[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• OskooI_007
    1320 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I web surf on a smartphone so everything looks tiny to me. :yum:
  • ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    (Quote)
    That certainly begs the question of why OTHER games will notify when the players are banned.  Do those laws somehow apply to keep EA from publishing names, but they somehow allow other companies to list the names of banned hackers?
    ?

@Red_Label_Scotch it’s usually because each company’s legal teams have different tolerances for corporate legal exposure. Some companies have a large tolerance for such things and others are more conservative choosing not to take chances in an ever changing Political and regulatory landscape.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw a cheater hiding in a leafy pacific bush. He couldn't see anything outside the bush and nobody could see him in the bush. All you saw was bullets flying out of the bush mowing people down.

I was in spectator mode. :smile:

Yeah I hate that guy and the one that shot me through a sandbag

• xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I am sure buried in this 56 page discussion but I am too lazy to read every post, why is PC have the huge hacking problem and consoles do not. You would think the manufactures (especially in Asia) of a lot of the PC graphic card, mother boards, and other parts that go into a PC would have a great interest in help solving the problem. Why build an expensive fast PC for gaming when the games you play are easily hacked, so owning the state of the art PC will not improve your score or enhance your gaming experience.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I sure buried in this 56 page discussion but I am to lazy to read every post, why is PC have the huge hacking problem and consoles do not. You would think the manufactures (especially in Asia) of a lot of the PC graphic card, mother boards, and other parts that go into a PC would have a great interest in help solving the problem. Why build an expensive fast PC for gaming when the games you play are easily hacked, so owning the state of the art PC will not improve your score or enhance your gaming experience.
    Not an expert on this topic, but my understanding is that it is very difficult to 'jailbreak' PS4, and Sony are very quick to patch any vulnerabilities. Probably the same for Xbox.

Cheat developers don't want to spend time/money creating hacks that can be quickly nullified. Much easier, and more profitable, to focus on PC.
  • HDrag
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, this game is so full of low level aimbot hackers it's just unplayable. Wow. Thanks EA for your support of long time players. NOT.  Nice spell check on the word aimbot by the way, as if it doesn't exist. Wow. The worst ever. Feckless.
  • TheRealFoe
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I keep telling myself that the cheaters are going to get sick of the game soon and move back to fortnite .
     it must be mind numbingly boring to run around a map steering a bot , like if  bf5 had the same cheats installed by default it would be a game even the non legit players would not buy. 
  • GenCuster
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I sure buried in this 56 page discussion but I am to lazy to read every post, why is PC have the huge hacking problem and consoles do not. You would think the manufactures (especially in Asia) of a lot of the PC graphic card, mother boards, and other parts that go into a PC would have a great interest in help solving the problem. Why build an expensive fast PC for gaming when the games you play are easily hacked, so owning the state of the art PC will not improve your score or enhance your gaming experience.
    Not an expert on this topic, but my understanding is that it is very difficult to 'jailbreak' PS4, and Sony are very quick to patch any vulnerabilities. Probably the same for Xbox.

Cheat developers don't want to spend time/money creating hacks that can be quickly nullified. Much easier, and more profitable, to focus on PC.

Especially if you create cheats
    for a game of a company that,
    apparently to parry the rear legally, he decided to leave full freedom of use.

• GenCuster
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I keep telling myself that the cheaters are going to get sick of the game soon and move back to fortnite .
     it must be mind numbingly boring to run around a map steering a bot , like if  bf5 had the same cheats installed by default it would be a game even the non legit players would not buy.

As long as it costs € 0.99 everybody will think it's worth using cheat.
    Even if Firefighter worked at 200%,
    they have nothing to lose, a new account every day for the cost of a coffee.
    Another thing would be to lose an account linked to the purchase of a € 100 / € 150 game.
    As long as Origin Access exists, we will always have this problem.

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    Carbonic said:
    (B) I think would be hard to implement partly due to GDPR because of the reasons already listed.
    Carbonic, I think you need to read GDPR in detail in place of listening exclusively to Dice.

First : GDPR applies to all companies but it is only applicable to EU residents. So if we are putting the real name of a non-eu residents in forum -> no gdpr issue.

Second : GDPR is about PII. It means Personal Identifiable Information.
    Here is the legal definition :
    Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that, when used alone or with other relevant data, can identify an individual. PII may contain direct identifiers (e.g., passport information) that can identify a person uniquely, or quasi-identifiers (e.g., race) that can be combined with other quasi-identifiers (e.g., date of birth) to successfully recognize an individual.
    So putting a pseudo is not PII because we don't have the ability to see real name behind that pseudo. We can only see information provided freely by the person. And all forums have  sent reminder to enlisted persons to ask them to give they consent due to GDPR.
    If we put a gamertag in a sreenshot, forum viewer cannot identify the person, we don't know who is behing the GT.

Third: EA has to sent to everybody more than one year ago a document asking explicitely to customer if they are ok that ea use their personal info. This was requested by GDPR and ea did it because they have to do it legally. They are in alignment with the law and has the right to use PII data to manage their platform. Tracking cheaters is part of the platform management.

