Weekly BF

[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• RudyMentally
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    Operation Underground ....
    It's the new festival of shooting in the smoke .....
    I can't make out,
    if those who shoot in the smoke do so by calculating that there are points of concentration,
    and hope to hit someone at random.
    or, I think more realistic ...
    that many "SEE" through smoking.

If you have enough bullets, you can spam through smoke and the hitmarkers will reveal where somebody is. Removing hitmarkers through smoke would probably help this issue to some extent as prone MMG has plenty of spam bullets to scan the smokescreen in front of them.
  • QU4NT0R
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    Operation Underground ....
    It's the new festival of shooting in the smoke .....
    I can't make out,
    if those who shoot in the smoke do so by calculating that there are points of concentration,
    and hope to hit someone at random.
    or, I think more realistic ...
    that many "SEE" through smoking.

Rest assured that many can see through the smoke.... Yesterday at the time the map went live I was under the first Players playing it. So at this time it all was new for nearly all Players. Not really knowing the ways…. So everyone smoked the whole Underground passways… and what should I say…. we had one ending the map with 116:3 as an assault and a Sniper !!! on my side with a Kar98 Shooting in the smoke next to me and nearly every shot was a hit… so he ended the round with 76:8... All other Players in this first round didn't get over 30 kills and at least 15-20 deaths…  ESP/Radar-Cheaters love this map… all they Need to do is Shooting the colored boxes on their screens
  • Kompura
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've rarely seen obvious cheaters, maybe twice before yesterday but in just one day I saw two and had to report both. Other having 150-0 kd and other already 50-0 in the early phase of game and just getting more kills every other second. No smoke explains that nor being in some choke point with mmg...
    Is there some new cheap cheat available or why those cheaters are appearing now in more numbers?
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    567 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience in JP/SG servers is that for the last week there is at least one cheat in every single game. Every. Single. Game.

BFV is, for all intents and purposes, unplayable at the moment.
  • QU4NT0R
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kompura said:
    I've rarely seen obvious cheaters, maybe twice before yesterday but in just one day I saw two and had to report both. Other having 150-0 kd and other already 50-0 in the early phase of game and just getting more kills every other second. No smoke explains that nor being in some choke point with mmg...
    Is there some new cheap cheat available or why those cheaters are appearing now in more numbers?

I've my own Theory for the exorbitant increase of cheater-activities: As the Level-cap was raised to 500 I bet there is an ongoing race who reach it first. 
  • SpoolaZ
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Kompura said:
    If you get upset over some cheaters who can be count on one hand's fingers, and require EA to invest in an expensive Anti-cheat. Then you get upset for nothing. What about all the cheaters who play, for example 30-6 and can't afford to buy new accounts all the time and have to fool Fairfight because it's not fun either to start all over again, all the time.
    If  EA were to invest in Battleye they might lose 75% of the players in the short term, but in the long term they would win back the trust of the players who lost their confidence with only Fairfight, which serious company would not like that? Which seriously company only wants to build their trust for only thieves, if you are not a greedy thief yourself ?

• Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it has gone from maybe spotting one every other month, to finding an obvious one every day. and obvious ones also called rage hackers.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    Kompura said:
    If you get upset over some cheaters who can be count on one hand's fingers, and require EA to invest in an expensive Anti-cheat. Then you get upset for nothing. What about all the cheaters who play, for example 30-6 and can't afford to buy new accounts all the time and have to fool Fairfight because it's not fun either to start all over again, all the time.
    If  EA were to invest in Battleye they might lose 75% of the players in the short term, but in the long term they would win back the trust of the players who lost their confidence with only Fairfight, which serious company would not like that? Which seriously company only wants to build their trust for only thieves, if you are not a greedy thief yourself ?

Why would they lose 75% of the players from getting a good anti-cheat when it is probably just a very few % that cheat? I would be surprised if there is more that say 3-4 closet cheaters, and then 3-4 is probably double the amount that I think there is.
  • SpoolaZ
    SpoolaZ said:
    Kompura said:

Why would they lose 75% of the players from getting a good anti-cheat when it is probably just a very few % that cheat? I would be surprised if there is more that say 3-4 closet cheaters, and then 3-4 is probably double the amount that I think there is.
    How can 3-4 cheaters pay for a million market? or should we add and exaggerate that they are about 20 cheaters according to you? It also doesn't work out in the end, unless the few pay for the whole party, of course. millions with money must mean, many cheaters buying programs to aim, it's just common logic and common sense. Not the opposite, as the cheaters always claimed "Cheares are few"
  • Major_Pungspark
    On each server it was supposed to say.
  • CSO7777
    1274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    How can 3-4 cheaters pay for a million market? or should we add and exaggerate that they are about 20 cheaters according to you? It also doesn't work out in the end, unless the few pay for the whole party, of course. millions with money must mean, many cheaters buying programs to aim, it's just common logic and common sense. Not the opposite, as the cheaters always claimed "Cheares are few"
    I don't think there are a million-dollar-market just for BF-cheats. Cheats for all games (Fortnite, PUBG, Apex etc) yes, but not BFV alone. As far as I know (just by using google), many cheats are pretty expensive (like 40 dollars a month), which means they don't really need that many cheaters to generate a lot of money. There are a lot of games where people can cheat and BFV is only one of many and far from the biggest title player-wise, compared to Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, etc.

