Weekly BF

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

  • CptTrichomes420
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Green-au said:
    13 pages of comments and no response from EA or Dice .what a joke I would of been sacked by now from my job .
    And any new thread gets immediately locked down, (I'm surprised this one didn't get locked down). They really don't care and I wouldn't doubt if someone in EA or Dice profits from selling cheats, and telling higher ups that cheating's not a problem and the players are just crying wolf.
  • STOPchris
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Green-au said:
    13 pages of comments and no response from EA or Dice .what a joke I would of been sacked by now from my job .
    AAA publishers literally take your money and run nowadays. The industry needs more regulation.
  • R0bin0ftheH00d
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 11
    When you have a DICE dev who can legitimately go 70-12 etc what chance has the statistical anti cheat have at catching the closet cheaters. They try to hide it by appearing to be just a very good player but if you watch them long enough they slip up or get over excited and give the game away! Unfortunately the lack of transparency to cheating just makes a mockery to the paying customers who try and play fairly. I am another lost customer who didn't renew my EA access.

    God help BF6 if it goes cross platform with the same attitude towards cheating it could be the death knell for the BF series.
    Post edited by R0bin0ftheH00d on
  • xxxTUCO
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BTW, dice: just code the game and then encrypt it, they cant just inject code or whatever. or better still, just make up your own private code. or just have private servers so we can ban who we want..easy as
  • TheRealFoe
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Check shooters position on map  and what  smoke walls  mountains building are on that path before it head shots a player  ..
    firestorm , Track  if players are constantly looking at targets  even though they are behind cover  mountains ,buildings.  track to see if they run to their prey even if the target  is bad **** at avoidance . I think you can come up with a probability of cheating more on firestorm  especially when there are less players.
  • Mhill2029
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t come across them during my usual playtimes that often, but late at night/early hours it’s rampant. I’ve been seeing blatant cheaters that don’t even try to hide it and they’re pushing level 70+, which to me shows nothing is being done about them. These accounts should be outright banned, there should be a zero tolerance policy from DICE/EA. The report system is just for show imo....

    When this blatant cheating occurs, almost everyone leaves the server. It’s really harming the game. Soon they’ll be palming off the responsibility to admins that run Private Games. It’s as if....meh we can’t be bothered to put the time and resources into it, let the public do it instead. 


  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 12
    warslag said:
    I have to also say I loved PunkBuster. Some hated it but I never understood why. I appreciate what everyone connected with that anti-cheat did for us to make our games brilliant to play.
    Unfortunately, not everyone has had such a great experience with PunkBuster. Many people have had issues running previous games that had this AC on. In my case, PunkBuster wouldn't cause issues with BF3, but for some reason, it would stop me from playing BF4 on my PC. This was a PC which was fairly new back in the day. It turns out that I had to download the installer for PunkBuster, run the installation for PunkBuster and then leave the installation at the first stage in order to launch BF4. Why was that the case? I'll never know.

    I've also heard that BFDB, which is a community run platform for targeting cheaters, no longer considers new PunkBuster bans as valid due to some recently discovered bug, which was giving a lot of false positives.

    There's also the fact that PunkBuster is fairly easy to get around nowadays. All you need to do to see this is to play a few rounds of BF4 on Official servers ... you'll see cheaters all over the place.

    Maybe it wasn't that bad when it came out, but this anticheat isn't worth all of the trouble it has caused over the past few years.
  • x_Sutex_x
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 13
    I'm an old BF3/BF4 player, stopped playing BF4 for two years because of hackers, only just re-install that game. Which is why I paid the premium for a month two weeks ago to look at BF1 and BF5 and both are loaded with hackers. In BF5 could see something was a miss quickly, but confirmed with others in game let loose in chat fed up with the hacking going on, these players 'Squad/Tag' are well known to be hackers by lots of players!

    Ive cancelled my Premium membership and will let the month run out. Clearly hacking is something Origin/Dice/EA will never deal with, hacking in Battlefield games is years old. Many a player has complained long and hard trying to get  Origin/Dice/EA to deal with it, and fix it!.

    And there's always been simple fix. and its already inbuilt into all the games. And that's the statistics. You cant get 300 knife kills in a game, (as an example ) we all know that, so any statistics that shows a player to have high weird stats and especially a Squad/Tag group, should get the alarm bells going, and those players are banned removed from the game.

