[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• MrCamp121
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eszencia wrote: »
    Reporting hackers with proper youtube vid links will get the cheater banned, 100%, period.

It does, however, take anywhere between 2-5 business days for the player to be banned, as the case manager needs to do their reviews.

Use the following format when you're submitting a report:

Name:
    Platform: PC/PS4/XBOX
    Type of hack: Aimbot,wallhack,damage mod
    Date: DD/MM/YYYY
    Link to BFV stats: (Find offending player under https://battlefieldtracker.com/)
    Link to video evidence: (Usually YouTube or third party video site)

I am part of a website wiki team that records/report/lists all the hackers/cheaters banned so far on the Australian servers. I also run a youtube channel that presents the evidence of said hacker/cheater.

EVERYONE that I have recorded and reported have been banned.

You will know that a hacker/cheater is banned when they stop generating GAME SESSIONS via https://battlefieldtracker.com
    Usually their game sessions stop around 2-5 business days of you reporting with vid links.
    This means they're banned.

DICE "not doing anything" about the reports is absolutely FALSE. It's just that there's no video evidence at all to go off.

Because its OUR job to act as the anti cheat? Wait i thought i was there to play and not spend my time watching others? I have twitch for that. I shouldnt have to sacrifice my fun time for this. This is what an actual anti cheat is for....
  • enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eszencia wrote: »
    Reporting hackers with proper youtube vid links will get the cheater banned, 100%, period.

It does, however, take anywhere between 2-5 business days for the player to be banned, as the case manager needs to do their reviews.

Name:
    Link to BFV stats: (Find offending player under https://battlefieldtracker.com/)

I am part of a website wiki team that records/report/lists all the hackers/cheaters banned so far on the Australian servers. I also run a youtube channel that presents the evidence of said hacker/cheater.

You will know that a hacker/cheater is banned when they stop generating GAME SESSIONS via https://battlefieldtracker.com
    Usually their game sessions stop around 2-5 business days of you reporting with vid links.

DICE "not doing anything" about the reports is absolutely FALSE. It's just that there's no video evidence at all to go off.

There are too many accounts with not doable stats that are still playing. No need for videoproof to be banned.
  • frankzappaVT
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eszencia said:

Name:

can someone show me an example of Blatant cheating on ps4? I am new to the platform and trying to catch up amnd learn.

• Housbinfharteen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This Game is lost; Dice didnt show any Action to solve the massive Cheaterproblem. They took the Money and have no Intention to fix anything, 1 Year for new Fractions shows how intrested they are to invest Time for this Game. Service at the Game was the most ridiculous Announcement they ever made. Even privat Servers are not possible so Cheaters could be kicked ...  The Majority of the normal Gamers paid a Full Prize for this Game and were abandoned to a not functional Anti -Cheatsystem. Thanks for that , i will have this in Mind if  there will be a BF 6...
    The Greed of Dice will be their Doom ...

• LEGIJAS_CCCC
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    So that means no active anti-cheat. Dead game before its even launched. Lets just talk about the Cheaters here and thats it.
    on [removed] u can see a list of suspected players where they show the Headshots-to-kills Frequency. Why they can't check daily this list and ban many of these people (first these that have over 95% headshots)... no they
    just cheat over months and months

• TheRealFoe
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was on firestorm yesterday , went in as a single player ,just outside of halvadeerr .. shot up a flare in halvbadeerr and seen targets  at a distance so I ran .. top speed I was going away from them , but as a was unsuccessfully dodging  from bullets they seemed to have closed the distance on me somehow as if they can run faster than me .. Anyway they killed me and it was the usual suspects , a mixed tag clan  of the worst of the firestorm non legit players . I watched them pull of some really interesting bloodhound slaughter ,running  straight to victims  and killing all squads without taking a breath except to teabag some of the victims. all the while one of the guys was switching main and secondary by the second  like a ticking clock.   There  was one cheating clan ,now it seems they just broke down in to smaller clans under the same fake umbrella of  the kingdom of stupid. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13721 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @LEGIJAS_YT
    You cannot link third party community run anticheat websites here.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eszencia said:

Name:

Looked up you wiki - nice!
  • BassMan_PC
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Eszencia said:

Name:

