[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• losthunter340
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Dude has 11,198 kills. 6,278 of those kills are headshots. I believe that's a 56% headshot ratio. I'd say there's a high probability that he's cheating.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X can't get here soon enough.

I dident check the headshot ratio and yeah thats really high to be fair, but it still seems hes really bad even if he is cheating :thinking:
    Then why don't you do some remedial checking of simple facts, (LIKE WE HAVE) before you open your mouth and spew incorrect garbage?

I did a misstake like I said and I manned up to it, if you stop having something up your *** maybe you could understand that sometime :)

I still stand for what I have been saying befor, alot of ppl that comes here to say "Oh its so many cheaters" probally havent meet cheaters in-game, YES there is more obv cheaters and there are less obv, but then there is acually GOOD players that get cheat complained and reported everyday when they play, me and my friend get complains everyday when we play, yesterday someone got so mad and wished my family they got corona etc and just becuse we are good at the game we should not get to hear stuff like that but its atleast good we dont care what other ppl say on the internet about us or our families. But I belive you think thats fair if they think we are cheating?
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another issue this lack of anti-cheat is causing is the insane amount of toxicity in the in-game chat and the number of false reports.  I see it against top players who stream as well as others like myself.  It's gotten to the point that if you have any skill, it must be hacks.  Just yesterday, I'm playing with my squad and I've got a nice pair of headphones and audio set to 3D headphones, so this guy is laying prone on the rock face on Fjell and doesn't realize that if you move while prone, even rotate, you make noise.  I hear him, so I jump over the rock face and let him have it.  The entire rest of the game he kept accusing my platoon and me of using ESP and stated that I had been reported....

This is why reporting or even a vote kick isn't full proof.  Too many players that don't know the ends and out of the game that jump to "it must be hacks" bc there is no system in place to prove otherwise.  I've played BF since 2002 and have become a bit of a try hard with BFV.  I study other "pro" players and have spent the past year honing my skill by playing every day to rise to a similar level of these other elite players.  But hop in a server and go on a tear and next thing you know you are getting accused and reported for simply being good.

Sorry for the rant.  It's more of a personal issue that I take offense bc I see such accusations as an attack on my integrity as a person.  But ppl actually logging false reports just angers me all the more.
    I have a really good set of headphones, set to 3d headphones, and I still can't hear things like that.

Do you have any tips on configuring my headset to hear stuff like this?  I figure could be anywhere from in game, to the OS, to the specfic headphone software, but I'm lost.  Any ideas?

As for you getting mad that people file false reports: A lot of people have said here, and it seems pretty valid, that with such little faith in the system that is so widely held, people jump to hackusations way too fast.

In a way, I have to ask...Why would the GOOD players still want to play a 1.5 year old game that is ridden with hacks, when much better experiences are out there?  (that's not an accusation, just a random thought)
    Its the game with its issues... I have tried different setups and it's the same situation you sometimes hear it and most of the time you don't, once in a blue the sound fades away for a moment.
    -Tanks are sneaking up on you like ninjas.
    -Airplanes fly low like ninjas, I don't even hear the screaming sound when airplanes take hard dives.
    - I can hear footsteps from a good distance, but you can't pinpoint exactly the direction the enemy is coming from, by the time you know the enemy is on top of you.
  • SKATLS27
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE/EA don't and will never understand how bad the situation is in Asian servers.

I understand that it's very hard, if not impossible, for developers to catch those sneaky ones. 
    But, I mean, getting your head blown off by a shotgun from 100m away is a totally different matter.
    In BFV, cheaters don't even bother pretending to be normal since they know they won't get caught.

Dear DICE/EA, if you're actually trying to get rid of cheaters in your game, you should understand there's no all-in-one software-wise solution to the problem.
    Start off with having one of your employee spectate servers a few hours a day. After a month, I bet that 70% of the entire cheating problem will have been solved.
  • losthunter340
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Cheaters are starting to invade EU servers.
    It's horrible lately and only gonna get worse, DICE ignores the cheaters because a player is a player for them (they need all the players they can use so they allow cheaters I guess).
    And now they are shutting down more servers meaning more people will play on EU meaning more cheaters.

DICE FIX YOUR ANTI-CHEAT PLEASE.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/baocaoduyu/overview 

This guy has been cheating for weeks if not months.

