[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• ChazB1987
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't been on lately,  plus no squad at times. If there is no cheats, I may go back on then.
  • MrCamp121
    830 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    I have not seen any cheats used the past few weeks.

Having a laugh or trolling? I see em almost daily, if not multiple times per day
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    Got stopped by one after about 3hrs into a session just now.

Think he started raging after we blasted through 4 sites on iwo jima 
  • zeroexdeadbeef
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just 2 pence worth of thoughts here 

bring back vote kick but make it so only spectators can start it 

then community who likes to watch can spot and start procedings to start getting the scum bags banned 

personly posted vids of multiple hackers on my yt channel might even start a entire new channel just for it to highlight the problem further

• ConVer2
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just bought BFV two days ago, and it didn't require much time to notice cheaters(hackers) are playing this game too. The last series of battle field I played is BF4 and it's really a shame that almost all servers I joined were occupied with those illegal players because game itself is amazing and pretty fun to play.

What I want to say is having those players banned "WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING THE GAME".

Personally, I do think the real problem that we are having is not "hackers can play the game" but "hackers can keep playing the game for a while". I understand that EA've made a quite effort to fix this problem, but it's actually not fixed yet. All we need right now is not new anti-cheat tool but immediate and effective counter measures offered by EA. So, how about assigning a dozen people as surveillance so you can deal with them ASAP. (If there is a player who killed too many, then having those surveillance check.)
    The reason why hackers can make back after getting banned is just because they are playing from internet cafes mostly in China. So, checking the players if they are hackers or not should be conducted ASAP. (checking players after finished playing is meaningless because they've already left the cafes)

Bringing back the vote kick would be effective as much as my idea, it can getting hackers out of game "WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING"
  • STOPchris
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    wasp9166 said:
    are there not cheaters in cod?   pretty much why i stopped building and pc gaming back in the day 
    I've probably come across a couple... Maybe. Not sure if I really like playing against console players with their aim assist, but I don't think it really matters. Every game I play, the console players are still doing pretty bad with their aim assist. Yeah, have to say, cheating is worse in BF so far. 

I really do believe that Call of Duty this time is better for small game modes. Also, so far not nearly as many cheaters. 
  • STOPchris
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    And as alwaysit has been shown that the WORST
    cheaters are soft .....
    Those who "seem" good players ....
    but if you tease them a little more ...
    raise the level and take revenge .....
    and these days it is full ....
    There are very few exaggerated ones.
    But soft increase ...

Do you have some more of that??? You know? Whatever you took...
  • TFBisquit
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's pretty easy to report. Just have origin ingame activated and report through the scoreboard.
    Not that it'll help, obvious cheaters go on for months without repercussions. Then some are banned also. All in all this game is easily cheated, regardless of people getting caught.
    Anyway, a game infested with cheaters is not something I will spend any more money on. I play some tow events, some rounds and call it a day. Stats doesn't matter either since there are plenty out of character assignments that get you killed more than you wanted.
    It is what it is. But do report, even if it doesn't seem to matter.

• ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackhawk said:
    With all due respect, it seems reporting via Origin is a complete waste of time and ineffectual. It's like pressing one of those buttons on a crosswalk that does nothing, but gives you the facade of being in control.
    With all due respect likewise,  Those are the options we have and those are the options we must use in order to submit reports
    And we are here to let the devs know that these options are trash.
    That it is even possible for cheaters to go 120-0 in several games i a row on multiple servers for months is reason enough to suggest that these "options" are not working.
    i miss the times when ppl who tried to cheat got instantly banned while toggling.
    but thats to much work and the devs had to actually care... so nothing to do here
  • PrOdyh
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    When you see, users with chinesse names and latency 150/180 in european servers. You know EA/DICE look for another side.

I don't think you have to say anything else.

