[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1797 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    *sigh*

You just did it again.
  • x_Sutex_x
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    x_Sutex_x said:
    I'm an old BF3/BF4 player, stopped playing BF4 for two years because of hackers, only just re-install that game. Which is why I paid the premium for a month two weeks ago to look at BF1 and BF5 and both are loaded with hackers. In BF5 could see something was a miss quickly, but confirmed with others in game let loose in chat fed up with the hacking going on, these players 'Squad/Tag' are well known to be hackers by lots of players!

Ive cancelled my Premium membership and will let the month run out. Clearly hacking is something Origin/Dice/EA will never deal with, hacking in Battlefield games is years old. Many a player has complained long and hard trying to get  Origin/Dice/EA to deal with it, and fix it!.

And there's always been simple fix. and its already inbuilt into all the games. And that's the statistics. You cant get 300 knife kills in a game, (as an example ) we all know that, so any statistics that shows a player to have high weird stats and especially a Squad/Tag group, should get the alarm bells going, and those players are banned removed from the game.

I pay to play fair and square, I don't pay to be cheated on by other players, given hacking/cheating is years old all I can say is, as a company Origin/Dice/EA are quite immoral, to allow this to happen for so long across all their Battlefield games to players who don't cheat and hack.

@Battlefield @EA_DICE
    As I wait for my subscription to end, was in game #BF5 players were sharing HACKING LINKS in chat have non effect screen image if you want? BF is a hack aim fest can't play as a sniper when machine guns shoot from distance coupled with AIMBOTS #Battlefield pic.twitter.com/eDYzxRn7K1

— sutex (@SutexGaming) October 14, 2019
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14638 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 2019
    @JONxJITSUxTWO
    And creating an alt to circumvent a suspension is only going to increase the suspension on your main.

don't do it.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Der_Benchmark
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here are 2 ideas how you could deal with cheaters.

1. new class "Referee" - only spectator mode

via in game votes players can complain about cheating, if there are for example more than 6 complains about cheating, random gamers can join this game as referee
    and have a look at the players and decide to ban players

2. in game votes

players can complain about cheating - if there are more than 6 complains, a in game vote decide to kick a player.
    if there are more than 3 kicks/day, player gets banned for 1 day, if ther are 5 bans, player gets perm banned.

What does the community think?

Greetings Benchmark

• warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm sure this is a big reason many people switch from PC to console (I did). 
    Ironically, it's also why some of those who own consoles decide to get a PC - because they want to cheat.
  • Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    All EA and Dice are concerned about is protecting the 20% of cheaters and scold the 80% that speak out. They have/will do nothing. Just look through this thread for proof. The only way this will be resolved is if we go elsewhere with our dollars.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14638 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Friendly reminder.

This is NOT the place to : 
    • Submit video evidence of cheating
    • Submit screenshot evidence of cheating
    • Calling users out
    • Linking to stats pages or any other means of outing a suspected cheater
    This is also NOT the place to : 
    • Spread speculation about the anticheat and whether or not they "care" about the issue
    • Discuss how we moderate the forum including the policies regarding swearing or naming and shaming.

ANY user violating the forum rules ( linked below ) will be reprimanded as necessary.

It is clearly stated in the OP 

EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom

Here are the forum rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

Please ensure you abide by them.

Thanks.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It amazes me that companies like EA stay in business. They really are the downside to American capitalism. EA is too big now, so they just pump out trash and steal money. This happens in pretty much every industry. The cheating problem just shows how arrogant EA is. They are basically saying they can sell you whatever trash they want and you will buy it and they will make a killing in the process.
  • alexandresmw
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know the problem, GREED, since the beggining of this game it was projected for micro transactions, but, don't blame de devs, i belive they do a great work, blame those executives at EA, money seens to be the only objective, not our FUN. I miss the time when games were made for enjoy people, now it's junt a slot machine...
  • x_Sutex_x
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    [Discussing moderation removed]
    The issue is not using the tools in game to report hackers, the issue is players having to keep doing it year after year, every time a Battlefield game is release. This proves Origin/EA/Dice are ignoring the problem and leaving it up the players to either put up with hacking or stop playing and hit the Report button, even if we do so. Does anyone know if any players has been banned?, I suspect those who post about hackers are thrown under the bus long before those sharing 'hacking links' in game via chat. It's clear to me, that the Battlefield games are a hack fest and the company has no intention whatsoever in fixing their game and allowing fair game play, as an anticheat would be in place by now. Remember hacking is years old within these games. [removed legal discussion]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @x_Sutex_x
    Discussing moderation is not permitted,  neither is legal discussion.

