[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• G3Twintown
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who started playing online in '99 with Quake 3 Arena and later Quake Live this here still blows my mind.
    I mean the process to catch a cheater. You have to write down the server number, disconnect, look for the server number in an ocean of servernumbers, reconnect - I mean this can't be real or?
    Then we have to record a movie, which can easily reach some gigabytes and stresses the cpu. And then you have to upload this crap or cut it in your "homestudio" to accelerate the process of uploading.
    Is this Comedey Central?

In Quake it was like this:
    You can hop from player to spectator in a second.
    There was a demo tool in the game and even autorecord - client and serverside. So both parties have the demo.
    A match of lets say 30 Minutes is about a megabyte. You could rewatch it later within the game or external tools or capture to avi.

This was 1999.

• DigiOrca
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cheating everywhere..... this is BF now... and the next franchise... BFBC aka Battlefield Bad Cheater.... right now the server inside apac region are cheater.. soon will the cheater fill all the 64 player..... and the battle for No1 aimboter,wallhack,etc... is begun so BFBC confirm?
  • zeroexdeadbeef
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well i was doing research in the to the technology they use to hack and cheat ....
    it turns out fairfight does work(the cheat device i looked at got detected instantly and banned me) and to boot did not even look like it did not even work

so take heeed fairfight does exist and to a extent does work

dont be a zeroexdeadbeef

• ForceAwakened
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If anyone is reading this still...
    I reported a Cheat with the github code about 8 months ago at least over @EAGaming Discord.
    So with source code and all you still couldn't find a way to ban them.

The cheat was updated 14 days ago, in line with update 5.0.
    Sooooo may the gods be with you and the AC currently in development for Frostbyte 2022.
  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ran into a hacker tonight that said he bought 100 accounts for 10 cents each lol
  • sniperwolfpk5
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not understand why the hell there is no vote kick option. Last week I quit playing BF v. As there is a cheater in every single server.I left go to another and there is a cheater I left and go to another server and there is a cheater. What the hell is going on
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    didn't see any official response on this topic, what is going on? although it's raised form a moderator,  no any response after  that..... or it just.......
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2048 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Ran into a hacker tonight that said he bought 100 accounts for 10 cents each lol

Pretty hypocritical coming from a guy formerly known as bran0001.
  • BassMan_PC
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HOWWWWW is it possible that i met 1 minute ago the same AIMBOTER that i met 2 weeks ago.... 60 level +. when will the new Anti cheat system come? VAC for cs 1.6 was better than Fairfight....  HORRRIBLE JUST HORRIBLE. 
    VAC isn't an instantaneous ban,  Just like punkbuster,  Bans on VAC are given out during waves IIRC.
    Yeah VAC is just a blacklist, reviewers get demos from reported cases and give a verdict. In 1.6 times you had to make a demo, get the steam ID via console and send it to a site i wont name, but that worked too. But even better, there was HLguard, a nice working anticheat that detected scripts and engine based cheats and instantly banned everyone who tried to cheat. something like that would be helpful.
    The part i dont understand is why the game got an anticheat that cant even detect a blatant aimbotter. i get that player who try to hide their cheats are hard to catch, but if every player on the server can see someone is cheating and the anticheat cant, it is in fact a useless anticheat.

That is the real slap in the face right there.  It is so obvious to the other players playing and the stats on the cheater's tracker page are so obvious, yet the cheaters just keep on ruining the game for legit players.  Absolutely pathetic. 
  • KrullBorg
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    thanks dice: every day the system works better and better
  • SirBobdk
    4282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    thanks dice: every day the system works better and better
    You mean from the cheaters point of view ???
  • ColesFlexili
    169 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do not understand why the hell there is no vote kick option. Last week I quit playing BF v. As there is a cheater in every single server.I left go to another and there is a cheater I left and go to another server and there is a cheater. What the hell is going on
    Because a votekick will most likely hit legit players. If you play with experienced players in a solid squad you can easiely go 60-0 in a game. with a votekick thats  100% of the times a kick coming your way. votekick is an option that will be abused. If you have played CS:GO you know that the natural response of teh cheaters is to use a namechanger so noone knows what the name actally is. votekick does not work against cheaters.
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 13
    Did they ban anyone in this game yet? I keep checking back to see if there is ANY evidence that ANYONE has been banned. I still haven't seen any evidence of it. Where's all the crying "I got banned, but didn't do anything wrong" posts? There should be some on Reddit? We should see some here before the mods get to them, right? I have NEVER seen a single thread like this. Even the new Call of Duty game already has threads like this. Check the Steam VAC forums, there are massive amounts of these threads. THAT is evidence that a company is actually banning cheaters. You NEVER see that with this game.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the main reason I switched from PC to PS4.

This, and the cost of constantly updating hardware (SSD, video cards, adding more/faster memory/etc.).

Downside is that controllers have a steep learning curve. This will be fixed with next gen consoles which will allow k&m.

I see a significant shift from PC to console when this happens.

And before everyone starts to lose their minds about k&m for consoles, there are plenty of threads on this topic already.

Just saying...
  • MrCamp121
    725 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just ran into the same cheater i and many on the server reported...almost a MONTH ago. Clearly this isnt an issue to these devs so why bother
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 14
    This is the main reason I switched from PC to PS4.

This, and the cost of constantly updating hardware (SSD, video cards, adding more/faster memory/etc.).

Downside is that controllers have a steep learning curve. This will be fixed with next gen consoles which will allow k&m.

I see a significant shift from PC to console when this happens.

And before everyone starts to lose their minds about k&m for consoles, there are plenty of threads on this topic already.

Just saying...
    There's so much more to PC gaming then just mouse and keyboards. Let's just start with 144-240 Hz and obviously better graphics. If anything, I would just stop buying EA games before I turn to a console.
  • SpoolaZ
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    STOPchris said:
    Did they ban anyone in this game yet? I keep checking back to see if there is ANY evidence that ANYONE has been banned. I still haven't seen any evidence of it. Where's all the crying "I got banned, but didn't do anything wrong" posts? There should be some on Reddit? We should see some here before the mods get to them, right? I have NEVER seen a single thread like this. Even the new Call of Duty game already has threads like this. Check the Steam VAC forums, there are massive amounts of these threads. THAT is evidence that a company is actually banning cheaters. You NEVER see that with this game.

The worst rage cheaters get banned, and they know that protesting usually doesn't lead to anything. But if it is true that there are no threads about "innocent banned" then it is really bad, because these threads are usually started by closet cheaters. This shows that FF is only intended to make money for its customer and not prevent cheating properly. After all, the rage cheaters belongs to the same category as the cosmetics buyers, those who come back all the time and spend large sums on nothing.

• bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Pretty hypocritical coming from a guy formerly known as bran0001.

You weren't supposed to tell :'(
  • frankzappaVT
    35 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    welp at least my reflexes will get quicker playing against aimbots lmao
  • Blackhawk
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because a votekick will most likely hit legit players. If you play with experienced players in a solid squad you can easiely go 60-0 in a game. with a votekick thats  100% of the times a kick coming your way. votekick is an option that will be abused. If you have played CS:GO you know that the natural response of teh cheaters is to use a namechanger so noone knows what the name actally is. votekick does not work against cheaters.

Small price to pay for being able to kick hackers. Votekick is on games without hacking, players get kicked for being rude on the chat, etc.
    Whatever, it's an invalauble tool that lets players police themselves. Well worth it, even if some really skilled players will get kicked for having a good record.