[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• rapidfire8
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    A lot of very smart people here and  genuine intent on finding solutions to the menace of cheating.  So I have a couple of questions for you.  I report on average 10-15 people  every time I play which is 3-4 times a week.  Obviously I am in Asia playing on the Malaysian based servers.  I stat check every player I report. What in your opinion is a legit KD ratio for a non-plane, non-tanker player? (clearly cheating players only flying or tanking can have KDs that are huge which is why they rarely get banned).

More importantly, and here is the kicker, headshot percentage ratio (% headshots divided by no. of kills). I look at the majority of great players stats and their headshot ratio is between 28-32%.  Perhaps a little higher for those who are expert snipers. Stodeh is at 28%, Energisedknight is at 18%, Z1inyorita is at 16%, BoccaBoi is at 21%. Almost everyone I report has a headshot ratio over 40% - the majority of obvious rage monkeys are doing 50-95% headshot ratio. So, second question, do you consider this to be a fair and legit method of confirming cheats?  Yesterday I encountered a  player ranked 248 with a 70% headshot ratio (140,000 kills, 98,000 headshots). In your opinion, is there ANY way this player is not cheating? There are a number of these guys around and most of them are streaming. Bear in mind that flyboys have like 0-5% headshot ratios. 

Anyone have any thoughts?

SoaR_Dazs has a general headshot ratio of 70 percent, but on most bolt actions it's over 80 percent. So that's what I'd consider peak human performance. I found the guy you are referencing, and I don't find anything to indicate he would be cheating. His bolt action accuracy is below 40 percent, which would indicate he goes exclusively for the head. KPM totally plausible. Furthermore, I think I know his gamertag on BF1, and he there he has over 400k infantry kills, again mostly with scout. In that game his headshot ratio is closer to 30 percent, which is logical consequence of the game mechanic differences (smaller head hitbox, sweet spot). Again, totally plausible KPM. So I would be inclined to consider him a legit shitbucket.

That being said, your method of determining cheaters is mostly a-ok, apart from these very very rare outliers. Which goes to show the need for utmost diligence in the more unclear cases.

Thanks for your input - I  have been schooled!  I guess we would need to refine headshot percentage checking to specific weapons and see the guys that are hitting 50% plus with STGs etc to be certain and  those 150 plus ranks only using bolt action rifles with 70% headshots stats should just be marvelled at . Appreciated!
  • Niick1402
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:

Show me some threads and I'll be pretty happy... Show me some cheaters got banned threads, not the unsupported OS kind...

I dont remember the exact title of the reddit post made by these cheaters but you can always make a search on reddit and see what comes up. I'm dont feel like waste time by looking for it. If you don't believe there's posts like that then that also fine to me.
  • ElliotLH
    9428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Niick1402 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I dont remember the exact title of the reddit post made by these cheaters but you can always make a search on reddit and see what comes up. I'm dont feel like waste time by looking for it. If you don't believe there's posts like that then that also fine to me.

Here are a few from EA Answers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=category:battlefield-v-en&q=Ban
  • DIV88_Viking
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    N7_Vulcan said:
    I know the cheat/anti-cheat battle is an ongoing issue (similar to virus/anti-virus), but at the very least implement a vote-kick or vote-ban system in the games that require votes from 50% of both teams so that the community can deal with the problem.
    Yeah. It only took a year? :)
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If only we had communityservers run by nonbetas (the kind that don't ban you, if you kill them), wich knew what they were doing....
    But nooooo, EA think they'll go bankrupt if they do...or some other stupid reason.

• Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have not played in a day, sick of the 2A/medic meta and cheaters.

Get bored. Decide to queue up for a match. Get into game, play for 10 seconds, get owned by a cheater through smoke. I call him out, he says "of course" I ask why, he replies "because I can".

Because he can.
    Because he can.
    Because he can.
    Because DICE does nothing. 

Seriously, this is getting very old. 
  • xKALIxKARNAGEx
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE good job on creating a playlist where all of the cheaters can beat the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of the rest of the community like a blind person in a well lit room.
  • moose004
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Two straight US East Conquest servers tonight cleaned out by probable hackers, guys with scores way higher than seem plausible (like 90-4 on Devastation with an M3).  They're so rampant now that as soon as somebody goes on a hot streak or does a nice shot, people start screaming "hacker" and we're all suspicious of each other because we see so damned many blatant ones. 