• GVlXxf
    454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    do guys know there was an auto cross hair aiming cheat, most of cheaters is using that,  when u is using close aim, u see at the same time, they are aiming correctly on u, that why i figure out it . then in BFV, i can see, there were many cheating option, from plane control( never lose speed in high air or slow down that keep them in the air level even they should not be). i never see a game can be have many cheat engine option like this game.

however , as i said before, the game is great, but cheating issue do make the game worst. 
  • PrOdyh
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GVlXxf said:
    do guys know there was an auto cross hair aiming cheat, most of cheaters is using that,  when u is using close aim, u see at the same time, they are aiming correctly on u, that why i figure out it . then in BFV, i can see, there were many cheating option, from plane control( never lose speed in high air or slow down that keep them in the air level even they should not be). i never see a game can be have many cheat engine option like this game.

however , as i said before, the game is great, but cheating issue do make the game worst. 

Cheater its a bussiness for EA/DICE. 

• Eszencia
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reporting hackers with proper youtube vid links will get the cheater banned, 100%, period.

It does, however, take anywhere between 2-5 business days for the player to be banned, as the case manager needs to do their reviews.

Use the following format when you're submitting a report:

Name:
    Platform: PC/PS4/XBOX
    Type of hack: Aimbot,wallhack,damage mod
    Date: DD/MM/YYYY
    Link to BFV stats: (Find offending player under https://battlefieldtracker.com/)
    Link to video evidence: (Usually YouTube or third party video site)

I am part of a website wiki team that records/report/lists all the hackers/cheaters banned so far on the Australian servers. I also run a youtube channel that presents the evidence of said hacker/cheater.

EVERYONE that I have recorded and reported have been banned.

You will know that a hacker/cheater is banned when they stop generating GAME SESSIONS via https://battlefieldtracker.com
    Usually their game sessions stop around 2-5 business days of you reporting with vid links.
    This means they're banned.

DICE "not doing anything" about the reports is absolutely FALSE. It's just that there's no video evidence at all to go off.
  • PrOdyh
    edited November 2019
    There are cheats that know how not to be detected since they are not so shameless. In addition, BFV does not use any known anti-hack (Easyanticheat / Battleye) scanning the memory to search for third-party programs in RAM that is where most of these hacks are run.

Which your comment is totally invalid.
  • CrazyJoes
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    About to quit this game due to all the hacks. just played 2 rounds with a player that was clearly using a aimbot, esp, wall hacking, yes we reported this player many times during the game. he went both rounds 76-2 those 2 deaths were from tank rounds killing him apart from that no one could kill this guy! 

2 days ago I had a player go 162 - 5  while the next closest player was 10-8 and on our team 5-15 it was crazy a real one man show

The reporting system needs to kick players and lock their accounts after 10 reports and not unlocked until EA  clears their name! by looking at their stats playing habits video if available and so on  

Something needs to be done to fix this

In the paper the other day ONE gaming company had the GUTS to BAN a player for life for using hacks. Now that's a company I'll spend my $$ on in the future if they have a game I want to play

EA Never again until they get REALLY REALLY TOUGH on kicking and Banning hackers that are ruining this game  

• Bryjo3
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    Got stopped by one after about 3hrs into a session just now.

Think he started raging after we blasted through 4 sites on iwo jima 
    Honestly, it seemed pretty good for a while. Like I think they get bored and maybe they came back with the new content update, maybe free weekends contribute as well. Seems worse than it ever has with Pacific. I typically see some really good players, but it's obvious there are some blatant ones now. Typically if they aren't raging I don't care though. Subtle cheats like walls are just not very effective in this type of game.
  • Camarao_du_mont
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If someone would google BF hacks you would notice that there are dozens 5star rating sites selling hacks for BF V.

That can only mean its really easy to make hacks for it.
    And if people on the anti-hacking team not smart enough to buy the hacks so they could make countermeasures for those ways of hacking the game… maybe they should find a different job.

Hacking if not handled it will cut the game profit, because every time your players encounter a cheater they will be progressively less likely to spend or keep spending money in the game.

I bet all the blame resides in the publisher. Their board members must be all former marketing suits, and no Product development or customer care guys. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13622 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If someone would google BF hacks you would notice that there are dozens 5star rating sites selling hacks for BF V.

It's a search engine,  Much like if you searched for Fortnite hacks you would also find dozens of sites selling cheats for that game.

• NN_Buzz12
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    It's a search engine,  Much like if you searched for Fortnite hacks you would also find dozens of sites selling cheats for that game.

But we’re talking about BFV here.
  • G3Twintown
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But Fortnite has 250 Million Players..