Weekly Debrief

Commo-Rose Issue

skutaboy
64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Since last week's update, when I highlight the Commo-Rose and select an option, my rifle fires! Quite annoying when in a hidden spot.
Anyone else having this issue or know why it's doing it? Can't find a solution anywhere.

Thanks.

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it a console thing? On PC you never have to click on any of the icons. Just highlight them and let go off the commo-rose to apply selected action.
  • skutaboy
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC but I used to highlight then click!

• YourLocalPlumber
    3027 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    skutaboy said:
    PC but I used to highlight then click!

You don't have to click. Just highlight whatever you want to request/say and let go off commo-rose button.
  • fragnstein
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is it a console thing? On PC you never have to click on any of the icons. Just highlight them and let go off the commo-rose to apply selected action.

That's how it should work, but many times I have tried to call in squad reinforcements only to put the phone away
  • jroggs
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been having some issues with the commo rose on PS4. It's very unresponsive to inputs. Say I want to give a squad order to attack D. I hold R1 and pull down, it highlight the order option, but then it doesn't open up the flags. It just sticks there. I have to wiggle my control stick back and forth for a couple seconds, and then it will open up the flag selection.

That initial highlight doesn't actually do anything, either. If I try to quickly request an order or throw someone a thanks for a revive or whatever, it doesn't do anything. I always have to hold it for several seconds and wiggle back and forth.

Not the biggest deal, it's just the commo rose, but it's still frustrating.
  • Violent_Rumble
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    skutaboy said:
    Since last week's update, when I highlight the Commo-Rose and select an option, my rifle fires! Quite annoying when in a hidden spot.
    Anyone else having this issue or know why it's doing it? Can't find a solution anywhere.

Thanks.
    Yes the same thing is happening to me on pc.
  • skutaboy
    Well I can't believe being level 69/70 that I have never realised that you don't have to click. Must be die-hard habits since BF2. :-)
    Thanks all. (embarrassed emoji).
  • gailjon
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same is happening to me. Used to click to activate action, but now just roll over it. (PC)
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the intended behavior, but it only works occasionally.  Most of the time you have to physically-click it.  Now it also fires a round when you need to clicky after last patch.
  • skutaboy
    Sometimes I scroll to the required command but it doesn't highlight so you have to click to execute it!