[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    It must be nice to make a killing in an unregulated industry, where you can rip people off and they can't do anything about it... That's how we all feel now that we bought the game and can't play it because of cheaters... We got ripped off by EA and have ZERO recourse. I hope they keep putting slot machines in their games so the government has no choice but to regulate the industry.
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    One is in the 89238 server right now. Would be nice if DICE/EA actually banned. Instead, you guys get to watch your money go down. I doubt people will be buying the next round of garbage from EA.
  • Wboson
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no trust in big anti-cheat systems, they are too general and meant to make a lot of money with less effort. With first wave they could ban most of cheats to prove themselves but in 2 weeks tops the hackers would crack the system. And you can´t eradicate private cheats so easily.  Saw that with PB, only 100% HS cheats were discovered, maybe, later in the game. While a experienced admin could take care of the cheater in 15 secs.
    An experienced anti-cheat team should have coded at least 1 of those undetectable private cheats and constantly scan for them in the market("dark net") and update the anti cheat system at least once per week. That´s what I´ve seen helping on private servers- an semi-known cheat coder jumps the team and next thing you know the private AC system is released and server cleaned up.

So I´d like to see a private AC system tailored specially for BFV based on cracking private hacks etc and/or admins with !ban hammer.
    "Big experienced anti-cheat teams", yeah right. That´s a good term to throw on gaming company boss to get attention, I won´t bite so easily.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13502 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It seems many dont have much faith in the anticheat.

Of course,  Some users are even unaware of spectator mode and will call a spectator out as a hack too,  This shows how players are completely oblivious and will call out cheaters when there are none in the server.

Yes this happened to me last night and yes I did take a screenshot of it,  And yes I hid the usernames so as to not call them out.

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6

Of course,  Some users are even unaware of spectator mode and will call a spectator out as a hack too,  This shows how players are completely oblivious and will call out cheaters when there are none in the server.

Yes this happened to me last night and yes I did take a screenshot of it,  And yes I hid the usernames so as to not call them out.

Well when they have the game sense of a potato and don't know how mechanics work/can be maximized its hard for them to understand.
    Its funny because if it was advertised you could see what killed you by pulling up net graph or w/e it is and see exactly how many hits registered and killed you. Basically filling the role of a kill card ( that we really need)

Had a fellow yesterday scream through the roof tops that i 1 shot him multiple times but of course on video it was quite different. 
  • Mayday-IG
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Seeing people hacking every day. Being in a round with two blatant hackers trying to out do each other. Playing the entire round with both of them with scores about 160-5 (without vehicles).
    You are correct, there is no faith in the AC if there even is one. And because of that, more people who aren’t hacking will be accused.

Why is the BF community being trolled and ghosted??!!
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    STOPchris said:
    The fact is, there is  A LOT of cheating in this game. EA doesn't "appear" to be doing anything about it. Because EA doesn't appear to be doing anything about it, there is also a lot of paranoia. This is all caused by EA doing a terrible job with this game. They have seemingly been doing near nothing about cheating and THAT is the problem. Don't even begin trying to blame players for falsely accusing others of cheating, they have every right to be paranoid in a game where EA is doing nothing (or next to nothing) about cheaters.
    "Don't even try" Cute but giving more information thru the UI is what I am calling for.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, it is kind of obvious that the cheating situation is really bad right now, it goes in waves, I still remember Bf4 and the russian cheater invasion that made the game totally unplayable by rage hacking without an admin present for months, I kind of feel that it is going that way right now but this time we got no admins....

Of course if there are many cheaters the cheat accusations will start flying faster even if there are legit plagers.

I don´t know if all the cheaters are using hacked accounts or are just creating new ones through a glitch or are just getting free ones when they pay for the hacks but it is really silly right now. And if is bad in europe I can only guess how it is in the asian servers, or servers, it is not about the servers but the people playing in them...
  • OskooI_007
    930 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7
    I don´t know if all the cheaters are using hacked accounts or are just creating new ones through a glitch or are just getting free ones when they pay for the hacks but it is really silly right now.

BFV is included with Origin Access Basic for $5 a month. Getting banned only costs $5.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • Major_Pungspark
    1488 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    I don´t know if all the cheaters are using hacked accounts or are just creating new ones through a glitch or are just getting free ones when they pay for the hacks but it is really silly right now.

BFV is included with Origin Access Basic for $5 a month. Getting banned only costs $5.

