[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• JONxJITSU
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did a check today to see that players who were blatantly cheating & not hiding the fact over a month ago still have active accounts!

Is the DICE anti cheat department on holiday ? Does it exist at all ? Must admit I have serious doubts into it's validity currently.
    FairFight's cheat detection is terrible; it basically doesn't get updated from what I have seen.  I believe in-game reports are not looked in to as well. I don't know this for a fact, I am just assuming because I keep running in to the same blatant cheaters for the last few months. As a test I have a cheater on my friends list. I spectate the cheater for one game everyday who drops 60-1 bombs; record his game play and submit it when I make a report. I've been doing it for the last month and he's still playing. So, it's fair to say that the FairFight is on vacation.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13630 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    JONxJITSU said:
    As a test I have a cheater on my friends list. I spectate the cheater for one game everyday who drops 60-1 bombs; record his game play and submit it when I make a report. I've been doing it for the last month and he's still playing. 
    To be fair,  And I don't want to be "that guy"..  But going 60-1 in a plane is not impossible.

I have seen bombers pre-patch go 130+ kills to like 2 or 3 deaths in a round and they weren't cheating.
  • JONxJITSU
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ Yeah true. Good pilots can be gods. I just realised...my bad when I said "bombs" I was using it as slang not literal, more like figuratively speaking. As like, "he is so devastating he dropped a bomb on the opposing team". 
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's seems to me there are more cheaters and hackers with the release of the new content. These are new accounts. I have never seen their names before in the game but are quite blatantly cheating. Reported them but there is no action against them. What is the point when you have no transparent process to the players that report these cheaters and no feedback and no outcome. It's just makes me want to quit playing altogether. 
  • OftenShot
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    New EA/ DICE survey out let your feelings be known!

• OskooI_007
    1078 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    warslag wrote: »
    There's an article on Dexerto about a 'pro gamer' who made a living playing Fortnite, but who has now been permanently banned for cheating using an aimbot. The Dexerto article also has a YouTube video of the cheat pleading to be unbanned and making a complete fool of themselves in the process.

https://www.dexerto.com/fortnite/faze-clan-pro-jarvis-permanently-banned-on-fortnite-1211480

Professional Fortnite cheater crying his eyes out on YouTube. :smile:
  • warslag
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    warslag wrote: »
    There's an article on Dexerto about a 'pro gamer' who made a living playing Fortnite, but who has now been permanently banned for cheating using an aimbot. The Dexerto article also has a YouTube video of the cheat pleading to be unbanned and making a complete fool of themselves in the process.

https://www.dexerto.com/fortnite/faze-clan-pro-jarvis-permanently-banned-on-fortnite-1211480

Professional Fortnite cheater crying his eyes out on YouTube. :smile:
    Crying on YouTube to get unbanned is just so low.  :D
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ironically, I actually enjoy the game a lot. The tank spam on breakthrough is terrible (literally a tank sitting on a hill farming kills where no one can kill it). Otherwise the game is enjoyable, maps are average to good, gunplay good. Cheating and fishy players is one out of control thing about the game currently.
  • MrCamp121
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    To be fair,  And I don't want to be "that guy"..  But going 60-1 in a plane is not impossible.

I have seen bombers pre-patch go 130+ kills to like 2 or 3 deaths in a round and they weren't cheating.

" bombs" isnt in reference to planes in his quote. Hes referencing insane rounds
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13630 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)

" bombs" isnt in reference to planes in his quote. Hes referencing insane rounds
    Yeah I know,  He clarified afterwards
  • neoescundo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad I did not purchase the game and only subscribed for the Basic access. Joined 3 days ago to play BFV and there were so many hackers in the servers. I cancelled my access right away lol.

• tadrob_9
    postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it. Any feedback you may have can be posted in this thread. When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article: 
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Thank you,

-Tom
    I don't think the question is what we think about it and about our thoughts. Question is - What you as a developers CAN do about it. You sit behind the table and code stuff... You don't go with such problems to the forum and ask the players. You gather your people and you get stuff done... 
  • JONxJITSU
    @pvtJohnTowle Transparently is an issue for sure. For the people who what to have a better scope or understanding of the how bad the cheating issue is, there is a simple formula to follow. Note, I am not calling anyone one a cheater on this list. per say; but it's something notice. This method really only pertains to the more blatant players. 
    - Go on to battlefield tracker and check out the Damage per min leader board. (using this as an example since this is what FF looks in to apparently)
    - Next, pay attention to the amount of rounds played, only focus on the lower numbers; anything below 300.
    - Now just select a few random players, and lets see if we can find some things in common. (you might find players that you may have played against) 
    - First look at their kills and deaths. chances are the ratio is 10,000 kills for every 1,000 deaths.
    - Next thing is to check is their Lifetime playtime. It's probably under a few days.
    - You will see a "weapons" tab click that. Which gun is it...probably a Lewis gun right.
    - Copy that user name and post it in to Youtube. Chances are a community member uploaded game play footage of them, pay attention of when the video was uploaded. Watch the video and see what you find.
    - Lastly if you go back on to the BF tracker and now select "Game reports". You can see how recently they have played, how long they have been using their cheats and how many games they have ruined. 

In conclusion. These new players coming in to the game are absolutely amazing and the Lewis gun is OP and needs a nerf.

Pretty upsetting right. This was just an example for the blatant players out there. Now Imagine the number of  "Legit Hackers" out there? 

• BassMan_PC
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I did the survey and I was not kind.  I let them know how I felt about the cheating and how they are doing nothing.
  • NeeeverMind
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol i dont know if the moderator is stupid aswell
  • SlaughterIDCT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PLS BAN THEM ALL , FULL ACCOUNT BAN - this game is not playable any more. I got in every game cheaters with 82 to 0 KD . This is not possible by playing assault on this maps. That destroys Battlefield.
  • warslag
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Take a look at this... this is hilarious. 
    I was going to report this post for advertising cheats. But none of the reasons for reporting cover cheating. Why isn't that website taken down yet anyway? It's been around for years now. How can EA seriously claim to be on the side of the people who play its games when it allows that to exist?
  • PL4INWALKER
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag said:
    I was going to report this post for advertising cheats. But none of the reasons for reporting cover cheating. Why isn't that website taken down yet anyway? It's been around for years now. How can EA seriously claim to be on the side of the people who play its games when it allows that to exist?
    That's exactly why I posted it. Cheating is starting to be a big money business, dignified to the point where websites actively sell and proclaim their cheating technology as a great solution to ruin games. And the main problem is that **** fools that seek out cheats, actually buy this software that God-knows-what maybe carries malware and other malicious software on to their computers. Pure idiocy!
  • Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do I never see cheats in Fortnite, hardly ever see them in CSGO either (I'm not global mind you)? They aren't prevalent in Apex legends in the US, or PUBG in the US. The only game where I consistently see rage hacking is battlefield. What is the problem here? Why not install Easy Anti-Cheat?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited November 2019
    Nope nope nope not allowed.

In fact linking to cheat websites has earned you some time away.

The logic in complaining about cheating and then literally linking a cheat website in your complaint is astounding.