[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• V0MlT
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR notice. 

Today's frustration is becoming the norm.  Yet I still try because I paid for the game, and the few times I can get in one where the cheating is at a minimum, it's still a blast to play.  So the optimistic side of me keeps trying.  However - unless and until this issue is fixed, I will not be buying another EA product - and this is from a 30 year customer of EA.
    Well said and in the same boat as you, been an ea customer since very early in the history of video games
    such as the road rash series, so yeh well done EA, you managed to screw up years and years worth of
    customer loyalty.

PAY THE PUNK BUSTER PEOPLE TO SORT IT OUT FOR YOU??????????

• olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do you know witch day? I was looking around on some rounds but dident find the match I think you refering too and becuse the site is loading abit slow for me I dont wanna sit around looking for hes name in all hes games.

27 march I think.

As I said look at the graph that shows kills per day and work out what sort of kpm you need to get that number of kills. Adderall probably wouldn't be enough.

Just generally, not concerning this specific case. The 25th - and a few days forward (depending on play pattern) one gets a kill spike due to the reports kicking in working again. Just check your ow graph. You will see a series of days before with 0 kills for almost all players. These are all coming into the system the first day one plays after the patch so it is an accumulated number. Thus, be careful to take this as indication of cheating because mostly it is not. Of course also the cheaters get the spike though.
  • Carbonic
    1965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 6
    V0MlT said:
    You really want EA to pay for an anti-cheat that hasn't been implemented into any game since Battlefield Hardline in 2015?
    I can understand asking for other solutions that seem to be actively used but the ALL CAPS raging about Punkbuster seems counterproductive.
  • losthunter340
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Cheaters are starting to invade EU servers.
    It's horrible lately and only gonna get worse, DICE ignores the cheaters because a player is a player for them (they need all the players they can use so they allow cheaters I guess).
    And now they are shutting down more servers meaning more people will play on EU meaning more cheaters.

DICE FIX YOUR ANTI-CHEAT PLEASE.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/baocaoduyu/overview 

This guy has been cheating for weeks if not months.

This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  Asking for a forum.   Yeah, all these guys are, "just good."

I can absolutly be wrong when it come to that person ofc, but when we discussed befor I was not wrong, but I can atleast stand for beeing wrong sometimes if I am with this person! Can you admit you where wrong befor? I guess not! :)
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I9sixty2 said:
    warzone has cheaters,  As does modern warfare's multiplayer,  but I think they probably have a better grip on the issue.
    I know you and others think it's pointless,  But  despite that,  Our go-to response to cheaters is always going to be report them.

Agree with it or not,  THAT is how EA has set up the system to deal with cheaters that are somehow getting around fairfight.

IW has not only better grip on the issue their  adressing it ! And that's the difference. I cant belief that you still advice reporting cheaters....Look at the the boards how many times you think people have reported a lot of them ....hundreds of times probably and they are still here. And don't tell me they are all legit. Oh and official statement on the issue from Dice or EA:  ZERO in two years... Even a osrtrich cant keep his head  burried in the sand that long.  

Don't get me wrong i'm a longtime fan of the franchise and when I find servers with not to many obvious cheaters is it still big fun despite all the other problems btw. But I cant understand why they are destroying their own franchise or do they really think that all will be forgotten when the next BF launches ?

That's exactly what's been going on for the past years, go on to the next BF and never look back. This new forum was created to erase the previous Battlelog forum full of customers addressing the cheating/hacking and nothing was being done about it.
  • GenCuster
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I think like you do.
    But go explain to that bunch of 14-18-year-old kids that they are the mass of players who purchase both origin Access and cheats at the same time,
    Because in their heads it is automatic to associate cheating with being superior to others.....

• LOLGotYerTags
    14518 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
    Who created this (forums.battlefield.com)??? which is linked with EA/DICE BF Series. You must work for or work under someone with ties to EA/DICE - Your title says, Moderator. You can stand up and make a difference in this forum when it comes to these obvious cheats/hackers, but I guess it's your job not to stand behind us regardless of how true it is with evidence.