    I pay to play fair and square, I don't pay to be cheated on by other players, given hacking/cheating is years old all I can say is, as a company Origin/Dice/EA are quite immoral, to allow this to happen for so long across all their Battlefield games to players who don't cheat and hack.






    Post edited by x_Sutex_x on
  • CSO7777
    1280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xxxTUCO said:
    BTW, dice: just code the game and then encrypt it, they cant just inject code or whatever. or better still, just make up your own private code. or just have private servers so we can ban who we want..easy as
    You cannot just 'encrypt' the code, that is not how things work and even if you did, it would probably become so slow that the game couldn't run on a normal PC. The way Windows and CPU's are made, makes it possible for cheat-writers to read the games memory. Cheaters are willing to install programs that runs as hardware-drivers or as administrator and then it's more or less game-over for Dice. They have to detect the cheats running on the system (like punkbuster probably did) or use statistics (FF), this is what makes it hard.

     It will be interesting to how RSP turns out and if their new AC-system will make any difference.
  • warslag
    1536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 13
    warslag said:
    I have to also say I loved PunkBuster. Some hated it but I never understood why. I appreciate what everyone connected with that anti-cheat did for us to make our games brilliant to play.
    Unfortunately, not everyone has had such a great experience with PunkBuster. Many people have had issues running previous games that had this AC on. In my case, PunkBuster wouldn't cause issues with BF3, but for some reason, it would stop me from playing BF4 on my PC. This was a PC which was fairly new back in the day. It turns out that I had to download the installer for PunkBuster, run the installation for PunkBuster and then leave the installation at the first stage in order to launch BF4. Why was that the case? I'll never know.

    I've also heard that BFDB, which is a community run platform for targeting cheaters, no longer considers new PunkBuster bans as valid due to some recently discovered bug, which was giving a lot of false positives.

    There's also the fact that PunkBuster is fairly easy to get around nowadays. All you need to do to see this is to play a few rounds of BF4 on Official servers ... you'll see cheaters all over the place.

    Maybe it wasn't that bad when it came out, but this anticheat isn't worth all of the trouble it has caused over the past few years.
    There were plenty of times when I struggled to get PB "working". I used to enjoy those little challenges and learnt a lot about my PC and games because of those experiences. I've played games since the 70s and 80s when there were always lots of little problems and aggravations. We used to load up games on tape cassettes and floppy disks. UMS II had something like 12 cassettes to load. The 12th would always be the one to get a loading error. I must have broken hundreds of joysticks, game pads, mice, keyboards etc. But I didn't sue anybody.

    But if PB was bypassed (eventually) then that's okay. I'm still a big fan of PB.
    Post edited by warslag on
  • 287martin
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ha I remember loading games from cassette tapes I must be ancient. I think what we are seeing now is younger people feel the need to be the best at everything even if it means cutting corners and cheating. The younger generation can't understand the concept of skill and practice because that involves some form of effort to get good at something. I remember not so long ago when battlefield was based on skill and practice. A time when if you wanted the best guns you had to work hard to score xp to unlock them. Now with battlefield play for 10hrs as a noob unlock every weapon which doesn't even matter because they all feel the same so it is pointless. Back in the day if you got wasted by someone with a better gun than you it gave you motivation to unlock that weapon. These days the kids take the easy way and just download a cheap cheat it's very sad but very true. The concept of a computer game is to find it a challenge, to get better at it, to unlock items that help you get better at it . Maybe the youth of today are just so molly cuddled by their parents, they can't handle being constantly out skilled by someone twice their age. Heaven help us if a real big war kicks off most soldiers sent into battle will be looking at YouTube while bullets are passing 2 inches away from them looking to their favourite youtuber for advice on what to do in their current predicament !
  • Rev0verDrive
    6751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    x_Sutex_x said:
    I'm an old BF3/BF4 player, stopped playing BF4 for two years because of hackers, only just re-install that game. Which is why I paid the premium for a month two weeks ago to look at BF1 and BF5 and both are loaded with hackers. In BF5 could see something was a miss quickly, but confirmed with others in game let loose in chat fed up with the hacking going on, these players 'Squad/Tag' where known to be hackers and everyone knew!

    Ive cancelled my Premium membership and will let the month run out. Clearly hacking is something Origin/Dice/EA will never deal with, hacking in Battlefield games is years old. Many a player has complained long and hard trying to get  Origin/Dice/EA to deal with it, and fix it!.

