[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    If you play games meant for kids, you get to play with kids... Kids cheat, they steal, they try to get away with dishonest acts, they are selfish and hurt others... Play a kid's game and you get to play by kid rules, try to get away with what you can and when you get caught start crying and acting like... Yeah, a kid. Needless to say, I am backing out of playing kids games anymore (such as this one). There are far better games that I can play without having to interact with children and their way of thinking.

    Edit: I am not just talking about kids under 18... Technically, the human brain does not fully develop until around 25, so I am talking about everyone up to around that age.
    I am not going to fully agree with you.  I've seen lots of names, names that are plays on words, names of hackers, that are cultural references that you would have to be over 30, let alone over 40, to catch.  It's not a kids thing, hacking, I mean.

    Although I tend to disagree. If they are 30-40 years old, they are REALLY pitiful. I can understand it, MAYBE, better if they are still in their 20's. If you are doing this in your 30's or 40's, you are just a pitiful human being.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the type of reply that you get when contacting EA support:  Note the games mentioned.

    https://imgur.com/asZMEpR
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:


    Although I tend to disagree. If they are 30-40 years old, they are REALLY pitiful. I can understand it, MAYBE, better if they are still in their 20's. If you are doing this in your 30's or 40's, you are just a pitiful human being.
    I don't think anyone will argue that point at all.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the type of reply that you get when contacting EA support:  Note the games mentioned.

    https://imgur.com/asZMEpR
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:


    Although I tend to disagree. If they are 30-40 years old, they are REALLY pitiful. I can understand it, MAYBE, better if they are still in their 20's. If you are doing this in your 30's or 40's, you are just a pitiful human being.
    I don't think anyone will argue that point at all.
  • I9sixty2
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And with so much cheating going on i'm getting paranoid.... everyone above average is a suspect . Sad that it has come to this.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do you consider average?  At the beginning of BFV, the "cheat sites" warned you not to go 30-0, because that made you obviously a cheater...Now, you see that every round.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't ban the hackers ,just make it so they can't see servers with legit players ,that way they can play vs other bot jockeys , if you ban them they will just get another account , don't tell them and hope they don't figure it out..
  • OskooI_007
    1257 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    TheRealFoe wrote: »
    Don't ban the hackers ,just make it so they can't see servers with legit players ,that way they can play vs other bot jockeys , if you ban them they will just get another account , don't tell them and hope they don't figure it out..

    This is a great idea! Just throw all of the cheaters into the same server. Loool
  • TFBisquit
    2220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    STOPchris said:
    If you play games meant for kids, you get to play with kids... Kids cheat, they steal, they try to get away with dishonest acts, they are selfish and hurt others... Play a kid's game and you get to play by kid rules, try to get away with what you can and when you get caught start crying and acting like... Yeah, a kid. Needless to say, I am backing out of playing kids games anymore (such as this one). There are far better games that I can play without having to interact with children and their way of thinking.

    Edit: I am not just talking about kids under 18... Technically, the human brain does not fully develop until around 25, so I am talking about everyone up to around that age.
    I am not going to fully agree with you.  I've seen lots of names, names that are plays on words, names of hackers, that are cultural references that you would have to be over 30, let alone over 40, to catch.  It's not a kids thing, hacking, I mean.

    Although I tend to disagree. If they are 30-40 years old, they are REALLY pitiful. I can understand it, MAYBE, better if they are still in their 20's. If you are doing this in your 30's or 40's, you are just a pitiful human being.

    We have to realize that 20 years ago those were between 10 and 20. Cheating was already popular in mp games back then. Now as a working adult they spent some small change and get some benefits from it.
  • Dynamyte71
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @TFBisquit

    20 years ago? 20 years ago Q2 Threewave came out for CTF. The only thing I can recall using was a quad timer to know when the power up would be up next (which a simple stop watch would do).
    Communities were actually communities. You knew everyone. Servers were private. Two to three moderators on at any given time. Same with the first iteration of Unreal Tournament. I Miss Buzzards and Skippers Cove.
  • TFBisquit
    2220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plenty of cheaters in the form of wallhackers in soldier of fortune from 2000. Live admins needed to ban them etc etc.
    So yeah, just as rotten back then as it is today. Nothing changed, nothing new under the sun, same ol same.
    Back then there were already teenagers playing it on dad's pc. Cheats could be found on the internet, protection wasn't available.
    But back then you also relied on dedicated servers from clans. hosted on some uni network and the likes.
    Those teenagers are now between 30 and 40, and I don't doubt they wouldn't mind using a cheat in an online shooter. There is always that topdog, that good player with a faster connection etc, They wont hesitate and enable a cheat to get back at him.

  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit said:
    Plenty of cheaters in the form of wallhackers in soldier of fortune from 2000. Live admins needed to ban them etc etc.
    So yeah, just as rotten back then as it is today. Nothing changed, nothing new under the sun, same ol same.
    Back then there were already teenagers playing it on dad's pc. Cheats could be found on the internet, protection wasn't available.
    But back then you also relied on dedicated servers from clans. hosted on some uni network and the likes.
    Those teenagers are now between 30 and 40, and I don't doubt they wouldn't mind using a cheat in an online shooter. There is always that topdog, that good player with a faster connection etc, They wont hesitate and enable a cheat to get back at him.


    If so, they sure turned into sad pitiful adults. You technically should have matured past this point by 30-40 years old...
  • DocCuda418
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they dont want to do anything just give us a robust private server option. Some third party anti-cheat plug in will surface and the community will fix the problem. Once I find a cheat free server I am good, I actually like the game now and can handle everything else, just not the cheating. 

    I dont mind paying a clan 5-10 a month if that's what it takes, I just want a good game and tonight a 125-2 player just chased everyone offline. 

    I would be upset as an investor, that a multi-million dollar project could be undone by some teenagers and a few thousand bucks. 
  • soupy48
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they dont want to do anything just give us a robust private server option. Some third party anti-cheat plug in will surface and the community will fix the problem. Once I find a cheat free server I am good, I actually like the game now and can handle everything else, just not the cheating. 

    I dont mind paying a clan 5-10 a month if that's what it takes, I just want a good game and tonight a 125-2 player just chased everyone offline. 

    I would be upset as an investor, that a multi-million dollar project could be undone by some teenagers and a few thousand bucks. 

    Well said.
    What a great thing BFV could be with proper servers, like those in BF4.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    “...We need a journalist that is not afraid of EA.”

    It’s sad that reports and postings like this from the community on such massive scales is still not getting their attention to fix their product.

    Do you know who else we could reach out to?

    I’ve sent things to various folks at EA from – Sean Merson, Anti-Cheat Producer,
    The DICE Anti-Cheat Team to Andrew Wilson, the CEO of EA.

    I’ve had no luck, but will keep on sending to them and more.

    @EA_Tom Where are you? Can we get a response from you? It’s been 150 days at this point with no update or word from EA on how they’re going to address this major problem with their product.
    We need someone not employed by EA, not afraid of EA, to publish some of the statistics and more egregious cases of hacking (3+ week rage hacking).  A game changer won't do it, they get money from EA.  We need someone that is a journalist.  I've reached out to a few, but no bites.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    13£ on origin at the moment and you still can’t entice me to get this mess on pc!
  • Fatar_BD
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please DICE add something like a vote kick or vote ban so players can kick out cheaters. If a player is vote kicked, he shouldn't be allowed to join again for at least 12-24 hours.
This discussion has been closed.