DICE, do you want an even more toxic community?  Because this is how you get an even more toxic community. 

(One of the probable hackers was well over level 250, btw.)
  • Dr_Steamfur
    337 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    moose004 said:
    Two straight US East Conquest servers tonight cleaned out by probable hackers, guys with scores way higher than seem plausible (like 90-4 on Devastation with an M3).  They're so rampant now that as soon as somebody goes on a hot streak or does a nice shot, people start screaming "hacker" and we're all suspicious of each other because we see so damned many blatant ones. 

DICE, do you want an even more toxic community?  Because this is how you get an even more toxic community. 

(One of the probable hackers was well over level 250, btw.)
    I know for a fact that some of them who claim they are not hacking, are in fact hacking. Even the high level ones. Heck, thats how they got their in the first place by cheating, but not blatant cheating. But now the word is out of hte bag that dice does nothing against tehm, these same people all of a sudden are getting crazy high scores. Its all too obvious. 
  • El_Padrino_NYC
    29 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the same way ea/dice ignored this rampant cheating problem is the same way i will ignore all of their future game releases ! i feel ripped off and no dice this not an enjoyable gaming experience !!! fix this steaming hot pile already !!!
  • DIV88_Viking
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I might start ........ myself just to get a realistic feeling when I play. Im not talking about Aim.... or W....., etc. I am talking about  "DAMAGE.......... as I am being freaken tired of shoting ppl up to 10 times!!!! "Depends on weapon and distancce" before they die..... I mean! WTF! I am not a bad player, I have decent KD, I do hit the target, but my god! It takes forever to kill........ Please give us "Hardcore" opion!
  • OftenShot
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Re-downloaded yesterday to see the state of play and deleted again this morning. It doesn't deserve the hard drive space, enough said!

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I might start ........ myself just to get a realistic feeling when I play. Im not talking about Aim.... or W....., etc. I am talking about  "DAMAGE.......... as I am being freaken tired of shoting ppl up to 10 times!!!! "Depends on weapon and distancce" before they die..... I mean! WTF! I am not a bad player, I have decent KD, I do hit the target, but my god! It takes forever to kill........ Please give us "Hardcore" opion!
    How about no
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about no
    Airsoft is so fun, lel
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    (Quote)
    Airsoft is so fun, lel

I mean I have no issues killing people so w/e.

Resorting to cheating because your mad at the game plants the seed. Its probably the stupidest thing you could do.

Then again people don't ever make great decision anyway.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd_TV on
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    ''Resorting to cheating because your mad at the game plants the seed. Its probably the stupidest thing you could do.

Then again people don't ever make great decision anyway.''

True, and true.
  • GVlXxf
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    i  encounter many cheaters in the game, i can see how many option the cheat engine can do in BFV, one things, the most important needed to be notice is that it can enable aiming locking, simply speaking, it can enable the crosshair locate on player and obj( i means tanks , plane etc vehicle), what they need is to press fire button, only, it can enable head locked, or head shot locking. the summary, the game isn't playable at all, bad anti cheating, no new barrier to these cheating players,  good custom server but excluding ToW ( it get custom server no interest at all).

sorry, the game is dead.

u can't imagine that a players, cheating , he can still be the same servers, straight three round or more(i quit at 3 round with him) i do think, many of my team have sent reports of him through origin , but he is still there? DICE can't suspend or kick this cheating players out of this server when they got many report from the server they have played? what logic and how do report is working?

u need some time to discovery do these players is cheating( do DICE is really doing that after receiving reports?), but why not kick these cheating players out of these servers? is it unfair that DICE think? it's a joke, i take BF1 as a example, as when u finish the round, it will display top 5 performaner in the game, his name is there, cheating players' performance, still be counted in the game? top five, of course, how can't they be from cheating. i have never saw these things happen in any places in the world, NEVER.

thank DICE, u done a good job to normal playrs and give very useful help to cheating players, go on, as u didn't respect ur gamers, normal players
    Post edited by GVlXxf on
This discussion has been closed.