    And there's always been simple fix. and its already inbuilt into all the games. And that's the statistics. You cant get 300 knife kills in a game, (as an example ) we all know that, so any statistics that shows a player to have high weird stats and especially a Squad/Tag group, should get the alarm bells going, and those players are banned removed from the game.

    I pay to play fair and square, I don't pay to be cheated on by other players, given hacking/cheating is years old all I can say is, as a company Origin/Dice/EA are quite immoral, to allow this to happen for so long across all their Battlefield games to players who don't cheat and hack.

    You can't simply ban a player for having ridiculous round stats. You have to "PROVE" they cheated to get those stats. "We All Know They Cheated" to get them, but it still needs to be "Proved".
  • warslag
    1536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    287martin said:
    Ha I remember loading games from cassette tapes I must be ancient. I think what we are seeing now is younger people feel the need to be the best at everything even if it means cutting corners and cheating. The younger generation can't understand the concept of skill and practice because that involves some form of effort to get good at something. I remember not so long ago when battlefield was based on skill and practice. A time when if you wanted the best guns you had to work hard to score xp to unlock them. Now with battlefield play for 10hrs as a noob unlock every weapon which doesn't even matter because they all feel the same so it is pointless. Back in the day if you got wasted by someone with a better gun than you it gave you motivation to unlock that weapon. These days the kids take the easy way and just download a cheap cheat it's very sad but very true. The concept of a computer game is to find it a challenge, to get better at it, to unlock items that help you get better at it . Maybe the youth of today are just so molly cuddled by their parents, they can't handle being constantly out skilled by someone twice their age. Heaven help us if a real big war kicks off most soldiers sent into battle will be looking at YouTube while bullets are passing 2 inches away from them looking to their favourite youtuber for advice on what to do in their current predicament !
    I know exactly how you feel. It's too easy to fall into thinking like that, though. But that's the affect cheating has on people.  My own experience, of people who cheated during my time in a BF:2 clan, was that ages and background didn't have any bearing on who cheated. It was just an individual's character that was the difference between those who chose to cheat or not.

    People decide either to cheat based on how likely they are to get away with it and what the penalty is. Or it's a moral and ethical choice.

    The game producers should have mitigated the temptation to cheat by making it next to impossible to advertise or spread information about cheating and to also make the penalties for cheating more apparent. They used to be better at this when online gaming first started but have now reversed that trend. There's more information about cheating and less information about the downsides of being caught.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    287martin said:
    Ha I remember loading games from cassette tapes I must be ancient. I think what we are seeing now is younger people feel the need to be the best at everything even if it means cutting corners and cheating. The younger generation can't understand the concept of skill and practice because that involves some form of effort to get good at something. I remember not so long ago when battlefield was based on skill and practice. A time when if you wanted the best guns you had to work hard to score xp to unlock them. Now with battlefield play for 10hrs as a noob unlock every weapon which doesn't even matter because they all feel the same so it is pointless. Back in the day if you got wasted by someone with a better gun than you it gave you motivation to unlock that weapon. These days the kids take the easy way and just download a cheap cheat it's very sad but very true. The concept of a computer game is to find it a challenge, to get better at it, to unlock items that help you get better at it . Maybe the youth of today are just so molly cuddled by their parents, they can't handle being constantly out skilled by someone twice their age. Heaven help us if a real big war kicks off most soldiers sent into battle will be looking at YouTube while bullets are passing 2 inches away from them looking to their favourite youtuber for advice on what to do in their current predicament !
    I know exactly how you feel. It's too easy to fall into thinking like that, though. But that's the affect cheating has on people.  My own experience, of people who cheated during my time in a BF:2 clan, was that ages and background didn't have any bearing on who cheated. It was just an individual's character that was the difference between those who chose to cheat or not.

    People decide either to cheat based on how likely they are to get away with it and what the penalty is. Or it's a moral and ethical choice.

    The game producers should have mitigated the temptation to cheat by making it next to impossible to advertise or spread information about cheating and to also make the penalties for cheating more apparent. They used to be better at this when online gaming first started but have now reversed that trend. There's more information about cheating and less information about the downsides of being caught.
    It is not only random, it is also a cultural thing. That is why some regions are seriously infested while others are less.
  • OskooI_007
    839 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 14
    JONxJITSU wrote: »
    Does the reporting system even work? I ask this because there is a player that goes by the name of *removed*. I have been reporting him for months. While filing the report I include a link to the footage I uploaded. Other people have been reporting him months as well and I played him this morning and 4 hours ago. I don't understand. Over the last few months I must have send in approx 10 clips of him raging and nothing. 