As a gamer just like me and many others - Even more the reason for you to stand and voice the frustration of everyone in here at the (conference room) speak up! on the forum stupid rules, make some changes. 

"We just offer up some of our free time to ensure folks like yourself abide by the rules and assist with issues if we are able to"
    - Yeah right, you get paid to do this!... We the customers are here giving up our free time addressing the issues that are not being taken care of.

I can save you the trouble pointing out cheater/hacker in every game, we know this for years and this is the subject.

"Our go-to response to cheaters is always going to be report them"
     - Please tell us how that has worked out so far...

"Agree with it or not,  THAT is how EA has set up the system to deal with cheaters that are somehow getting around fairfight"
    - Again, how has that worked out so far... Fairfight? is that even a thing on BFV...
    - Players are so frustrated with the way EA and you Guys on the Forum are handling the situation to point where it's just a waste of time and effort trying to report cheating/hacking, EA has set up a good system is called ( Fall on Deaf Ears ) and it's working. 

EA runs this forum.

EA sets the rules.

We are NOT paid to do this,  Google the term "voluntary" and read what it means.

So,  with that said,  Let's not derail the thread any further.

• Col_Little_J275
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another issue this lack of anti-cheat is causing is the insane amount of toxicity in the in-game chat and the number of false reports.  I see it against top players who stream as well as others like myself.  It's gotten to the point that if you have any skill, it must be hacks.  Just yesterday, I'm playing with my squad and I've got a nice pair of headphones and audio set to 3D headphones, so this guy is laying prone on the rock face on Fjell and doesn't realize that if you move while prone, even rotate, you make noise.  I hear him, so I jump over the rock face and let him have it.  The entire rest of the game he kept accusing my platoon and me of using ESP and stated that I had been reported....

This is why reporting or even a vote kick isn't full proof.  Too many players that don't know the ends and out of the game that jump to "it must be hacks" bc there is no system in place to prove otherwise.  I've played BF since 2002 and have become a bit of a try hard with BFV.  I study other "pro" players and have spent the past year honing my skill by playing every day to rise to a similar level of these other elite players.  But hop in a server and go on a tear and next thing you know you are getting accused and reported for simply being good.

Sorry for the rant.  It's more of a personal issue that I take offense bc I see such accusations as an attack on my integrity as a person.  But ppl actually logging false reports just angers me all the more.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People are spooked, that's why you get unrealistic accusations.
    Then the problem with chat is that eventually one gets triggered in using it too to vent some frustration, which wasn't the intention at first. So it gets toxic.
    As for the previous bf titles, bf3 was saved by rented servers. the publics from rental services were adminned a bit too which cleared out the obvious botters asap, and the clan servers provided an environment where you suddenly was better at the game, and kept growing. I recall from bf4 posts (which I skipped) there were many stability issues from crashing to not running at all, from bf1 I recall there were issues with planes (go figure) I skipped that too because of the setting.
    I played bfv beta and got bored from it within the round, but bought it at the christmas sale, just to see if I could run 100 fps on my aging sandy cpu.
    I'm heavily let down by the cheating problem in this game, but also have to say that I tracked several profiles to see them stand still at a certain date, and not getting active again. Or simply disappear. So something must have been done, or else these suspects would continue playing.
    As for this forum, I took the time to read all the terms, which is a decent read, not to say long. And those are straight from EA.
    I'm not gonna say how I perceived it at first, but I do recommend everybody to read it entirely.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It doesn't matter if you're giving the link as an example and you're fully aware that it violates the rules.. My question is,  Why post it KNOWING that it's a violation?

Mind = blown...

I have of course removed it due to it being a violation of the rules.

This is not the place to be giving accounts unwanted attention,  TOS is where you need to send it via a cheat report.

So please don't do it again.

Because you're not accepting the ongoing nonsense and not agreeing with the policy. It's a joke.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's as of now 138 pages worth of people talking about this. How much more are you people going to beat this dead horse? How much more complaining will you people do before you realize that despite months and months of asking for DICE to fix this game, they've only made it worse through sheer incompetence. It's time to hang it up people, the grave for this horse has been dug, time to pour the dirt over the grave, throw down your flowers, say some kind words for its passing, and MOVE ON. Clash Royale on my phone gives me more pleasure and fun than this game ever has.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Cheaters are starting to invade EU servers.
    It's horrible lately and only gonna get worse, DICE ignores the cheaters because a player is a player for them (they need all the players they can use so they allow cheaters I guess).
    And now they are shutting down more servers meaning more people will play on EU meaning more cheaters.