Well, that explains a lot!
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have post some thread about cheating issue and i didn't play the game already, i gave up as the  situation didn't improve since it launched

my suggestion or some idea from thread i posted before:
    1. give a hardware ban, it's the most ideal deterrent against cheating player, as it raise the costs of cheating, no doubt.

2. for temperate periods when anti cheating process is working on cheating players, group them all into separate servers, at least it can help the "normal" servers to all players who didn't use cheating tools. even they are suspicious cheating players( there was no suspicious cheating , as all playing long time FPS gamers can detect who is cheating or not), group them all into separate servers first, 

3. those cheating is in a group , do DICE know, so if one of them is caught from cheating in one servers, please ban them all , and kick them all into separate servers as above. as if they like join in a group/ platoon, they should have responsibility to monitor others member in the groups, there were no innocent, we are talking about in the game, u join a group should know what that group is doing in the game, like daily active in gaming, or any benefits, etc, however, if the  group is like above, just a cheating group in the game, u either left the group or join them in above separate servers, silent just means u accept the act of them( cheating players), and so u is one of them too,  no innocent from that.

4. give a vote kick system, so if there was enough vote, that player( mostly pointing to cheating player) will be kick out from this server, and can't get in the same server again in the same day.

5. constantly update anti cheating software in the BFV, they are subscribers, the cheating tools is selling on monthly subscription. so anti cheating do need constanly updates like PUBG and APEX, at least, i see their notices about any updates on anti cheating issue, but, do we see the same thing in BFV?

6.  this cheating players didn't only occur in BFV, i think the whole gaming developers( FPS game) should join together against these cheating platoon or group(  cheating in the game). to provide and be a Pioneer on the game that most people are playing , like COD and BFV.  

finally, the BFV is a good game, however,as the cheating players and platoon have ruin the gaming experience and enviroment, i didn't think i would come back again in term of having good experience in BF1, now i find BF1 have been breaken from cheating, there was more serious than BFV, instant kill, aimbot is anywhere. although i am glad to see EA see the situation of how bad it's and make a thread of talking about the issue, i welcome it, however, the works of anti cheating of EA is really doing so worse, good luck to all normal players in BFV and look better cure on anti cheating issue from EA
  • GVlXxf
    445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i want to know how the report sending is managed , it is just for be a record only? or it will be sending to anti cheating team to further investigate or as a base to start investigate? as most of us do think it didn't work or handle well, in the fact like the thread, cheating is anywhere in BFV
  • zwolseballetjes
    849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7

Had a fellow yesterday scream through the roof tops that i 1 shot him multiple times but of course on video it was quite different. 
    On your end I'm sure it looked quite different; the issue is, in this case, that it's quite likely that it did present itself as getting one-shotted to your victim - one-shot kills seem to happen rather often, particularly when there is a wide variation in pings on the server. I've personally seen extreme server-side *ahem* "nonsense," as well as hacks a-plenty recently.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    (Quote)
    On your end I'm sure it looked quite different; the issue is, in this case, that it's quite likely that it did present itself as getting one-shotted to your victim - one-shot kills seem to happen rather often, particularly when there is a wide variation in pings on the server. I've personally seen extreme server-side *ahem* "nonsense," as well as hacks a-plenty recently.

Which is why a usable kill card (that isnt hidden through menus) would benefit alot of players along with these so called anti cheat changes (rumor mill).

Just one of those quality life things that would be nice.
  • Wboson
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So when I spot a cheater, which command can I use to start specing the player in First Person Mode? And which command can I use to start taking in game demo? Can I use shownormals 1 to identify WH? Slow mo for humanized aimbot analyzing? Any more useful commands to use for us "oblivious players" to spot\spec and analyze suspected players?
    Would love to send a detailed report of with time stamps of tamper proof  demo.
  • STOPchris
    Wboson said:

So when I spot a cheater, which command can I use to start specing the player in First Person Mode? And which command can I use to start taking in game demo? Can I use shownormals 1 to identify WH? Slow mo for humanized aimbot analyzing? Any more useful commands to use for us "oblivious players" to spot\spec and analyze suspected players?
    Would love to send a detailed report of with time stamps of tamper proof  demo.
    You have to leave the server and rejoin it by clicking "spectator" on the server page. First click the server in the list of servers, then you will see the "spectator" option next to the join game option.