Weekly Debrief

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seriously thou, why cant BF5 stop cheaters?
  • warslag
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 18
    Players should be the ones who decide what defines how successful an anti-cheat really is.

1 kill using a cheat must constitute a complete failure to protect players from cheating.

Sanctions should be automatically placed on game producers where thresholds of acceptable levels of cheating are crossed.

If cheating directly results in more than 500 kills across the entire player base and all platforms then the game should be withdrawn from sale and warnings placed on it to alert customers to the failure of the game producers to protect their customers from hacking.
    Post edited by warslag on
  • TheFightin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried 3 different servers to play at least a full game today.  Couldn't happen.  It's travesty that this issue has been around for months, and has been completely ignored by the publisher, developer, youtubers.  Then there's moderators on here literally trolling the subject. 
  • PL4INWALKER
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is becoming shameful. This game is ruined with all this cheating. 
  • zerweast
    Yea, there should be a disclaimer before and during purchase. "Diminished fun experience due to cheaters on most servers" Thank you and please go to purchase screen.
  • STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    Players should be the ones who decide what defines how successful an anti-cheat really is.

1 kill using a cheat must constitute a complete failure to protect players from cheating.

Sanctions should be automatically placed on game producers where thresholds of acceptable levels of cheating are crossed.

If cheating directly results in more than 500 kills across the entire player base and all platforms then the game should be withdrawn from sale and warnings placed on it to alert customers to the failure of the game producers to protect their customers from hacking.
    We for sure need some serious regulation in the gaming industry, as well as social media. These companies are pushing to not be regulated at all, but they are basically stealing millions from customers through lies.
  • WagaKinguCrimson
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Trial Player here
    Just curious why the cheater problem is going so rampant on PC right now.
    Asian servers suffer the most, as almost every server I joined got at least 1 blatant hacker going full aimbot and headshotting everyone on his sight.
    Reporting doesn't seem to work either as some hackers claim they've been using injection since launch and there is no ban so far.

Is Fairfight somehow currently disabled on PC?
  • TFBisquit
    1714 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fairfight is an observing stats ac. So with just 3d spotting you will stay under the radar. You will just be considered a good player.
    This is how most of them do it.
    Having said that, you can follow some of those aimbotters and notice their battle reports stop on a given date. Maybe they became bored, maybe they're banned.
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just came off a clean round!

I was playing with randoms, but at least the squad leader was responsive and giving orders.

You know what? It was great fun! I didn't do that well, but it was enjoyable - exactly the reason that I have stayed so loyal to Battlefield since BF2. With all that said, my patience is starting to wear a bit thin - EVERY other server I've joined today has had at least one blatant botter going at it hammer and tongs. On one server I joined, there was a scout who went 103-1. Many of the players on my friends list have stopped playing (hence the random squad mentioned above) for this reason.

Either BFV needs a properly working anti-cheat, or private games (and any RSP) simply must give the community the tools to properly manage their games. Anything else will be too little too late.

• NN_Buzz12
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think private servers will only force the cheaters to be cautious. That way they can continue playing but be above average “good” players.

How can the rampant cheating not make me think otherwise?
  • SpoolaZ
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    In terms of business, Fairfight is pretty genial, if it manages to tame the remaining rage hackers to play with more normal results like 36-6 and such. All cheaters will suddenly disappear and everyone will be happy for a cheat-free game.
    That's how FF interprets a cheat-free game. Therefore, it should not be to difficult to make an AC program that captures the small crowd of cheaters who rage. Then they have managed to create a game that looks cheat-free at first glance, but in reality is built up by a self-deception.

• PL4INWALKER
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 20
    [removed due to legal discussion]
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13284 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @PL4INWALKER

Legal Discussions are not permitted.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines#latest

--
    EA Forum Rules & Guidelines

Our forum moderators monitor posts. Posts that break the rules and guidelines may be removed. Breaking the rules can also result in sanctions or bans being applied to the forum account on a case by case basis.

Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    • Make legal threats. The forums aren't the ideal place for legal discussions and posts including legal chat will be removed.
    --

Post removed.
  • r_aquarii
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    does EA ever ban cheater reported by player??
  • LEGIJAS_YT
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    last times i played against so many cheaters was in Counter Strike Source. Wallhack everywhere!
  • Manoque77
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Today alone, I que 5 servers all of them got blatant aimbot headshot cheaters. This is in ASIA servers. 5 servers in ROW AND ALL GOT CHEATERS! Even in one of the game, not enough players, still got cheaters.

I am not sure this is just ASIA region or what. Some of these cheaters even manage to get level 70+. How is reporting working if they can get that high cheating?

Maybe Activision is paying these cheaters to ruin Asia server players experience. Guess what, it is working. With COD (poor man micro-transaction infested version of BF) coming, I'm thinking of switching just to avoid facing this day in and day out. Never played COD game and been playing BF since BF3 and this recent cheating no action feedback have taken a toll. Either put in proper anti cheat or give /voteban or /votekick. Something needs to happen.

I wish we have any form of solid feedback but alas, none so far. Well, like I said, if by the time COD comes out and we still no feedback, I probably be spending time there (I hate COD micro-transaction) just to get the hell out of this mess.
  • zerweast
    I reached my capitulation point too. I think cod can fill the slow shooter space nicely. I hope they pay more attention to cheaters. Even if there are less maps. The main problem here is cheaters, every server. I think BF5 looks good, but whats the point of constantly getting killed by cheater
  • STOPchris
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    In terms of business, Fairfight is pretty genial, if it manages to tame the remaining rage hackers to play with more normal results like 36-6 and such. All cheaters will suddenly disappear and everyone will be happy for a cheat-free game.
    That's how FF interprets a cheat-free game. Therefore, it should not be to difficult to make an AC program that captures the small crowd of cheaters who rage. Then they have managed to create a game that looks cheat-free at first glance, but in reality is built up by a self-deception.

The thing is, this is exactly what it looks like EA was after. AND, like pretty much every attempt that EA makes to pull the wool over everyone's eyes, the community is much smarter than EA thinks and they find out what's going on. If EA were just honest, then there wouldn't be as big of a problem. However, EA tries to manipulate, lie and deceive and ALWAYS get caught. 
  • VincentNZ
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well BFV has a low entry barrier. It is like 4€ for one month and we also have the free month. Naturally this will increase the number of players and the numbers of cheaters. Plus, of course the nature of people in Asia playing in Internet Cafes and where cheating is less frowned upon.
    The Anti-Cheat is active as ever, you see it more since there are no actively admined servers that would kick suspicious players, so that is where the game experience diverges from the actual number.