[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14638 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @VXBronsonXV
    Did you not read the OP?

It clearly states in no uncertain terms that the forum is NOT the place to report cheaters.

When posting your comments, please remember:
    • Familiarize yourself with the forum rules & guidelines, here
    • Don't name & shame other players
    • Be constructive
    Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums. While we can forward your feedback, we won't be able to comment directly on ongoing efforts to combat cheating.

Lastly, this is a gentle reminder that our forums are not the place to report in-game cheating. If you'd like to report a user, please follow the steps as listed in this article
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

• Mywk_Live
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battle-Eye, yes it's going to cost EA some cash.. and eliminate more than 90% of the cheaters.
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mywk_Live said:
    Battle-Eye, yes it's going to cost EA some cash.. and eliminate more than 90% of the cheaters.
    Which, wont happen.
  • Jinko_itx
    785 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    Mywk_Live said:
    Which, wont happen.
    they should of implemented Battleye or Easy Anti-Cheat earlier in the year while there was still the BF Hardcorers around and the population was higher.... 
  • XxChunky_FreakxX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Quick thing

With this new update, I'm rather sure I'm experiencing a big of some kind. Upon trying to customize one of my company units, (recon) the game then applied my chosen cosmetics to all my company classes.

I have checked my settings, and class mirroring is turned off,

(tho that shouldn't effect cosmetics of the same company only weapon loadouts of the opposite faction)

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having the issue, if it's a big, or if there was an added setting that I am unable to find.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14638 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @XxChunky_FreakxX
    Maybe post in your own thread,  Your post here is WAY off topic
  • STOPchris
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    So the EA guy writes the opening post of this thread and then goes completely silent.

Right.
    This thread was literally because they keep getting cheaters threads popping up and then having to close them down. These threads serve as one location to dump what they don't want to hear into. If you think there will be any change to the way EA deals with cheaters in this game, well you are VERY optimistic at best.
  • Tosasan_HUN
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    today morning  4 server in row have cheaters hwos not hide i give up today. tell me why have a report system and why i make videos from oblivius cheater if i say vlad i think many player know what i say. i report a cheater yesterday now i meet him again and report him 2 time because he ruin 1 server everyone leave and he come unfortunatly the same server were i m. i leave it again another cheater i leave this server too and the 4th is got 2 more oblivius cheater. i soo angry now i end it before i got ban.
  • ElliotLH
    9757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Quick thing

With this new update, I'm rather sure I'm experiencing a big of some kind. Upon trying to customize one of my company units, (recon) the game then applied my chosen cosmetics to all my company classes.

I have checked my settings, and class mirroring is turned off,

(tho that shouldn't effect cosmetics of the same company only weapon loadouts of the opposite faction)

I'm curious to know if anyone else is having the issue, if it's a big, or if there was an added setting that I am unable to find.

Off topic but the reason for that is because customisation is now tied to characters. If you want your classes to look different now then you need to select a different character model for each.
  • JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played nearly all the battlefields (mostly bc2  bf3 bf4) and you would get the rare hacker here and there and have a laugh at how blatant they are. 
    But the amount of cheaters in battlefield 5 is just completely out of control and downright comical.  Literally every 2nd game there is a blatant cheater from asia which you can tell  by their ping and names.  They also will gloat about the hacks and how they can't be stopped. 

Introduce a vote kick,  make reporting of cheater quicker and simpler, please!  So many people don't even know how to report a hacker playing on the server.

I'm done playing until at least something is attempted to curb the cheats.

It's absolutely ridiculous how much cheating is going on in this game. I've seen more cheating in BFV than all previous BF games combined TENFOLD!

However, I do not agree with a votekick because that system could be abused against legit good players and/or to bully other players. I have been a victim of a votekick back in my BF3 days a few times because people thought I was cheating.
  • duendemago
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This thread seems to indicate that Dice and EA are listening. I hope you guys pass from listening to taking impecable and strong measures against cheating.Since BF2 to the date I really never encountered a cheater until now!!! So what can you say are the differences between that line of time and now? Why everyone is encountering cheaters, more than never before in this beautiful saga? In less than 2 weeks I  have encountered cheaters with aimbot and wallhack but also I encountered a ver weird cheat, hope someone can confirm if Im wrong:
    -For no reason when you wanted to spawn at C or D flag of Hamada map you insta deploy in parachute and that **** insta kill you with aimbot....couldn't confirm if this was the case in other flags because most of them were taken and I didn't take the time to deal with such a low cheat......for me THIS WAS A VERY SERIOUS CHEAT.

Hope you guys take some serious measures against these no self love human beings.
  • STOPchris
    edited October 2019
    Too many issue with this game. Even if they fixed the cheating problem (which they will NEVER do), there is still the balance and team stacking issues (which they will also NEVER fix). They game just isn't fun because of all its flaws. I am sure that when CoD comes out, this game will die hard.

EDIT: Forgot one, all the invisible walls and rocks in the game. Where you clearly have a shot and instead, you are hitting an invisible object.
    Post edited by STOPchris on
  • zerweast
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    Too many issue with this game. Even if they fixed the cheating problem (which they will NEVER do), there is still the balance and team stacking issues (which they will also NEVER fix). They game just isn't fun because of all its flaws. I am sure that when CoD comes out, this game will die hard.

EDIT: Forgot one, all the invisible walls and rocks in the game. Where you clearly have a shot and instead, you are hitting an invisible object.

The current cheat in fashion is headshots from planes. At this stage, cheating is an artform, they r trying to outperform each other on style points
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    As mentioned in the OP.

This is not the place for video content featuring cheaters,  regardless of the fact that you have hidden the names.

The only place your cheat videos should be sent to,  Is the box you fill out when you are in process of reporting them.

Our duty is to enforce the rules and also to assist with issues such as game crashes and the likes.

Maybe this should be clarified, then. Where does it say in the OP that videos that are not permitted in this thread, especially when they do do not violate N&S or any other forum rules? Which rule was enforced by removing his video?

An EA representative created this thread ostensibly so we could have a constructive discussion about cheating issues. I would argue that a critical foundation of this discussion is establishing what cheating looks like, what it is and what it isn't. But frankly this thread is starting to feel like a quarantine that only exists to stem the constant other threads created about cheating. That isn't constructive.
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Operation Underground ....
    It's the new festival of shooting in the smoke .....
    I can't make out,
    if those who shoot in the smoke do so by calculating that there are points of concentration,
    and hope to hit someone at random.
    or, I think more realistic ...
    that many "SEE" through smoking.

• pda1988
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Seriously Dice, one shot kill with the Suomi? Your unconcern regarding the abundance of cheaters in this game really kills all the fun!
This discussion has been closed.