Weekly BF

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• OskooI_007
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I ran into so many cheaters rage aimbotting this morning. I kept switching servers, but gave up after 3 or 4 servers in a row with 300 ping aimbotters going 100-0.

PlayStation 5 can't get here fast enough!
  • xHonest_Abe
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Green-au said:
    I've been a server admin before just having the power to kick hackers from your server creates a awesome server that the legit players will always fill and enjoy playing on  .very simple fix to me 

I was one on BF3, the obvious hacks did not last past half of the game before kick. The ones kick/ban would have to document online why they would want to come back to the server, most did not take the time to appeal (the owner or senior admin of the server would make the final call to reinstate a player). While the admins were not online (usually late at night) we would have the server set to auto kick when a player had an outrages number of kills during the game or practically had all their kills head shots during a long game. This would not catch them all, but in the morning we would go over scores while the admin was not online during the night and ban the ones reported by senior members of the gaming clan who played late at night. Most of the time we would verify on tracker, and many times find the red flags ones reported way beyond suspicious hack from previous games. Back then you could see the admins get rid of cheaters on real time, you don't see it on BF5 and BF1. Just the crickets chirping in the background like everything is peaceful on the server while the server is being plundered. :D
  • D4rkS4v4nt
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Came on here because the cheating situation is getting ridiculous ever since EA increased the rankings to 500. Now it is every cheaters fantasy to be the first one to rank 500 so they are online ruining our games everyday. But nothing is done about it, we report them and there is no feedback... nothing.

My resolution to the problem - BRING BACK PRIVATE SERVERS! - why is this still not available? Allow people to buy their own servers and administer them so that cheaters can be quickly identified and dealt with by kicking / banning.

This game will be dead before the private servers are ever released.
  • ElliotLH
    8585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 10
    D4rkS4v4nt wrote: »
    Came on here because the cheating situation is getting ridiculous ever since EA increased the rankings to 500. Now it is every cheaters fantasy to be the first one to rank 500 so they are online ruining our games everyday. But nothing is done about it, we report them and there is no feedback... nothing.
    My resolution to the problem - BRING BACK PRIVATE SERVERS! - why is this still not available? Allow people to buy their own servers and administer them so that cheaters can be quickly identified and dealt with by kicking / banning.

Private servers were delayed until chapter 5. If they're still on track that means we should see them some time next month (probably the tail-end).
  • Nutcrusherr
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Private servers were delayed until chapter 5. If they're still on track that means we should see them some time next month (probably the tail-end).

I thought its comin this month..
    Well, back to bf1 til then
  • jackbauerpower
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really annoyed why nothing has been done to rid the hackers/cheaters from Battlefield 5.  It's almost a complete conspiracy why EA dodges this.  After all, other multiplayer games from Ubisoft, Steam, Activision all have anti-cheat software. If you are releasing a multiplayer game, its standard to have anti-cheat software installed!
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The good thing is now with the cheater invasion they really have to do something, if they do absolutely nothing the next Bf will (HOPEFULLY) be doa on PC,
  • ElliotLH
    8585 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I thought its comin this month..
    Well, back to bf1 til then
    It was meant to originally but has now been pushed back until after October. It sucks but hopefully there are no further delays and they get it right.
  • C0baIt
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They did the same thing is BF1. Were way too slow to implement dedicated servers and the hacks were rampant in that game too. Just dont buy the game, that speaks the loudest. There has to be some kind of movement or boycott of the franchise for them to straighten  out. Dice needs to break away from EA altogether. And listen to the PC players. EA has other stuff other than BF to lean on. Dice could pull it off but they arent that smart to strike out on their own. What we need is a boycott and everyone get on the same page. Money talks and BS walks in this day and age. Shareholders call the shots. Maybe if the shareholders knew how EA treats their consumers it might make a difference. But the bottom line is money. Plain and simple. They truly dont care about the gaming experience for people like us. They just dont. They "Swallow Camels and Choke on Gnats" to quote a bible verse. They worry about stuff that dont even matter then turn around and ignore the stuff that the gaming community is screaming about . CoD sucks but I'm gonna have to start playing that. BF is dead to me until they make some changes. I dont care how good the games are. The constant frustration with cheaters and hackers far outweighs my desire to give them my money any longer. Shame on you EA. Shame on you Dice for causing so many people to feel this way. 
  • bigdaddygonutz
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My God I have had a bad day today........ I spectated 8 blatant cheaters and after recording 4 of them and Spectator mode crashed on me 4 times......... (grrrrrrr)........I simply gave up playing today as it takes a long time to log out of game and log in as spectator and then spectating and recording and uploading to youtube and then report with video link.

I reported 3 of them with video links of 3 (the last guy was spectated by 3 others also - so dont wanna waste time on him) ......... and honestly - from now on I am not gonna spend anymore time on recording and uploading videos because its way to time consuming for me.

I wish there was and Ingame fearure so I could just: go to spectator - press player name - recorded - submit report with video........ and then done (maby in the future?)

PS:

Yes - it was blatant cheaters killing everyone across the map in a split second not even trying to hide it.