This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  Asking for a forum.   Yeah, all these guys are, "just good."

I can absolutly be wrong when it come to that person ofc, but when we discussed befor I was not wrong, but I can atleast stand for beeing wrong sometimes if I am with this person! Can you admit you where wrong befor? I guess not! :)
    When was I wrong in a discussion here?  Please link to it and I will admit I was wrong.

I am not gonna go back tons of pages to link that, but hey, you cant be wrong I guess so probally you wherent right? ;)
    Guess everyone with better stats then yourself is cheating :3
  • StarscreamUK
    7573 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    keep it civil and personal attacks on each other off the forum.

• StarscreamUK
    7573 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 7
    are you blind, can you not see I just said to keep it civil and keep personal insults away and then you chose to totally disregard it.  You have only yourself to blame.

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner wrote: »
    (Quote)

What is the difference between Studio "reference" headphones versus regular "good" headphones?

Very clear mids and highs. Alot less focus on lows. For most of the headsets I have used alot of gaming headphones weren't as clear and had a somewhat muffled range. I dont know what you consider "good" headphones. I use akg 701s if I want to try hard sound. I have used Sennheiser HD 650's which were just as good as my 701s if not better. My logitechs (I have 2) are junk and my hyperx's are fairly muffled. My Artic 7's too bassy and have a grainy noise to it that I dont enjoy. I use my hyper x because of a sponsorship but I can still make out positions just not as well as my reference setup.

I dont believe in 7.1 and 5.1 headsets.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Cheaters are starting to invade EU servers.
    It's horrible lately and only gonna get worse, DICE ignores the cheaters because a player is a player for them (they need all the players they can use so they allow cheaters I guess).
    And now they are shutting down more servers meaning more people will play on EU meaning more cheaters.

DICE FIX YOUR ANTI-CHEAT PLEASE.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/baocaoduyu/overview 

This guy has been cheating for weeks if not months.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  Asking for a forum.   Yeah, all these guys are, "just good."

I can absolutly be wrong when it come to that person ofc, but when we discussed befor I was not wrong, but I can atleast stand for beeing wrong sometimes if I am with this person! Can you admit you where wrong befor? I guess not! :)
    When was I wrong in a discussion here?  Please link to it and I will admit I was wrong.

I am not gonna go back tons of pages to link that, but hey, you cant be wrong I guess so probally you wherent right? ;)
    Guess everyone with better stats then yourself is cheating :3
    Wow, you really don't get it.  Back to block for ya.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner wrote: »
    (Quote)

What is the difference between Studio "reference" headphones versus regular "good" headphones?

Very clear mids and highs. Alot less focus on lows. For most of the headsets I have used alot of gaming headphones weren't as clear and had a somewhat muffled range. I dont know what you consider "good" headphones. I use akg 701s if I want to try hard sound. I have used Sennheiser HD 650's which were just as good as my 701s if not better. My logitechs (I have 2) are junk and my hyperx's are fairly muffled. My Artic 7's too bassy and have a grainy noise to it that I dont enjoy. I use my hyper x because of a sponsorship but I can still make out positions just not as well as my reference setup.

I dont believe in 7.1 and 5.1 headsets.

I have to say that sometimes even stereo on 2.1 speakers let me hear enemies nearby. But it's random. sometimes it's pretty accurate, other times it's all a big stampede from friendlies.
  • SirBobdk
    5322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

Today's frustration is becoming the norm.  Yet I still try because I paid for the game, and the few times I can get in one where the cheating is at a minimum, it's still a blast to play.  So the optimistic side of me keeps trying.  However - unless and until this issue is fixed, I will not be buying another EA product - and this is from a 30 year customer of EA.
    Well said and in the same boat as you, been an ea customer since very early in the history of video games
    such as the road rash series, so yeh well done EA, you managed to screw up years and years worth of
    customer loyalty.

PAY THE PUNK BUSTER PEOPLE TO SORT IT OUT FOR YOU??????????

I agree with the sentiment, but PB is dead.  Has been for quite some time.  

That being said - something has to be done.  Period.  I keep hoping that some attorney will get this going as a class action lawsuit or something.  Technically - the cheating is against the EULA you agree to when you install the game, and by implication, every time you play the game.  It shocks me that games publishers won't enforce it that way.
    They need to make a hack that will let you unlock skins that are behind the paywall.  That might get them interested in an anti-cheat.

