[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets keep this post on track rather than going down levelution rabbit holes.

    I’ve been warned about this in the past so please keep that in mind.
  • Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

    You act like dice is even capable of adding a vote kick system lol
    Pretty much incapable of anything besides very very slowly churning out maps with zero effort on anticheat or bugs. I play games on PC with so-called cheater problems like PubG, like Siege at times. No game I currently play on PC feels as completely riddled with cheaters as BFV. I think most of them don't even aimbot either, but use ESP instead.
  • ElliotLH
    9662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    FritzCT wrote: »
    Mods I apologise because I know this breaches your TOS but please dont delete the post but edit it to get rid of the name - I don't know how to. It's meant as an example only.

    If you click the cog icon on the right of where it says 'member' you'll be able to edit your post 👍
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    JCap334 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I played BF4 since release up until BF1 was released. According to Origin, I logged 1030 hours of playtime. I mainly played TDM on various clan servers. I can count on 1 hand how many times I saw a blatant aimbotter in BF4. I'm guessing the issue happened more on Conquest servers. In BFV, which I've logged 1002 hours, I've lost count of how many times I've seen blatant raging aimbotting with players going like 76 - 0 in 1 round of TDM. Off the top of my head I'd say I've have hundreds of rounds dealing with a cheater. At this point, with an expected release of the next BF game by November, it's too late for EA/DICE to give their PC playerbase any confidence that they are doing anything more than they've been doing to combat cheating.

    I don't agree with votekick because that can be abused. They just need a robust anti-cheat that runs clientside that INSTANTLY PERMANENTLY bans a player when a cheat is detected.

    Wrap your mind around the fact that the anti cheat system either doesn't exist or is so weak it’s useless.

    So what are the options?

    Has EA implemented or fixed the anti cheat program? No.

    Has EA implemented servers that the community will support? No.

    That means EA wants you to play amongst cheaters that have a great advantage over honest customers. Either enjoy the game with both arm’s restrained or desperately ask for anything to help remove violators from the playing field.

    Like it or not, vote kick seems like an easy bandaid. If you fall victim to a vote kick too bad. There are thousands of players that won’t and they thank you for helping to improve the game.

    You act like dice is even capable of adding a vote kick system lol

    EA has implemented a voluntary vote kick by letting these cheaters run unchecked.

    I voted and kicked myself than made it a permanent ban once I could see EA didn’t care. The uninstall felt good.

    EA and the cheaters are a perfect match.
  • Netranger9
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What we all need to do is kick this company so hard that not even google can find them,and the only way to do that is DO NOT PREORDER or buy the next BF.EA/Dice have to know that this no anticheat rubbish is not going to fly.I love the BF series as much as the next guy(I am probably the worst player in history lol),but I still enjoy it and with some decent anticheat(SPEND THE MONEY EA/Dice),it could be great again.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14507 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 5

    It doesn't matter if you're giving the link as an example and you're fully aware that it violates the rules.. My question is,  Why post it KNOWING that it's a violation?

    Mind = blown...

    I have of course removed it due to it being a violation of the rules.

    This is not the place to be giving accounts unwanted attention,  TOS is where you need to send it via a cheat report.

    So please don't do it again.
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
     BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 
    You must not have been around for BF4's launch then,   That had a bug on siege that crashed the entire client to the desktop as soon as the central building was destroyed.
    Please, that Levolution Feature that was added to BF4 was just temporary on that specific map and that doesn't justify all the bs that everyone is going through today 4/3/2020 on BFV.

    I've been around and actually tested all BF games because that's what we are, real TESTERS. All you haven't been around actually gaming on any BF Series compared to us loyal customers.

    Mods can be loyal customers too,  you know.

    I have : 
    • Bad  company 2
    • BF1942 and expansions 
    • BF2
    • BF3
    • BF4
    • BF hardline
    • BF1
    • BFV.
    And yes I've spent a good deal of hours on them all with the exception of hardline.