    What if we made a Thread in this forum dedicated to posting recorded proof of cheating; will this help the community?

    Yup, I've been reporting that same rage aimbotter for weeks. I just ran into him again today.

    I applaud your efforts to record him cheating and sending in video evidence to EA

    Cheaters are running circles around EA's anti-cheat department.

    It's going to be a long year waiting for PlayStation 5 to come out in 2020. Seeing so many cheaters in EA's PC games has made me switch to console.

    [post edited - do not post inaccurate statements regarding EA's anticheat dept]
  • OskooI_007
    839 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    [post edited - do not post inaccurate statements regarding EA's anticheat dept]

    Apparently my comment about EA's anti-cheat department not caring about video evidence of cheaters was deemed inaccurate.

    A more accurate statement would be:
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but as I repeatedly stated, the action of the anti-cheat team isn't solely based on videos from Spectator mode. They use their own tools. Your point that Spectator can be unreliable is exactly WHY they don't rely on it alone to determine if someone is cheating.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aheem6/comment/eedyukc

    That said, I have never once seen a cheater banned based on video evidence. And I've seen rage aimbotters go for months without being banned. Despite multiple people recording them and sending in video evidence.
  • JONxJITSU
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JONxJITSU wrote: »
    Does the reporting system even work? I ask this because there is a player that goes by the name of *removed*. I have been reporting him for months. While filing the report I include a link to the footage I uploaded. Other people have been reporting him months as well and I played him this morning and 4 hours ago. I don't understand. Over the last few months I must have send in approx 10 clips of him raging and nothing. 

    What if we made a Thread in this forum dedicated to posting recorded proof of cheating; will this help the community?

    Yup, I've been reporting that same rage aimbotter for weeks. I just ran into him again today.

    I applaud your efforts to record him cheating and sending in video evidence to EA

    Cheaters are running circles around EA's anti-cheat department.

    It's going to be a long year waiting for PlayStation 5 to come out in 2020. Seeing so many cheaters in EA's PC games has made me switch to console.

    [post edited - do not post inaccurate statements regarding EA's anticheat dept]
    What I find interesting; compelling actually is that I was just reprimanded for calling out that cheater. My post was deleted and I was subsequently thrown in to jail for. I understand accusing another player for cheating without providing proof is not cool; neither is sweeping majors issues like this under the rug. I provided video proof of this player breaking EA's ToS.

    Allow me to think out loud for a second. Maybe I am crazy, shouldn't these issues be brought to light, shouldn't the community be advised whats going on and who's doing it? We obviously know that the reporting system is broken. Calling out a cheater shouldn't result in a generic response to report the cheater in in Origin. The mods are directly representing EA and I would expect more from EA and them. Cheating is a problem and covering it up is just as equal. Maybe I am crazy, maybe I am pampered how other games handle cheaters. I dunno.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    JONxJITSU said:
    What I find interesting; compelling actually is that I was just reprimanded for calling out that cheater. 
    You mean name and shame,  Yes.

    JONxJITSU said:
    My post was deleted and I was subsequently thrown in to jail for. I understand accusing another player for cheating without providing proof is not cool; neither is sweeping majors issues like this under the rug. 
    Discussing moderation is a violation of the rules,  In addition to the 2x name and shame post you made in this very thread.

    JONxJITSU said:
    I provided video proof of this player breaking EA's ToS.
    And in doing so,  Violated the ToS yourself by harassing others  ( yes name and shame is a form of harassment ) 

    JONxJITSU said:

    Calling out a cheater shouldn't result in a generic response to report the cheater in in Origin. The mods are directly representing EA and I would expect more from EA and them. Cheating is a problem and covering it up is just as equal. Maybe I am crazy, maybe I am pampered how other games handle cheaters. I dunno.
    Calling out a cheater,  As above,  Is a violation of the forum rules and the EA Terms Of Service.

    If you cannot post within the confines of the forum guidelines,  That is,  The forum guidelines YOU AGREED to follow when you made your account here,  Then your ability to post will be revoked.

    Rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

    Abide by them upon your return.


    Thanks.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure this is a big reason many people switch from PC to console (I did). 
Sign In or Register to comment.