That is demanding a lot from a user.  It is EA/DICE's responsibility to provide a hacker/cheater free environment and to police the game.  They are the ones that should be doing the digging and not be putting the burden on the victims.  All it takes is a quick look up of someone's tracker stats and you can tell if someone is a blatant cheater.  EA is doing nothing from my experience and it is so frustrating.  Video evidence should only be needed for the less obvious hackers.
  • TheRealFoe
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    put markers under the map saying if you can see this your a ban waiting to happen
  • DigitalHype
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    GenCuster said:
    And as alwaysit has been shown that the WORST
    cheaters are soft .....
    Those who "seem" good players ....
    but if you tease them a little more ...
    raise the level and take revenge .....
    and these days it is full ....
    There are very few exaggerated ones.
    But soft increase ...

Do you have some more of that??? You know? Whatever you took...
    I think its obvious the poster isn't a native English, speaker. What they are describing as "soft" cheaters is what we more commonly refer to is "closet" cheater. For example, a skilled player who limits their use of cheats to ESP/wallhack and is careful about not tracking targets. Or who uses things like softlock, sticky aim and toggles.
  • SirBobdk
    4715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I don't blame EA or DICE or any other game dev though, I blame the players that are completely inept at even playing the game legitimately without any kind of assist.
    Partly agree, but Dice has chosen FF as AC, which has proven to be useless a long time ago. They could have made a different and better choice, but nothing has been done. Nor have they communicated any future solution. They deserve to be blamed imo.

• G3Twintown
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    LET us open a thread where we can maybe SEND the gameplay how somebody is using aimbot or wallhack and BAN them IMMEDIATELY
    Nope,  The megathread is serving it's purpose as it is intended.

You know what, I'm done with this Franchise.
    I started with BF2.
    The worst part is not even the cheaters, its DICE and EA not really adressing the issue.
  • NN_Buzz12
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the revenue lost is great enough the next game might have a competent management team. Implementing an anti cheat worthy of the customers real dollars is the only way to get another buck out of me.

EA holds sole blame for this lemon. They had to know this was going to fail but green lighted release. The incompetence is beyond belief.
  • NN_Buzz12
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    (Quote)
    What is EA/DICE's response to the plethora of their customer's feedback stating that what they are doing isn't sufficent? Silence.

EA will never provide an official response. Only responsible companies with morals, ethics and values would do such a thing. If they do, some lowbe will need to fall on a sword while parachutes are handed to the real culprits.

I got a mega-thread for my $80 dollars.
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HOWWWWW is it possible that i met 1 minute ago the same AIMBOTER that i met 2 weeks ago.... 60 level +. when will the new Anti cheat system come? VAC for cs 1.6 was better than Fairfight....  HORRRIBLE JUST HORRIBLE. 
    VAC isn't an instantaneous ban,  Just like punkbuster,  Bans on VAC are given out during waves IIRC.
    Yeah VAC is just a blacklist, reviewers get demos from reported cases and give a verdict. In 1.6 times you had to make a demo, get the steam ID via console and send it to a site i wont name, but that worked too. But even better, there was HLguard, a nice working anticheat that detected scripts and engine based cheats and instantly banned everyone who tried to cheat. something like that would be helpful.
    The part i dont understand is why the game got an anticheat that cant even detect a blatant aimbotter. i get that player who try to hide their cheats are hard to catch, but if every player on the server can see someone is cheating and the anticheat cant, it is in fact a useless anticheat.

• OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find it quite ironic that EA made a big fuss about clamping down on toxicity in games recently. Hackusations and cheaters mocking legit players is the main cause for the majority of it.

• Ssiquoya
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @EA_Tom,

In your opening statement you said:

"Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating."

Why not? For such a big issue in one of your headliner games, why isn't the anti-cheat team more engaged with the community? This layer of insulation you have doesn't feel like it is as productive as it could be in resolving the cheating epidemic. As players, the only thing we see when logging in to play is the problem getting worse and worse. Do you even have an anti-cheat team? Doesn't seem like it. You're not showing us anything progressive on this issue.

The only thing I see is a lot of other people, like myself, who regret spending the money we have to play a game we use to enjoy. This thread, being at the top of the forum list, and so popular is evidence of that. Like many others, once the subscription runs out, I won't be back. 
  • TheRealFoe
    put Fu fighter bots under the map that  annihilate people accidently shooting at them..