer.
    "Big experienced anti-cheat teams", yeah right. That´s a good term to throw on gaming company boss to get attention, I won´t bite so easily.
    We must wait and see what EA are up to. But I play a little Apex legends as well and cheating is pretty common in that game even with EasyAnticheat. I think Respawn/EA is getting tired of paying for something that is not working as good as expected, it banned a lot of cheaters but aim-bots etc are still pretty common.

It sounds like EA will make some sort of 'virus-scanner' (cheat-scanner) and it can in theory catch all cheats (if done well). The problem is that the 'signatures' have to be updated constantly and this probably means they have to have the cheat-programs "in their hands" (to calculate signatures), which will be hard to do in real life. They can also look for "behaviour" of software but this brings a lot of other problems and can be hard to do.

But at least it will get better than the situation we have now, every banned cheater is a win for EA at this time. Whether it's enough for the community only time will tell.
  • r_aquarii
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i'm cancelling my origin access until EA wake up their idea and do something about cheater