DICE FIX YOUR ANTI-CHEAT PLEASE.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/baocaoduyu/overview 

This guy has been cheating for weeks if not months.

This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  Asking for a forum.   Yeah, all these guys are, "just good."

I can absolutly be wrong when it come to that person ofc, but when we discussed befor I was not wrong, but I can atleast stand for beeing wrong sometimes if I am with this person! Can you admit you where wrong befor? I guess not! :)
    When was I wrong in a discussion here?  Please link to it and I will admit I was wrong.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another issue this lack of anti-cheat is causing is the insane amount of toxicity in the in-game chat and the number of false reports.  I see it against top players who stream as well as others like myself.  It's gotten to the point that if you have any skill, it must be hacks.  Just yesterday, I'm playing with my squad and I've got a nice pair of headphones and audio set to 3D headphones, so this guy is laying prone on the rock face on Fjell and doesn't realize that if you move while prone, even rotate, you make noise.  I hear him, so I jump over the rock face and let him have it.  The entire rest of the game he kept accusing my platoon and me of using ESP and stated that I had been reported....

This is why reporting or even a vote kick isn't full proof.  Too many players that don't know the ends and out of the game that jump to "it must be hacks" bc there is no system in place to prove otherwise.  I've played BF since 2002 and have become a bit of a try hard with BFV.  I study other "pro" players and have spent the past year honing my skill by playing every day to rise to a similar level of these other elite players.  But hop in a server and go on a tear and next thing you know you are getting accused and reported for simply being good.

Sorry for the rant.  It's more of a personal issue that I take offense bc I see such accusations as an attack on my integrity as a person.  But ppl actually logging false reports just angers me all the more.
    I have a really good set of headphones, set to 3d headphones, and I still can't hear things like that.

Do you have any tips on configuring my headset to hear stuff like this?  I figure could be anywhere from in game, to the OS, to the specfic headphone software, but I'm lost.  Any ideas?

As for you getting mad that people file false reports: A lot of people have said here, and it seems pretty valid, that with such little faith in the system that is so widely held, people jump to hackusations way too fast.

In a way, I have to ask...Why would the GOOD players still want to play a 1.5 year old game that is ridden with hacks, when much better experiences are out there?  (that's not an accusation, just a random thought)
  • Magikf1ngers
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

Today's frustration is becoming the norm.  Yet I still try because I paid for the game, and the few times I can get in one where the cheating is at a minimum, it's still a blast to play.  So the optimistic side of me keeps trying.  However - unless and until this issue is fixed, I will not be buying another EA product - and this is from a 30 year customer of EA.
    Well said and in the same boat as you, been an ea customer since very early in the history of video games
    such as the road rash series, so yeh well done EA, you managed to screw up years and years worth of
    customer loyalty.

I agree with the sentiment, but PB is dead.  Has been for quite some time.  

That being said - something has to be done.  Period.  I keep hoping that some attorney will get this going as a class action lawsuit or something.  Technically - the cheating is against the EULA you agree to when you install the game, and by implication, every time you play the game.  It shocks me that games publishers won't enforce it that way.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    (Quote)
    I have a really good set of headphones, set to 3d headphones, and I still can't hear things like that.

Do you have any tips on configuring my headset to hear stuff like this?  I figure could be anywhere from in game, to the OS, to the specfic headphone software, but I'm lost.  Any ideas?

As for you getting mad that people file false reports: A lot of people have said here, and it seems pretty valid, that with such little faith in the system that is so widely held, people jump to hackusations way too fast.

In a way, I have to ask...Why would the GOOD players still want to play a 1.5 year old game that is ridden with hacks, when much better experiences are out there?  (that's not an accusation, just a random thought)

Studio reference headphones along with an amp and Dolby Atmos. That's all I use and can hear things just fine. I can hear movement fairly clear at about 15 to 20m out maybe more. The only issue I have is sound cutting when there are steps behind me in extremely random moments.