I have edited your post to remove those references,  Further references of discussing moderation and / or legal discussion will result in a Major infraction.
  • x_Sutex_x
    edited October 2019
    [further discussing moderation]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    @x_Sutex_x
    You have continued and as a result,  Your post has been removed.

Please abide by the forum rules  : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest
  • GVlXxf
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Mayday-IG said:
    All EA and Dice are concerned about is protecting the 20% of cheaters and scold the 80% that speak out. They have/will do nothing. Just look through this thread for proof. The only way this will be resolved is if we go elsewhere with our dollars.
    i can tell u,if they are really wanting to ban cheaters that already in the game, up to 50/60% is cheating , however, ever only 1% players didn't cheat, it's still worth to ban cheaters all, as a good game always have fan and new players come to there, cheating players can give u money as they like to spend on VC as they enjoy the game much than normal players, but it is a company like EA make profits from that manner? is it a company 's prospective? who will join this company for career? that why competitive market is always good, bad company kick out, and a good company keep survive and make profit , EA should be the former in term of BFV  

here is a link of official PUBG , talking about how they treat cheating issue, can we find the same video from EA on BFV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF_54XYywI
  • zerweast
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if cheating tools have malware in them. Im sure it needs admin password. Hopefully steal their credit card or melt gpu. 

Its amazing the money and dedication the cheaters have to keep cheating. Maybe its like a fetish thing, they need to cheat to get off.
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf said:
    Mayday-IG said:
    i can tell u,if they are really wanting to ban cheaters that already in the game, up to 50/60% is cheating , however, ever only 1% players didn't cheat, it's still worth to ban cheaters all, as a good game always have fan and new players come to there, cheating players can give u money as they like to spend on VC as they enjoy the game much than normal players, but it is a company like EA make profits from that manner? is it a company 's prospective? who will join this company for career? that why competitive market is always good, bad company kick out, and a good company keep survive and make profit , EA should be the former in term of BFV  

here is a link of official PUBG , talking about how they treat cheating issue, can we find the same video from EA on BFV?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozF_54XYywI
    The cheaters laugh their balls out of the pants because a millions company like EA can't beat them
  • SlowFatWombat
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom
    Make a program or buy a program that stops this crap happening, have an updated FairFight and PunkBuster program, let people be admins and then they can ban them or let the community have private servers so then admins can ban and record actually hackers, so then you can ban them, not their account but their IP or something. This game has been out for nearly a year, and you are asking the community, the players, what we think about the cheating. Their is so much evidence that this ISSUE should have been resolved in the first update, or DLC. 
  • IxSpaceJamxI
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yea ps4 is full of cheaters some never die have pcs instant kill and god mod
  • IxSpaceJamxI
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    There not banning anybody this trend is a hoax cause I see more cheaters then ever after this summer on console with wall hacks as well. A person yesterday I knifed left his body and went invisible when I knifed them I I recorded that but yall only alow a pic size showing on the reports same as people eating 3-4 bullets from a ZH-29.
  • UnPh4ZeD
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been submitting video evidence in my reports and I can say that the cheaters are being banned. The turn around time isn't ideal but it's better than nothing. I also tweet them at Jaqub Ajmal so he can forward from his end. Having to spectate for 5 - 10 mins is annoying but so is having your game ruined everytime one of these people join.
This discussion has been closed.