    I've played everything Battlefield on PC since the demo of 1942. From memory that would add the following to that list:
    • BF3 DLC packs
    • BF4 DLC packs
    • BF Hardline DLC packs
    • BF1 DLC packs
    • BF Vietnam
    • Bad Company 2: Vietnam
    • BF 2 expansions
    • BF 2142 + expansion
    • BF Heroes
    • BF Play4free
    #Flex

    Also, "Levelution" was a main feature and one of the selling points of BF4 and it featured on most, if not all, of the maps in one way or another. There was the gaspipes on Dawnbreaker that when activated blew up a road and a bridge. Golmud Railway had a moving spawnpoint and huge explosives around the map. Flood Zone could be flooded. Lancang Dam could have its dam destroyed and you could raise anti vehicle things from the ground. In Locker you could demolish the middle guard tower. On Pakracel Storm you could make a destroyer sail into one of the islands.
    etc. etc. etc.
    All considered "levelution".

    In short @EXILE157, it's great that you have opinions and want to leave feedback about the current state of the game - The community managers gather that stuff up and forwards it to the studio. However, trying to make your opinions more valid because you have "tested all BF games" is probably not going to help, especially if you say misinformation about main features like "levelution" ;)
    Obviously you don't understand what I said when I was responding to
    Major_Pungspark said: I guess you weren't around when the aimbooters ran rampant for months totally making the game unplayable in Bf4)

    To say that BF4 wasn't playable because of "aimbooters" is misinformation! BF4 had its issues for many and less for others, yet it was playable!

    On "Levolution" No S*** Sherlock!... Siege of Shanghai, in particular, was the map crashing the game when the skyscraper was taken down and that's Paracel Storm, not >> "Pakracel Storm" ;) 

    I was saying that the Levolution issues was a temporary problem and it was fixed.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess we all have have different ideas of playable;
    game starts = playable
    game infested with huge amounts of russian grief hackers != playable
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
     BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 
    You must not have been around for BF4's launch then,   That had a bug on siege that crashed the entire client to the desktop as soon as the central building was destroyed.
    Please, that Levolution Feature that was added to BF4 was just temporary on that specific map and that doesn't justify all the bs that everyone is going through today 4/3/2020 on BFV.

    I've been around and actually tested all BF games because that's what we are, real TESTERS. All you haven't been around actually gaming on any BF Series compared to us loyal customers.

    Mods can be loyal customers too,  you know.

    I have : 
    • Bad  company 2
    • BF1942 and expansions 
    • BF2
    • BF3
    • BF4
    • BF hardline
    • BF1
    • BFV.
    And yes I've spent a good deal of hours on them all with the exception of hardline.

    Then why aren't you guys focus or have not been focusing on taking care of the obvious cheating/hacking that's been going on BF? All you guys do is defend the game no matter how broken the same is. Please don't tell me you guys are keeping it professional by not agreeing or even addressing the obvious. Mainly the stupid rules you put forth on us Loyal customers! Specifically when you one has proof - screenshot or video of cheaters/hackers. That should be allowed in the Forum!
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    JCap334 said:
    it's truly a shame and a let down that the devs are turning a blind eye to this issue.
    I couldn't agree more. I've seen more blatant aimbotting in this game than all other games I've played in my life combined... tenfold! And I'm talking about lewis gun instant head shots across the map aimbotting, not skilled players. DICE better step it up for the next BF game, but I'm sure because of this fiasco, their sales numbers will suffer.
    I guess you werent around when the aimbooters ran rampant for months totally making the game unplayable in Bf4, I mean, that was hidous amounts....lol...
    Don't give out false information now... I have all BF Series and played them all, yes there were cheaters on BF4 like every other chapter, but we had control compared to BFV where we don't have at all... BF4 got worse with cheaters/hackers as you say "aimbooters" towards the end of  BF4, EA/DICE were practically giving away BF4 accounts for free!!!... EA/DICE went into BF Hardline and then BF1 which became their major priority, that's when we lost BF4 and they didn't care to look back just like previous BF games, history shows it... 

    - BFV has No Anti-Cheat System, No Balanced, No Vote Maps and No Vote Kick. You only get 2 Options: (Shut Up and Take it ) or (Leave the Game).
    >>> That's Why We Need >>> ((INDEPENDENT SERVERS)) >>> So We Can Take Back Control Of Our Gaming Experience. <<<

    We're in 2020 now! You expect EA/DICE to have things in order a long time ago! especially with these specific titles, we're talking about a ((MultiBillion Dollar Company!))  BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 


    The game was unplayable for months, the moment there was no admin online it was no point of playing. And it wasnt in the end, it was probably launch year jan-mars or something, the amount of cheating was insane, I think the game was called the russian hackerfield of something, because most of them was using russian ip numbers...
    Stop it you're stretching it to another level...