True, Rofl
  • V0MlT
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

Today's frustration is becoming the norm.  Yet I still try because I paid for the game, and the few times I can get in one where the cheating is at a minimum, it's still a blast to play.  So the optimistic side of me keeps trying.  However - unless and until this issue is fixed, I will not be buying another EA product - and this is from a 30 year customer of EA.
    Well said and in the same boat as you, been an ea customer since very early in the history of video games
    such as the road rash series, so yeh well done EA, you managed to screw up years and years worth of
    customer loyalty.

That being said - something has to be done.  Period.  I keep hoping that some attorney will get this going as a class action lawsuit or something.  Technically - the cheating is against the EULA you agree to when you install the game, and by implication, every time you play the game.  It shocks me that games publishers won't enforce it that way.

Dead it might be, still catching cheaters though, a lot better than what we have now is it not.

Another issue this lack of anti-cheat is causing is the insane amount of toxicity in the in-game chat and the number of false reports.  I see it against top players who stream as well as others like myself.  It's gotten to the point that if you have any skill, it must be hacks.  Just yesterday, I'm playing with my squad and I've got a nice pair of headphones and audio set to 3D headphones, so this guy is laying prone on the rock face on Fjell and doesn't realize that if you move while prone, even rotate, you make noise.  I hear him, so I jump over the rock face and let him have it.  The entire rest of the game he kept accusing my platoon and me of using ESP and stated that I had been reported....

This is why reporting or even a vote kick isn't full proof.  Too many players that don't know the ends and out of the game that jump to "it must be hacks" bc there is no system in place to prove otherwise.  I've played BF since 2002 and have become a bit of a try hard with BFV.  I study other "pro" players and have spent the past year honing my skill by playing every day to rise to a similar level of these other elite players.  But hop in a server and go on a tear and next thing you know you are getting accused and reported for simply being good.

Sorry for the rant.  It's more of a personal issue that I take offense bc I see such accusations as an attack on my integrity as a person.  But ppl actually logging false reports just angers me all the more.
    I have a really good set of headphones, set to 3d headphones, and I still can't hear things like that.

Do you have any tips on configuring my headset to hear stuff like this?  I figure could be anywhere from in game, to the OS, to the specfic headphone software, but I'm lost.  Any ideas?

As for you getting mad that people file false reports: A lot of people have said here, and it seems pretty valid, that with such little faith in the system that is so widely held, people jump to hackusations way too fast.

In a way, I have to ask...Why would the GOOD players still want to play a 1.5 year old game that is ridden with hacks, when much better experiences are out there?  (that's not an accusation, just a random thought)

yes i do have a tip for that, get your hearing tested, im not taking the Pi**, had the same issue myself
    with subtle sounds and blamed all manor of things, sound card, headphones, speakers, amplifier, sound settings ect ect.

so seriously get your hearing tested before you waste too much time on that one my friend
  • Col_Little_J275
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 8
    I'm not going to advocate anyone run out and buy one, but I have a high-end sound card (an older Creative X-Fi Titanium HD) and it has always presented IN MY OPINION a noticeable improvement over onboard audio.
  • Magikf1ngers
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

customer loyalty.

Dead it might be, still catching cheaters though, a lot better than what we have now is it not.

Yoda you sound like. 

It might be better than what's in place now, but the problem with aged software like that is that people have had a ton of time to work around it, crack it, etc.  

Regardless, the sentiment is the same.  Anti-Cheat.  Now.  
  • Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to cave and buy it on PS4 but this joke of a game is still selling for 40 bucks on the PSStore. I am so done with dealing with cheaters on PC.
  • research-kitchen
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This whole thread is just sad!  The most popular thread is about cheating and it's at 139 pages.  Hope everyone has learned there lesson about believing anything EA says. I really doubt i'll buy the next one and I have bought almost every bf game since 1942.  #pathetic 
  • Magikf1ngers
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

customer loyalty.

They need to make a hack that will let you unlock skins that are behind the paywall.  That might get them interested in an anti-cheat.

• olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    V0MlT said:
    TL;DR notice. 

customer loyalty.

How do you know that a player with a certain skin actually payed for it?
This discussion has been closed.