I think for alot of experienced fps players that are used to sounding so much in other games there spatial awarness(game sense) is near second nature. Picking up someone ruffling on the ground prone around a corner is fairly easy to spot compared to your casual every day guy just relaxing having fun. I can understand how people feel when i spot them and kill them like that. Its the nature of the beast. We all have started at that point and eventually got better (of course some going the wrong route by cheating)

To answer your last question I believe bf in general provides a unique experience as it practically the only game that gives you a shooting environment that you can control through your actions without a heavy amount of cheese. An example being (destroying buildings to clear objs or flanking freedom / alot more space to breath). I also believe the gunplay can be addictive as its on the arcade / casual side of things but still has a skill ceiling. No other game does this and has succeeded ( ground war cod doesn't come close). The only game that scratched the itch would probably be WW3 but that game fell apart under its own management.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd_TV on
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TL;DR notice. 

While I understand the concept of reporting cheaters, the problem is as I've said before.  It's like peeing yourself in dark clothes.  You get a warm feeling, but no one really notices.  It doesn't do any good. Especially when you see the same cheaters over and over again.  Fair Fight + report system is basically doing nothing.  This was how Titanfall did it before BFV - and it didn't do any good there, either.  

EA doesn't care.  I don't even put the blame on DICE at this point, as I've seen the same problem in multiple franchises that EA owns.  Battlefield, Titanfall, NFS - they're all rampant with cheaters.  Then I go into a different publisher's game (I Hate COD so I don't play any of those), and it's night and day.  Sure - you might see one or two, but that's IT - and you never see the same one twice.

I don't want to contribute to the negativity of this thread, however, suggesting you report someone through EA for cheating is basically like trying to use bubblegum to patch a gaping hole in your car tire.  In theory, it might work, but in reality it does nothing.

The ONLY ways to fix this as I see it are to:

1. Go back to a more pro-active anti-cheat.  I'm unsure what's available out there anymore, since I've been in college and lost touch with things for a while.  However - I cannot accept that there's not something better out there than Fair Fight and reporting.  Whether it's third party or in-house - there has to be something better. 
    2. Go back to having server rentals.  At least then they can be privately administered.  This should be happening for so many other reasons, but this is one of the biggest.  That way, if I'm an admin (and I was an admin for both CS and BF 1942 - BF3) and there's blatant cheating going on (e.g. - a level 21 person going 110 - 3 as a sniper), then I can ban that mfer from my server.  Or if someone is in there spouting off with bigotry and / or other offensive content, the admin can get rid of them.  That way they don't have to waste time on a chat filter.

For me personally - it got summed up pretty well for me today.  I've been working on my classes today, and needed a break.  I fired up BFV - jumped in, and basically tried five different games.  Between the cheating, and the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ teammates that think that sniping from spawn or hiding armor in spawn is going to somehow miraculously win the round (yeah, you can say it's an unrelated issue, but people get frustrated when they can't do anything because of a cheater, so that's how they react), I couldn't tolerate staying in a game.  

You should "Volunteer" to Speak the Truth on this Forum!!!!!!! 
  • pajsner
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Studio reference headphones along with an amp and Dolby Atmos. That's all I use and can hear things just fine.

What is the difference between Studio "reference" headphones versus regular "good" headphones?
  • kid_n4pper
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if people who actually go through the trouble of going into spectator mode to record cheaters are given a space to post said videos and have a team sort through them and ban cheaters accordingly?

Wouldn't that be much healthier for the game?

No one is going to bother recording someone who isn't cheating or a good player and posting it claiming they are cheating, I think people aren't stupid and even if they did that the rest of community would dismiss it. I mean hell it doesn't even have to be a public thread, maybe just give the players a way to submit videos for review.

Well there's the subreddit on reddit with all the videos but I'm sure no one from EA/DICE even bothers checking that.

Why are you so fixated on protecting cheaters and silencing the decent players who want to see a healthy change in the game?
This discussion has been closed.