If just a very small percentage of millions of players pays for cheats, it will still generate a lot of money for the cheat-makers.

It would still be nice if Dice implemented other anti-cheats than FF, even though no anti-cheat is perfect it would still help reducing the number of cheaters and would make the community know that something was being done.

Apex Legends is an EA-game and uses Easy-Anticheat. That game is free-to-play and they can still afford it (but cheating is way worse in Apex Legends than in BFV - at least in european servers).
  • Gosi
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Devs, admins this is your chance... There are 8 sg servers for operation underground playlist right now, i went into every single 1 of them, all 8 have hackers!!!!!!!! lmao, seriously do something already please? Like you can't be that useless? U made a game, I am sure you will be able to atleast login , see it for yourself and ban them? Like right now they are online, all 8 singapore servers have hackers.
  • zerweast
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish someone did a proper study on revenue loss from not dealing with cheaters effectively. 
  • mythic_employee
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Keep in mind we don't speak for the anti-cheat team on these forums."
    Because you obviously don't have one.
  • SpoolaZ
    CSO7777 said:
    SpoolaZ said:
    I don't think there are a million-dollar-market just for BF-cheats. Cheats for all games (Fortnite, PUBG, Apex etc) yes, but not BFV alone. As far as I know (just by using google), many cheats are pretty expensive (like 40 dollars a month), which means they don't really need that many cheaters to generate a lot of money. There are a lot of games where people can cheat and BFV is only one of many and far from the biggest title player-wise, compared to Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, etc.

If just a very small percentage of millions of players pays for cheats, it will still generate a lot of money for the cheat-makers.

It would still be nice if Dice implemented other anti-cheats than FF, even though no anti-cheat is perfect it would still help reducing the number of cheaters and would make the community know that something was being done.

Apex Legends is an EA-game and uses Easy-Anticheat. That game is free-to-play and they can still afford it (but cheating is way worse in Apex Legends than in BFV - at least in european servers).
    What I have learned from time in the BF3 forums is that cheaters have always protected cheaters and their own interests by always reducing the problem of cheating. You agree that the cheating market is big with all the games together. But if people are willing to spend huge sums on useless cosmetic loot on one game, why would they not be able to spend hutless sums even on cheats that still give more than one skin. That said, at the moment it looks like you can make as much money as you can on id***s in the gaming industry.
    Some wise words from a player from BF3: "Everyone seems to know how many cheaters there are, but nobody knows who they are" Or a better one. "A worse player can only be shot by a better player, but it certainly can't be cheater"
  • Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Okay, constructive. Install an AC and then hardware ban cheaters. Reports in chat when someone is banned. Improve TTD so you don’t die three steps behind cover (or is that just cheaters?). Improve feedback for those that report suspected cheaters.
    Will it be perfect, no. But it’ll be better then what we have now.

Please. I really don’t want to abandon the BF franchise. But I feel I’m being forced to.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 5
    Two games tonight two blatant cheats, it's getting hard to find a game without one. Sick of the whole charade - DICE you really are pathetic and you really haven't taken the cheating problem seriously at all.
  • SAMBALTRASSI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 5
    Now the game is over populated with cheaters Dice take some action. What an joke. The only way to stop cheaters is ip and hardware bans
  • Endomyst
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was only recently I decided to jump into bf after some years absence from the franchise due in most part hearing that hackers have managed to invade the bf series, which was a laughable thought some years ago but now it seems an everyday nuance. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, personally (and I hate to say it) but I believe this evolving issue stems from a specific culture that conveys the idea that cheating is acceptable on the grounds that 'competition' is paramount and that success is the only option by any means. There are documentaries revolving around these growing concepts which sees Asia as the major culprit, a generation of millions who are less physically inclined to work as the former, hardwired into their digital world and built to grind that code, zero life skills required. If they arent top notch in terms of IQ (by their standards) they are nothing in life, hence cheating has become a way to alleviate the mass competition and has amazingly been accepted officially to some degree which is trouble in the international scheme of things. Pandoras digital box has been let loose