[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SirBobdk said:
    Your forgot this: Just give us rental servers with full admin control and let us be judges ourselves.
    My point was that rental servers are the only solution right now and that could mean that good legit players could be kicked, but if that's the cost of getting cheaters away from the server, then I would accept that.

True,  You do know RSP is being worked on for near the end of chapter 5 though,  right?

In all seriousness I don't believe we'll have very long to wait,  Weeks at the most.
  • SirBobdk
    4549 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

True,  You do know RSP is being worked on for near the end of chapter 5 though,  right?

In all seriousness I don't believe we'll have very long to wait,  Weeks at the most.
    I know and are looking forward to it. But we have heard about this for a long time, so I like to see it before I believe it  :D
    All we need then are some good admins who know how to see the difference between good players and cheaters.
  • MrCamp121
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I know and are looking forward to it. But we have heard about this for a long time, so I like to see it before I believe it  :D
    All we need then are some good admins who know how to see the difference between good players and cheaters.

Hopefully sooner rather than later lol
  • EvilH0mer
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't we also been told that anti-cheat measures were being implemented? Haven't seen anything resembling an effective program yet, but everyone seem to think RSP is going to solve everything. It's all just empty promises. EA has our $$, THEY DON'T CARE.
  • NN_Buzz12
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP servers aren’t the answer. Enter all the casual cheaters. EA must win against the cheaters. Accepting anything less is a defeatist attitude and reason to quit trying.
  • Renamed1536220819
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nothing changed,the BF become more worse than origin,although I have not open the origin screen any more after 2018
  • deadstoned
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have DICE said anything about RSP servers having a vote kick/vote ban option? I'm very tired of joining a game only to come face to face with some cheater on 61:0 aimbotting an MG a few minutes into the game. Alternatively I hope multiple server admins can be set to help deal with the problem.
  • QU4NT0R
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Your forgot this: Just give us rental servers with full admin control and let us be judges ourselves.
    My point was that rental servers are the only solution right now and that could mean that good legit players could be kicked, but if that's the cost of getting cheaters away from the server, then I would accept that.

And from past experiences I would bet that they'll not having full admin control. Also it was already said that XP gained on the RSP is not adding up to Tides of War. So we've still to grind on official servers which will not help to solve the situation as the cheaters there will not vanish by magic only in cause of RSP. I've just read the announcements for update 5.2 . Again no word about counter-measures. No word about the Cheater-Situation. Why isn't EA able to openly communicate about the problem and giving the players the feeling that something will happen ? Why is it not possible to give feedback to the community on this topic ? Every other minor and major company is doing it and it's appreciated by their players base. The situation is getting more and more frustrating. At the moment I'm only logging in Thursdays, completing the weekly assignments and after that stop playing BF5 for the rest of the week. The fun at my side is gone. The pacific update brought me back for a few days and I really enjoyed it. But this only lasted 3-4 days before I've stopped again. I'll not pay for any more skins and cosmetics. I'll not buy another EA/Dice franchise (Battlefront, Battlefield) as long as I don't see any new (at least partly working) Anti-Cheat and a 180° turn in EA's communication skills regarding this thematic. A lot of my friends have stopped month ago playing Battlefield out of frustration and they won't come back. Just a quote from one of them: "Pacific update good ?" - Yes / "Anti-Cheat ?" - No / "Nah... not worth reinstalling then"
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasn't able to finish a single round tonight from five attempts.

The most egregious cheat we encountered is rank 140, with a 10:1 KDR.
  • iriti1105
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Asia server is dead.Almost every server has at least one cheater. Has the Asia server been abandoned?
  • tobias3212
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So, this is really becoming a bit too much. I stopped playing for now. Really unfortunate situation…

I did a bit of research and it is really depressing. You can apparently setup those cheats so you are indistinguishable from a very good player. I found a cheater showing off his gameplay and it was indistinguishable from e.g. what Stodeh shows on Youtube (he would be able to stream on twich and nobody would notice). So server admins really would only be able to ban good players on their servers.

What I am wondering, why does EA not sue those cheat tool developers? Epic seems to do so. It was trivial to find e.g. a GitHub account of a popular cheat tool developer where he even has (simple) public cheats for BFV. Or trace the playments. At the very least a DCMA takedown of the Github account would be appropriate.

• ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What I am wondering, why does EA not sue those cheat tool developers? Epic seems to do so. It was trivial to find e.g. a GitHub account of a popular cheat tool developer where he even has (simple) public cheats for BFV. Or trace the playments. At the very least a DCMA takedown of the Github account would be appropriate.

An investigation and lawsuit can take forever depending on the availability of the sued party. Sueing the developers of the cheats does not help the game immediately.
    And the developement of anti-cheat tools is close to impossible since most of the cheats are either subscibtion services that provide no data for the developer or just implode on the smallest debuggattempt. 
  • RRedux
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So how's the RSP thing coming along? Let the community handle anti-cheat measures since EA won't do it themselves.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    RRedux said:
    So how's the RSP thing coming along? Let the community handle anti-cheat measures since EA won't do it themselves.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/196587/community-broadcast-chapter-5-check-in/p1
  • tobias3212
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

An investigation and lawsuit can take forever depending on the availability of the sued party. Sueing the developers of the cheats does not help the game immediately.
    And the developement of anti-cheat tools is close to impossible since most of the cheats are either subscibtion services that provide no data for the developer or just implode on the smallest debuggattempt. 

Well, maybe not completely, but I’d say with some effort one would be able to cripple such a cheat seller within a week (if he lives in a western country).

In the example I found, the cheat developer lives in Germany. His address is provided before payment. He uses Github, AntiDDos and Stripe. Those three one can take down nearly immediately via DMCA takedown requests. Stripe will drop him like a hot potato.

I didn’t see any VAT information, so forward that to German tax authorities. His home address is shown in the payment process.

Get a lawyer to provide a letterhead and send him a cease and desist letter with either pay 50k € and stop, or we will sue you.

If he doesn’t pay up, sue him for trademark violation, copyright violation and EULA violation in a German court. He will get an injunction against selling early in the process. Blizzard already paved the way (up to federal courts) against another cheat seller, so this should be an open and shut case.

• UnPh4ZeD
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JONxJITSU wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Could you please provide links to your wiki, discord and youtube channel to back up your claims? That will be much appreciated. You cannot make such bold definitive statements without any proof. With that being said; it seems like you are having a much different experience in getting cheaters banned than 99% of everyone else. I say this because your "formula" has been replicated by many others before you to no avail. I personally have complied and submitted an incredibly large amount of reports with the inclusion of more information than you have ie: server number, map and time with recorded game play and nothing gets done months later. In most cases I have submitted reports on the same individual several times with nothing being done. From what I have read on posting from the anti cheat time is that they don't necessarily look in to reports and rely on and have faith in FF's detection. Which is why a lot of us are not seeing anything done when the majority of the community files a report even with detailed reports. I am not in no means calling you a lair or refuting your claims, I would like to see some evidence because I find this fascinating. Thank you.

I use a nearly identical system and of the 30ish accounts I've reported (with video evidence) only 2 are still active. The last 20 are all on my YT if you feel the need to check for yourself. My video evidence is always short and sweet (quick edit just to show the obvious inhuman plays). It's a good formula to follow.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the main reason I switched from PC to PS4.

This, and the cost of constantly updating hardware (SSD, video cards, adding more/faster memory/etc.).

Downside is that controllers have a steep learning curve. This will be fixed with next gen consoles which will allow k&m.

I see a significant shift from PC to console when this happens.

And before everyone starts to lose their minds about k&m for consoles, there are plenty of threads on this topic already.

Just saying...

How are you so sure that next gen will get kb/m support?
    Google this for latest info:
    Keyboard mouse sony xbox

example of one link below:
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/14/20964434/microsoft-xcloud-preview-ps4-controller-windows-10-support-2020

There are also multiple BFV threads on the issue of K&M, if you are interested.

• kna5041
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating is still a serious problem and I am increasingly seeing higher level players using the cheats. I really think more anticheating measures need to be inplemented. It's really troubling now because they can see when people are spectating them, though plenty don't care and let you record away as they blatently aimbot and wallhack. 
  • GenCuster
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2019
    I wasn't able to finish a single round tonight from five attempts.

The most egregious cheat we encountered is rank 140, with a 10:1 KDR.

This is a legit "good player" .....
    not a cheater .... :D:D:D

• warslag
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A built-in option to send a clip for review without having to record it yourself and upload it to YouTube would be really welcome.