    -The only reason why I only have ( 1338H and 38M gaming on BF3 ) because all jumped into BF4, leaving BF3 behind and that's what creates unplayable servers.
    -The only reason why I only have ( 2883H and 30M gaming on BF4 ) because all jumped to BFHL, leaving BF4 behind, but wait! BFHL was such a crap game, the herd came back to BF4! Now comes BF1, again leaving behind BF4...

    "Oooo a new BF game is coming out" BFHL 2015 crap!
    "Oooo a new BF game is coming out" BF1 2016 crap!
    "Oooo a new BF game is coming out" BFV 2018 crap!

    Most players just follow the herd as soon as EA/DICE advertises the hell out of their next project.

    BF4 is still playable and best BF by far compare to BF1 and BFV.  I used to go back to BF4 after dealing with the bs on BFV but the problem with BF4, there's hardly any Hardcore servers and Admins... Just like every other previous BF Series, the game no longer has updates and EA/DICE  no longer care about previous games, so it becomes a cheating/hacking festival as EA/DICE moves on to another, again history shows it. EA/DICE completely destroyed gaming communities in 2016.

    It's like we're going backward in gaming with today's technology... TRUST ME when I say, I won't be purchasing the next BF Series until EA/DICE get their act together and focus on creating complete and anti-cheat products for their loyal customers.  

  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am stretching it? It was really horrible for a COUPLE  of months.

    The reason why most players switch to the newer one is that most people see it as a game, not work, and want new fresh maps, new fresh toys to play with and then obviously have to wait a while to see how long it will take DICE to implement essential things from earlier games that they left out because, well, who know? The last one was a joke, or was it?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14507 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
     BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 
    You must not have been around for BF4's launch then,   That had a bug on siege that crashed the entire client to the desktop as soon as the central building was destroyed.
    Please, that Levolution Feature that was added to BF4 was just temporary on that specific map and that doesn't justify all the bs that everyone is going through today 4/3/2020 on BFV.

    I've been around and actually tested all BF games because that's what we are, real TESTERS. All you haven't been around actually gaming on any BF Series compared to us loyal customers.

    Mods can be loyal customers too,  you know.

    I have : 
    • Bad  company 2
    • BF1942 and expansions 
    • BF2
    • BF3
    • BF4
    • BF hardline
    • BF1
    • BFV.
    And yes I've spent a good deal of hours on them all with the exception of hardline.

    Then why aren't you guys focus or have not been focusing on taking care of the obvious cheating/hacking that's been going on BF? All you guys do is defend the game no matter how broken the same is. Please don't tell me you guys are keeping it professional by not agreeing or even addressing the obvious. Mainly the stupid rules you put forth on us Loyal customers! Specifically when you one has proof - screenshot or video of cheaters/hackers. That should be allowed in the Forum!
    See my sig.

    I do not,  And have not ever worked for EA or DICE in any capacity where I genuinely COULD have done something about it.

    We are gamers just like you,  We just offer up some of our free time to ensure folks like yourself abide by the rules and assist with issues if we are able to.

    Bad company 2 had a spurt of cheaters at one time which made the game unplayable until either punkbuster kicked things up a gear or two,  or until the cheaters moved off to another title.

    Bf3 also had a likewise spurt in the amount of cheaters,  As did BF4.

    Bf1 has the odd few now and then,  And BFV has a few more.

    Any game can be cheated,  And as long as there are people wanting to cheat and developers who are happy to meet the needs of their "customers",  there will always be cheating on pc no matter how good the anticheat.

    warzone has cheaters,  As does modern warfare's multiplayer,  but I think they probably have a better grip on the issue.


    I know you and others think it's pointless,  But  despite that,  Our go-to response to cheaters is always going to be report them.

    Agree with it or not,  THAT is how EA has set up the system to deal with cheaters that are somehow getting around fairfight.
  • FritzCT
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    FritzCT wrote: »
    Mods I apologise because I know this breaches your TOS but please dont delete the post but edit it to get rid of the name - I don't know how to. It's meant as an example only.

    If you click the cog icon on the right of where it says 'member' you'll be able to edit your post 👍
    Thanks Elliot, it'll save me from any future infractions.
  • ElliotLH
    9662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    FritzCT wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Thanks Elliot, it'll save me from any future infractions.

