[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Magikf1ngers
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not understanding where you all are saying that legit players are punished, while cheaters are protected.  The fact of the matter is, nothing is done about either.  That's the problem.  

Legit players aren't celebrated, and aren't punished.  They are just legit players.  Just like law biding citizens aren't celebrated, and they aren't punished - they are doing what they're supposed to do.  

As for the the other comments - all I have to say is that things that happen in the forums are not related to anything in the game.  Volunteer mods have no insight, no special access into what's happening inside EA, and no voice in it.  They are just here to keep the wheedling to a minimum and do their best to keep it civil and fun.  Leave 'em alone and let 'em do their jobs.  If you have a serious comment about it - you're welcome to get in touch with EA Support and bring it up.  The moderators here can't help.  

• gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone might as well cheat, only way to play the game since dice won't do anything about it. They should be ashamed of themselves, releasing a game with a garbage anti-cheat.
  • kid_n4pper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    legit players are punished because cheaters are being allowed a free pass.. it's not rocket science.
  • kid_n4pper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    So this player apparently got to level 500 with 4 days of playtime. This is not a name and shame. This is what true skill is about:

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/ChIoeprincess_-/overview

definitely a good gaming chair and a $800 headset to achieve that level of skill.. I suppose it's because of all these "skilled players" that the devs decided to nerf the TTK/TTD values instead of putting their efforts into more pressing matters.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Went through the trouble of recordin, uploading to youtube and reported a cheater last week (with the Youtube link) through the tedious EA support system, checked his stats yesterday just cause and he's still having a wonderful time hacking away in the game. Welcome to Battlefield V where being an honest and decent player is punished and cheaters are protected and those who expose them are banned.

Shame on you Dice!
    I recorded and reported a guy that was rage hacking on 2/11/2020.  His last round was 3/15/2020.
  • SirBobdk
    5321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    gantinxxx said:
    Everyone might as well cheat, only way to play the game since dice won't do anything about it. They should be ashamed of themselves, releasing a game with a garbage anti-cheat
    Unfortunately, that's the way it goes. I gradually see many who clearly started playing legit and turned to cheating.

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    gantinxxx wrote: »
    Everyone might as well cheat, only way to play

No.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd_TV on
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    State of Battlefield V: 

What's kind of interesting, it says, "top class, assault."  The only stat that this person has in asssault that is better than any other class is time played.
  • kid_n4pper
    After about 5 or 6 horrible games with hackers, I finally had a good clean game today, and man it actually feels good. I wish the game can be like this all the time. So lets have hope guys, no need to go down to their level and cheat.
    If you think about it it's just 1 or 2 people who ruin the entire game for 62 other people.. so there's still good guys out there. Let's hope Dice does something.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    kid_n4pper wrote: »
    After about 5 or 6 horrible games with hackers, I finally had a good clean game today, and man it actually feels good. I wish the game can be like this all the time. So lets have hope guys, no need to go down to their level and cheat.
    If you think about it it's just 1 or 2 people who ruin the entire game for 62 other people.. so there's still good guys out there. Let's hope Dice does something.

Well...good luck with DICE handling it. They really need to also put in ping limits to prevent the 200-300 ping people messing up the servers, that would also purge the euro servers from a lot of cheaters..
  • TheW0mble
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    gantinxxx said:
    Everyone might as well cheat, only way to play the game since dice won't do anything about it. They should be ashamed of themselves, releasing a game with a garbage anti-cheat.

Unfortunatley, in the last few days it has become so rife, its hard to find a clean server.
    At least in BF4 you had playing admins and !votekick
    Now you have a game for the xbox/ps4 generation
  • gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheW0mble said:
    gantinxxx said:

Unfortunatley, in the last few days it has become so rife, its hard to find a clean server.
    At least in BF4 you had playing admins and !votekick
    Now you have a game for the xbox/ps4 generation
    I went over to modern warfare as of recent, mind you im not a big cod fan. So far its been a lot better, but like a cheating SO this game has destroyed my trust on legit good players.
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Back in the Battlefield 3 days (i'm pretty sure we had had it on BF4 too), our gaming clan server had a simple control that would kick/ban a player if a player had so many kills past a preset limit. I think it was around 75 kills but as admins we could adjust and fine tune it according to the history of the map. The same applied to kills/per min and headshots. This control was run when admins were not present late at night. If the gamer who past the limits challenged the ban in the morning, we would look further into his stats to give a fair judgement. Rarely we would have a challenge on the ban. This was many years ago, the technology is nothing new. You would think that there is a simple temporary fix for this 133 page thread.
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WE should go a different route and hit  EA support website instead of wasting time here on this forum and I don't mean click on the BFV on EA.com
  • Shrapnel-69
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play most weekends and some weekdays and its rife with them and as soon as the chat picks them out they go.....And no doubt join another poor buggers game and messes that up, How hard can it be when i played COD 2 back in the day we got the slightest hint of a cheat he was kicked. You must be able to fix this as it is getting out of hand just there scores they get is enough to show you there at it.....come on dice get your act togher PLEASE.

• pajsner
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fixing the cheating has never been Dice's thing. Skins and things they can make more money on are more important than whiner's who don't spend money on nothing. Wake up!
  • JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just got out of a TDM game with a blatant aimbotter who emptied the server. Nothing has changed and nothing will. DICE has our money and in less than 2 months they're going to announce the next BF game.
  • Blackhawk
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I sent a message to EA support , this is what I wrote:

There is a 133 page thread on the forums regarding hacking in BFV

It is well known that the game is overrun with hackers. I play primarily on Asia servers and 90% of servers have at least one obvious hacker. When I say obvious, it means they have wallhack and aimbot. They shoot through walls getting instant headshots and get 100+ kills.

Then there are players who use wallhack and are more subtle about cheating. Because players know hacking is a problem, it is difficult to trust good players are legit.

The community feels really strongly that not enough is being done to stop hackers. Many of us have committed to never buy another product from EA again because of this.

If you want to earn back our support, you need to take action. First, recognize our outrage at your inability to stop hackers. Second, give players more tools to deal with hackers. It is well known reporting on Origin does nothing to stop hackers. We need tools like votekick and an effective anticheat. And third, commit to more serious anticheat for current and future games.

This is the only way you can regain trust of your customers. Thank you

And this was the response

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts regarding Battlefield V, it's (name) here.
    I am sorry that you have issues with cheaters.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Unfortunately, we from tech support are unable to do something against these... Individuals...
    The only way to report these guys is via Origin I'm afraid.

In the following link you can read how to report cheaters, hackers and other individuals who are not playing by the rules: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

I apologize for any inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

For answers to frequently asked questions, please contact https://help.ea.com/

So this thread is a black hole with no indication our complaints reach the developers, reporting through origin doesn't work, and contacting EA support also goes to someone with no ability to pass on the problem

Seems there's literally nothing we can do short of finding a more direct means of contacting people within the company
This discussion has been closed.