So really, in this case GDPR is an easy excuse to use so they can cover themselves under this law.

You mean the list that is now removed "to better ensure our game follows rules regarding personal privacy around the world and maintains the integrity of our users' personal information" ?
    Source: http://www.pubgmobile.com/banlist/
    :D

Yeah, did that mysterious misapplied law suddenly change again?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    That certainly begs the question of why OTHER games will notify when the players are banned.  Do those laws somehow apply to keep EA from publishing names, but they somehow allow other companies to list the names of banned hackers?
    ?

@Red_Label_Scotch it’s usually because each company’s legal teams have different tolerances for corporate legal exposure. Some companies have a large tolerance for such things and others are more conservative choosing not to take chances in an ever changing Political and regulatory landscape.
    So it's not that "We can't," but that, "we won't."  Quite a different picture than the one that your co-moderator is posing, that you are de facto defending, like the good teammate that you are.
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did a bit of digging into the paid cheats and was a bit shocked to the extent of the stuff they can do to a game. The cheat site states you will get a fair fight ban if you use one of the more obvious features. If they do get a ban it has hardware ID spoofing to allow them to continue!

Was also reading on reddit a youtuber was been targeted by groups of cheaters while he was trying to live steam. Cheating has become an epidemic on PC.

I'm taking a long break from BFV & Battlefront 2 they are simply not worth playing on PC. Plenty of other games to catch up on over the Xmas holiday.

• PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    @xHonest_Abe

PCs will let you install any software you want on them. Consoles will only run software Microsoft and Sony approves.

Encryption is used on consoles to prevent unauthorized software being installed on them. Microsoft and Sony signs every single file with their encryption keys, and the console verifies the signature before loading the file.

It won't even boot another operating system like Windows 10 or Linux because even the boot files are encrypted with digital signatures.

PC hardware isn't designed to be tamper resistant. PC manufacturers expect the owner to install whatever software they want on it.

Consoles on the other hand are designed to only run software Microsoft and Sony approves. So cheat software can't be installed and run on them, because the cheat files lack the digital signature which only Microsoft and Sony can create using their private encryption keys.
    Thankyou for this insightful post, now I know more about the AC mechanism differences and why PC players are plagued by cheaters whereas the consoles are relatively free.
  • TheRealFoe
    GenCuster said:

As long as it costs € 0.99 everybody will think it's worth using cheat.
    Even if Firefighter worked at 200%,
    they have nothing to lose, a new account every day for the cost of a coffee.
    Another thing would be to lose an account linked to the purchase of a € 100 / € 150 game.
    As long as Origin Access exists, we will always have this problem.

Must get  boring after a while needing to be a bot jockey though , you would think that with the experience being diminished the appeal would wear off  even 99 cent would be too much in that case.

• RRedux
    759 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like to check this thread now and again to see if there is any reaction from  EA_Tom , since he made this thread.

So far, not much to see here.
  • Carbonic
    1948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Carbonic said:
    Carbonic said:
    (B) I think would be hard to implement partly due to GDPR because of the reasons already listed.
    Carbonic, I think you need to read GDPR in detail in place of listening exclusively to Dice.

First : GDPR applies to all companies but it is only applicable to EU residents. So if we are putting the real name of a non-eu residents in forum -> no gdpr issue.

Second : GDPR is about PII. It means Personal Identifiable Information.
    Here is the legal definition :
    Personally identifiable information (PII) is information that, when used alone or with other relevant data, can identify an individual. PII may contain direct identifiers (e.g., passport information) that can identify a person uniquely, or quasi-identifiers (e.g., race) that can be combined with other quasi-identifiers (e.g., date of birth) to successfully recognize an individual.
    So putting a pseudo is not PII because we don't have the ability to see real name behind that pseudo. We can only see information provided freely by the person. And all forums have  sent reminder to enlisted persons to ask them to give they consent due to GDPR.
    If we put a gamertag in a sreenshot, forum viewer cannot identify the person, we don't know who is behing the GT.

Third: EA has to sent to everybody more than one year ago a document asking explicitely to customer if they are ok that ea use their personal info. This was requested by GDPR and ea did it because they have to do it legally. They are in alignment with the law and has the right to use PII data to manage their platform. Tracking cheaters is part of the platform management.

So really, in this case GDPR is an easy excuse to use so they can cover themselves under this law.

You mean the list that is now removed "to better ensure our game follows rules regarding personal privacy around the world and maintains the integrity of our users' personal information" ?
    Source: http://www.pubgmobile.com/banlist/
    :D

Yeah, did that mysterious misapplied law suddenly change again?
    No. How Pubg chose to try to adhere to the law changed however (probably due to feedback from their lawyers).
    In any case thanks for mentioning the Pubg list thing, it actually ended up proving me right  :)
  • TheRealFoe
    just been one shot bot jockey killed by a non legit plane
     .. them planes have got out of control 

This discussion has been closed.