[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14177 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To be honest even if cheating is 100% eradicated,  I still wouldn't want crossplay enabled if I had a modern console and a game that had the option for it

You can only imagine how bad a game would be if a competitive pc player cross played with console users.

It would be a bloodbath.

I mean,  if the games being cross played were games like RPG games,  racing games like need for speed,  or other games like co op games,  it would fare better.

But in an FPS game,  Naw..   
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest even if cheating is 100% eradicated,  I still wouldn't want crossplay enabled if I had a modern console and a game that had the option for it

You can only imagine how bad a game would be if a competitive pc player cross played with console users.

It would be a bloodbath.

I mean,  if the games being cross played were games like RPG games,  racing games like need for speed,  or other games like co op games,  it would fare better.

But in an FPS game,  Naw..   

Mmm I wouldnt say bloodbath (cods aim assist for example is a bit overzelous) so it can curb some pc players but I dont believe it would work half as well on battlefields open maps.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    soupy48 said:
    I feel as though they have wanted to dump the PC part of  their business for a long time. :'(
    I have yet to find an announcement from EA that BF6 will be available on PC. Plenty of talk about PS5 and Xbox X, but not one word about PC.

Most game sites assume it will be available on PC...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14177 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    soupy48 said:
    I feel as though they have wanted to dump the PC part of  their business for a long time. :'(
    I have yet to find an announcement from EA that BF6 will be available on PC. Plenty of talk about PS5 and Xbox X, but not one word about PC.

Most game sites assume it will be available on PC...
    Slightly off topic here but I'll respond to this..

PC is always going to be a viable platform,  Both now and in years to come.

Plus most console hardware comes from the pc market,  e.g there are hints that next gen will have  ray tracing,  Yet we've had this tech for a while in software form on 3DS MAX using vray materials and the vray render engine and more recently using Nvidia iray in other modelling software ( e.g blender and daz3d )

Now we have realtime raytracing in games using DXR ( DirectX Raytracing ) and of course DLSS which improves game performance while minimizing quality loss.

Add to that,  I believe DICE is still partnered with Nvidia so I'm pretty sure the next bf game will expand on DXR and improve visuals more to make  even more immersive game worlds.

Its only starting to get interesting and with the nvidia 30xx series and next gen around the corner,  We'll really start seeing a boost in fidelity across all platforms.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
     It probably won't be long before developers give console players the option to disable crossplay with PC.l
    It's already an option iirc.
    Too bad that "for good reason" - "there's no company that does it."  Oh wait, he's wrong again?  OH, time for another infraction for me.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
     It probably won't be long before developers give console players the option to disable crossplay with PC.l
    Too bad that "for good reason" - "there's no company that does it."  Oh wait, he's wrong again?  OH, time for another infraction for me.
    discusssing infractions is discussing moderation, I would suggest not doing so unless you want to be infracted for it. You know this, which is why you posted about it, don't try to become a martyr.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What?   Did Carbonic give me an infraction?  No, he didn't, and I don't think he ever has, but I was predicting someone would step in for him...some people out there really don't like to be proven wrong...  See post above me for an example, and a muscle flex.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    To clarify, I didnt say ANYONE gave you an infraction, I told you that discussing them is discussing moderation and that is against the rules.  No muscle flex, muscle flex would be have been me infracting you for it, but hey, you know, sometimes people dont want to be given a heads up, obviously you don't, so in future I won't.
  • Carbonic
    1850 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 23
    Lol, what was wrong with the quote function :smiley:
    That someone begins doing it after I said that I don't know of any company that currently does it hardly proves me wrong.
    And yes it seems COD will begin messaging you if they ban someone you reported. I don't play that game so won't be able to see how it works out myself directly but I doubt it will be trouble-free both with the tech needed to do so but also for the reasons I already listed. Will be interesting to see if they stick with it and how it works out. 

Red_Label_Scotch said:
    What?   Did Carbonic give me an infraction?  No, he didn't, and I don't think he ever has, but I was predicting someone would step in for him...some people out there really don't like to be proven wrong...  See post above me for an example, and a muscle flex.

I've given you a warning 3 times before. This could easily be one because you changed the topic to be about your past and potential future forum infractions which you for some weird reason think people might give you if they are wrong - that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    I'd say why, but that would be discussing moderation.  You know we can't do that, I don't know why you're trying to get me to do so.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It would be nice if EA/DICE started matchmaking cheaters together in the same server. I'm sure cheaters will hate playing against each other. This will be hilarious and more effective than banning them.

I bet console players are getting pissed about all the PC cheaters invading their games in Modern Warfare. It probably won't be long before developers give console players the option to disable crossplay with PC.

I also like how Infinity Ward informs you if they ban the cheater you reported. Battlefield should have this too.
    I'd like to make a note on the statement here.  They do not say they matchmake cheaters together. Cheaters are banned. They matchmake suspected cheaters together. This will mean thats some of the good but clean players will have to play with cheaters (assuming some of the suspicions are correct and some false). It can actually be a bit of a turnoff for the good players I think. It would be interesting to see how they will make it possible for a certain good but clean player to get rid of the 'suspected' tag so that he can play in normal lobbys again... Will they even tell players they are suspected or will you just suddenly notice that you always end up playing against cheaters? I suspect no friends will want to join your game if you end up in that category no matter how clean you are.

When it comes to the telling back on reports I do not think they will mail you back the result of any report. My guess is that it will work similar to how BF1 did it in the beginning. Banned accounts are listed with names in game for everyone to see.
  • SirBobdk
    5223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since BFV have a "server browser" I cant see how matchmaking "cheaters" together can work, but I like the idea. I still believe the best way would be private servers like we used to have in the past. We cant trust EA to solve this problem. They have to give us the control back.
  • TFBisquit
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you opt for matchmaking the process starts. Ofcourse not if you connect manually. Would be funny to see those good players rage when they're put against equally skilled players, and things won't go as they're used to.
This discussion has been closed.