• warslag
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    People can be so bitter. Some will stoop pretty low to get back at whatever's eating away at them. They do it in games sometimes by cheating.

Some of the people in my first clan were caught cheating in BF 2. Nobody ever mentioned to other people in the clan that they were cheating, although sometimes it was pretty obvious. Occasionally, we would notice that one of our regulars was absent. Some rumours would start to swirl about them being caught by PunkBuster. We would start to check the PBBans list for their name. When we found one it would astonish me. Because they were good mates. We were all British players, mostly over 30. You expect higher standards of self-respect and integrity. After all, these guys were using the cheats to kill their mates - us, in their own clan. They'd betrayed us, and when they were caught, they would just disappear without an apology or goodbye. Even though we'd played together every day for years. You weren't allowed to remain in a clan if you were caught cheating, and we enforced that rule. Anyway, who would want someone like that after what they'd done?
    I was even asked once if I would let someone who had been with us for years, and who had been caught after "cheating for twenty-minutes as an experiment to see if they could see other people cheating" stay in the clan. But I said "no, you can't". We found out that this was the reason most people cheated, and we knew it was true because we experienced the temptation ourselves and for the same reason. The reason that people cheated, was because they thought other people were cheating. It was that simple. The difference was that they couldn't resist the temptation and we could.
    I have to also say I loved PunkBuster. Some hated it but I never understood why. I appreciate what everyone connected with that anti-cheat did for us to make our games brilliant to play.
  • TheRealFoe
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What i think you should do is if they are found to have used a hack  , you Should definitely name and shame them ,walk them up  and down the street wearing a board  saying i suck so bad so i need to cheat , for added punishment it should be in the handwriting of the loathsome individual . poking them with a pointy branch would be optional depending on your mood ,but you must tell the angry mob when to throw the rotten tomatoes .
  • STOPchris
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of servers are getting smaller and smaller everyday. There are only 3 populated servers tonight for TDM... Sad, but this IS a result of the cheating in this game. The game itself is pretty good, its just that no matter how good the game is it will die if the company is not doing anything about cheaters. 
  • zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder why BF5 cannot deal with cheaters effectively. Is it about funding? Or a problem with technical ability? Poor priority planning? I code, I understand that it can be difficult to manage on the pc. But surely, blatant cheating is easier to spot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7V60r7Jco&t= They talk about the technicalities of cheats.

Anyways, I cannot find a server in singapore or japan without at least 1 blatant cheater is the last weeks. More often than not, there r multiples. 

• olavafar
    1994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    zerweast said:
    I wonder why BF5 cannot deal with cheaters effectively. Is it about funding? Or a problem with technical ability? Poor priority planning? I code, I understand that it can be difficult to manage on the pc. But surely, blatant cheating is easier to spot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI7V60r7Jco&t= They talk about the technicalities of cheats.

Anyways, I cannot find a server in singapore or japan without at least 1 blatant cheater is the last weeks. More often than not, there r multiples. 

I also find it very strange how one can have some kind of anti-cheat software that does not instantaneously spot the rage cheaters. This just has to be very simple. Also damage modification (both given and received)... How can that even be a thing? The server knows what damage is expected so how is the client even allowed to override that? Do the writers of anti cheat software have any clue at all how cheat software is made? It does not looks so at least.
  • zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, how much do I have to play to be as skilled as the pilot with consecutive headshots from plane? I play for leisure, I cant afford half my day playing bf5
  • jackbauerpower
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    C0baIt said:
    They did the same thing is BF1. Were way too slow to implement dedicated servers and the hacks were rampant in that game too. Just dont buy the game, that speaks the loudest. There has to be some kind of movement or boycott of the franchise for them to straighten  out. Dice needs to break away from EA altogether. And listen to the PC players. EA has other stuff other than BF to lean on. Dice could pull it off but they arent that smart to strike out on their own. What we need is a boycott and everyone get on the same page. Money talks and BS walks in this day and age. Shareholders call the shots. Maybe if the shareholders knew how EA treats their consumers it might make a difference. But the bottom line is money. Plain and simple. They truly dont care about the gaming experience for people like us. They just dont. They "Swallow Camels and Choke on Gnats" to quote a bible verse. They worry about stuff that dont even matter then turn around and ignore the stuff that the gaming community is screaming about . CoD sucks but I'm gonna have to start playing that. BF is dead to me until they make some changes. I dont care how good the games are. The constant frustration with cheaters and hackers far outweighs my desire to give them my money any longer. Shame on you EA. Shame on you Dice for causing so many people to feel this way. 
    Totally agree with what you have said dude!  Its killing one of our best game series on the PC. 
  • Green-au
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    13 pages of comments and no response from EA or Dice .what a joke I would of been sacked by now from my job .
  • Jinko_itx
    740 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ….such a beautiful game that will be known for the poor decisions that DICE or EA has made to secure their game. They should have known that this was going to be a major problem. Server side anti cheat system could literally solve the cheat problem, I am a coder, if the client side doesn't match the server side code, red flags go up, whats happening here is purposely being incompetent to appease ….someone or some company that is obviously against your average customer and it MUST be acknowledged , vote with your wallets!!