    You're welcome bud.
  • PapaRomeo77
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just went in and played some BF5, quit again.
    The cheaters are ALL over the place now, no one is doing a thing about it?
    Game is SO broken right now.
    What a total mess in this state, unplayable.
  • losthunter340
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

    Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

    Dude has 11,198 kills. 6,278 of those kills are headshots. I believe that's a 56% headshot ratio. I'd say there's a high probability that he's cheating.

    PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X can't get here soon enough.

    I dident check the headshot ratio and yeah thats really high to be fair, but it still seems hes really bad even if he is cheating :thinking:
  • I9sixty2
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    warzone has cheaters,  As does modern warfare's multiplayer,  but I think they probably have a better grip on the issue.
    I know you and others think it's pointless,  But  despite that,  Our go-to response to cheaters is always going to be report them.

    Agree with it or not,  THAT is how EA has set up the system to deal with cheaters that are somehow getting around fairfight.


    IW has not only better grip on the issue their  adressing it ! And that's the difference. I cant belief that you still advice reporting cheaters....Look at the the boards how many times you think people have reported a lot of them ....hundreds of times probably and they are still here. And don't tell me they are all legit. Oh and official statement on the issue from Dice or EA:  ZERO in two years... Even a osrtrich cant keep his head  burried in the sand that long.  

    Don't get me wrong i'm a longtime fan of the franchise and when I find servers with not to many obvious cheaters is it still big fun despite all the other problems btw. But I cant understand why they are destroying their own franchise or do they really think that all will be forgotten when the next BF launches ?


    Post edited by I9sixty2 on
  • NegativeCamberUK
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just came here to say I'm uninstalling this utter mess of a game, most rounds have hackers with like 82-3 K/D, DICE obviously do not care.  I'm done with this game.  
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

    Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

    Dude has 11,198 kills. 6,278 of those kills are headshots. I believe that's a 56% headshot ratio. I'd say there's a high probability that he's cheating.

    PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X can't get here soon enough.

    I dident check the headshot ratio and yeah thats really high to be fair, but it still seems hes really bad even if he is cheating :thinking:
    Then why don't you do some remedial checking of simple facts, (LIKE WE HAVE) before you open your mouth and spew incorrect garbage?
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am stretching it? It was really horrible for a COUPLE  of months.

    The reason why most players switch to the newer one is that most people see it as a game, not work, and want new fresh maps, new fresh toys to play with and then obviously have to wait a while to see how long it will take DICE to implement essential things from earlier games that they left out because, well, who know? The last one was a joke, or was it?
    Looking at your previous BF profiles, you hardly played the game compared to most that have put in the time, more compared to a 9-5 job.
    Do you even know who the AIX DevTeam is? have you ever heard of the ( AIX DevTeam )? I personally couldn't find your BF2 profile.....

    Anyways what AIX did with BF2 (2005) was prolonged players from switching to BFBC2 in (2010), costing EA/DICE money... The AIX DevTeam created an overall better gaming experience on BF2 than DICE themselves could have done!... Figures the next EA/DICE project is to make sure to eliminate the Mods for future BF and guess what, it started with BFBC2 after they creating ( BFBC 2008 only for consoles ).

    Finally, most players moved on to BFBC2 because BF3 was already in the talks for (2011) and within the gaming, communities players wanted to adjust towards future gameplay mechanism, the funny thing is BFBC2 Vietnam (2010) was a better gaming experience compared to the original BFBC2 and the graphic was way better!... Unfortunately, BFBC2 Vietnam only had 5 Maps and didn't last long enough, again EA/DICE jumps to the next BF game... Instead of expanding BFBC2 Vietnam that had so much room to grow!... No, it was unplugged and left behind the business as usual.

    Example: BF3, BF4, BF1 could have been reskinned, but there's ((no money to be made)) on that - There was really no need for a BFV which by the way before it even came out the public, just with the advertising alone the public were bashing the game and for good reason at that... Look we're in 2020 and since the launch, EA/DICE focus is Console-Style Gaming, No Anti-Cheat, No Balance, No Independent Server, No More Gaming Communities, Controlling our Gaming Experience and adding BattleCoins... There's more negative compared to positive that's a fact.

    We are the joke - You sure don't understand how corporate business work when it comes to money...
This discussion has been closed.