[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Carbonic
    1970 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    GVlXxf said:
    locked china region or VPN players in asia region servers.

in asia, excerpt china and north korea, no any countries or city need to use VPN to play the game. group these people in a isolated or separate servers pls.

asia players is demanding it so long, as it's a consensus in asia region as well china players, they just use cheat engine in any online game, MP , shooting game. most game used locked china region, 

(politics removed by moderator)
    I think you need to learn what a VPN is. All your suggestions are not possible due to the very nature of how VPNs work. Also, plenty of people in the entire world needs VPNs to game for various reasons.
  • Bequiet46
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something motivates me to uninstall this game 
  • Magikf1ngers
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The real problem is that EA doesn't give two turds about anti-cheat.  They're too busy making the game studios develop content for real-life monetary micro-transactions.  The cheating problem isn't limited to Battlefield, it's prevalent in all of the EA games that have multiplayer aspects to them.  They just don't care anymore.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    SirBobdk said:
    olavafar said:
    I agree. 90% is too high and the original sentence was "but the strange thing was that nearly all kills with every bolt action rifle was a headshot, so when he hit it was a headshot 90%- 95% of time is that plausible" which suggested the number was not calculated (you do not get an interval from a division of two numbers). Maybe it was indeed 90% but one would need the whole picture to judge that number. Is it over one game (12 kills 11 headshots) or over many (1200 kills 1100 headshots). There is also the highly plausible accuracy number which might suggest there is no ambot in use (one can still fix that by shooting in the ground of course.). But on the information given I would not call the guy a cheater. Does not mean they are not.

I couldnt decide either if this guy is a cheater, or not, but his stats seemed fishy to me thats why i hoped to get some information from other "good" recon players if an accuracy of 40% and headshot ratio of 90% with bolt action rifles are plausible. The stats from battlefieldtracker where overall numbers of all games played, i looked myself up too and the numbers where very accurate... another point was: Can someone learn in 9 days ~216 hours of gameplay as recon to reach such good stats, with an overall K/D of 1,80 telling me: Meh that guy cant be a FPS pro, nor was he uber good from the beginning, but suddenly startet to go 50-5 in nearly every game...

I use to say that if it smels like a fish, look like a fish and swins like a fish its probably a fish.
    Most of us who have been around for ages have a good feeling if someone is cheating even without looking at stats. Like yesterday where a guy with overall 0,9 KDR was doing to well with mg42 and not single HS. When I called him out he turned it off and went 5-20 the rest of the game.

50-5 all of a sudden definitely smells like fish to me unless the guy started to go all in for tanks. Game time or XP level is not as indicative as one might think though. The basic skill set carries over quite well between FPS games. Just take a guy like Stodeh as an example. It is not like he needs hundreds of hours to be good in a new FPS game. Most players are not Stodeh though. It is far more likely they just cheat.
    Most people who scream, "So you think STODEH hacks too?" don't even realize that the hackers being referred to have probably 3x the KPM of Stodeh...
  • DaManiac72
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Check your God damn reports every now and then and be responsive.... or be Active ... or even better: Be PRO ACTIVE!
  • prest777
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This cheater problem has been around for a long time and is getting worse.
    If you want to destroy the cheater business.
    They are currently selling these cheats for money!
    Then you have to build your own cheats into the game. A vote then decides whether the players activate the cheats for this round or not.
    So the players can then decide for themselves.
    This will destroy the basis of the developers of the cheats business and will sooner or later exterminate the cheaters!
    It's radical ... I know ..... but it's the only safe way. Anticheat is bypassed all the time!
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    prest777 said:
    Then you have to build your own cheats into the game. A vote then decides whether the players activate the cheats for this round or not.
    This will destroy the basis of the developers of the cheats business and will sooner or later exterminate the cheaters!
    It's radical ... I know ..... but it's the only safe way. Anticheat is bypassed all the time!
    Except that when all voted for not using cheats some would still activate their external cheats and pretend to be good...
    Cheats can also be obtained for free at several sites.
  • prest777
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it stands out and there are doubts, the players have the option to re-tune and reactivate the cheats at any time. This possibility will rob the cheaters of the foundation!
  • prest777
    I would like to add. If you have this new model running for a while, the point may come at which the players no longer want any cheats. Will only happen when the cheat is no longer possible because everyone can do it.
  • Magikf1ngers
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    prest777 said:
    I have to say - that is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a very long time out of the gaming community, and I regularly read Reddit.  

Fact of the matter is - EA / DICE could counter the cheat problem in a myriad of ways without building them into the game.  What you just described is the reason so many games have stopped allowing mods to be built, because people would get the SDK for free and build cheats.

They need to do more to fix it.  As I said before, when Punk buster was on scene - it had some problems at times being overly protective, but you could correct that.  I'd rather have anti-cheat err on the side of being over protective than just having it be non existent as it is now.  

Add to that the insult of a reporting system that doesn't seem to do anything at all.  This isn't a problem with just Battlefield, either - being a long-time Titanfall player and volunteer mod for that community, I see the same thing there.  The whole "Just e-mail <insert e-mail address here> and we'll forward it on" - and then nothing ever changes.  That destroyed the first game, and it's destroying TF2 now.  BFV is just as bad anymore.  I can't remember the last time I played a match that didn't have some clown at the top of one team or the other with a score of 55 and 2, and the next person on that team has a score of 19 and 8 ( just an example).  Or the last time I played a match where I was absolutely hidden behind terrain or something else, and getting shot through it by the person with that score.  

So yeah - building cheats into the game?  Hell no.

• RayD_O1
    1144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    prest777 said:
    How about no. !!!
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Entering a game where cheats are legal ?????
    The self-esteem of myself would say to throw myself in a ravine before unloading cheat!
    Playing WITHOUT cheats is a matter of pride and honor for me.
    Who uses cheat is only a person with obvious self-esteem problems,
    and profound problems of not considering himself at the height of the other players.

• prest777
    I agree with you. I'm not cheating in an mp game for similar reasons.
    But it's about that you have to destroy this scene's business model. Otherwise it won't stop! It is the money and the fleeting call. You will find new ways. The only way that prevents that, I showed you.
  • R0ckyRaco0N
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    *violation removed*
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • DutchFightert
    90 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What i don't understand is that everybody stay's in the game when there is a cheater.
    Al go away, who is he then going to shoot ?
  • lapoulp
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA absolutely is on the side of cheaters. Who do you think buys more cosmetics, the average player or the narcissist who HAS to make people think he's good with cheats and wants to show off? And who do you think EA loves more between these two?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What i don't understand is that everybody stay's in the game when there is a cheater.
    Al go away, who is he then going to shoot ?
    Because people see 63/64 and join, or the auto-match system puts them in the game.
  • Blackhawk
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why can't they just implement votekick? Sure some innocent people will get kicked from servers when they are just good players, but it's a small price to pay for the community policing itself (since EA DICE is incapable of doing their job)
  • kamisama187
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    Carbonic said:

I think you need to learn what a VPN is. All your suggestions are not possible due to the very nature of how VPNs work. Also, plenty of people in the entire world needs VPNs to game for various reasons.

Due to the very nature?  VPN connections are easily identified by an admin worth his weight, and connections dropped. (amazon and netflix do it)  If people NEED a VPN to play online, they are breaking laws in their home countries.
This discussion has been closed.