Weekly Debrief

Limiting recon

An_F-14_Tomcat
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
There is absolute no reason why every game needs to have 15 bloody snipers on both sides. 

There should be a limit of 3 Recon per side to encourage more teamplay. 

Getting sick of not being able to do ANYTHING because the moment I spawn on someone or Lay down with an MG, I get Shot in the face by some Try hard only there to pad stats.

At this point I believe a lot of us are Fed up about it. 

Comments

• PeaceWeaver
    69 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I effing hate it when I join a Breakthrough match on the attackers side, and 3/4’s of my team are prone hill humping snipers. I wish recon had at least ONE decent SMG option — you might see more of them playing the objective and actually helping the team with beacons and flares. The carbine is decent, but it just can’t compete with SMGs and assault rifles in CQC.

For now, I just find it less frustrating to simply leave a match that is full of camping recons who are doing diddly squat for the team. I got pretty toxic the last Breakthrough match I played, and I don’t wanna be that person. :/ Like, if you get to the point where you’re throwing every smoke you have at your prone camping teammates, shooting the ground in front of them, teabagging them, spamming “GO GO GO” and “REQUEST AMMO/REQUEST MEDIC”, and they STILL don’t get the hint that they’re playing the wrong class for the game mode...it’s just better to leave and let them lose the match.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too many edge of map campers does produce poor rounds but they will switch to another weapon if they can't pick a sniper rifle.

The opening post does seem to be saying they are strong though and that really isn't the case.
  • Noodlesocks
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too many edge of map campers does produce poor rounds but they will switch to another weapon if they can't pick a sniper rifle.

The opening post does seem to be saying they are strong though and that really isn't the case.
    Same problem with tanks in BFV. They are weak so they have to stay away from the enemy which leads to these sort of bad gameplay experiences.
  • bigiain
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's no chance of there being limits, a lot of these players would stop playing. You're also killing the team that uses up their quota with bad snipers rather than good recons.

More sway and better close range options for recon might make things a little better. Less head-shot focused assignments might also help.

I think the P08 is a decent option if you can pop flares constantly, but other options would be nice. I'm not sure how players get the P08 either, does every wannabe recon have access to it?
  • An_F-14_Tomcat
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    PackersDK said:
    There is absolute no reason why every game needs to have 15 bloody snipers on both sides. 

Getting sick of not being able to do ANYTHING because the moment I spawn on someone or Lay down with an MG, I get Shot in the face by some Try hard only there to pad stats.

This is like a standard **** post. You die by it, you complain.

The “reason” why there are so many snipers is because people like playing, it’s fun. It’s satisfying. You making it about stats is just a sneer. You have no idea if that is the reason, but “stat padding” is bad, so that must obviously be why they do it... because people playing scout do it for malicious, negative reasons.

Personally I wouldn’t mind a change how Scout/Snipers work in BF. But limiting classes and having a go at players who do nothing but play a class Dice put in the game, that’s not the way to go.

If there were only 3 snipers per team something else “annoying” would take over. MMGs. 3x scoped rifles. 

"If you die by it, you complain." 

he says to a Level 20 Recon with all Masteries for all REcon rifles completed. 

Try again.
  • PeaceWeaver
    69 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 29
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)

The “reason” why there are so many snipers is because people like playing, it’s fun. It’s satisfying. You making it about stats is just a sneer. You have no idea if that is the reason, but “stat padding” is bad, so that must obviously be why they do it... because people playing scout do it for malicious, negative reasons.

Personally I wouldn’t mind a change how Scout/Snipers work in BF. But limiting classes and having a go at players who do nothing but play a class Dice put in the game, that’s not the way to go.

If there were only 3 snipers per team something else “annoying” would take over. MMGs. 3x scoped rifles. 

You’re right that limiting the recon role won’t solve the problem. I just wish there was a way to encourage more recons to play the objective... I think giving recon some decent SMGs or even shotguns would be a step in the right direction. You’ll still get guys who never set foot on the objective or help with spotting for the duration of the match, but some better CQC guns might help to reduce the camping problem. Recon is currently my least-played class by a significant margin, because I like taking objectives and playing recon just puts me at a disadvantage... When I try to play objectives as recon, I feel like a walking lost ticket just waiting to happen. I only play recon when I feel like the slower paced environment of TDM, which is hardly ever. :/ Once I got to rank 20, that was pretty much it.
  • PackersDK
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PackersDK said:

"If you die by it, you complain." 

he says to a Level 20 Recon with all Masteries for all REcon rifles completed. 

Try again.
    Okay, so you’re a hypocrite? You can snipe, but when others do it they are stat padding... got it.

Next post you’ll tell me how you always play the obj when sniping, but the rest of the world don’t. That is usually how these threads go.
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bigiain wrote: »
    There's no chance of there being limits, a lot of these players would stop playing. You're also killing the team that uses up their quota with bad snipers rather than good recons.

More sway and better close range options for recon might make things a little better. Less head-shot focused assignments might also help.

I think the P08 is a decent option if you can pop flares constantly, but other options would be nice. I'm not sure how players get the P08 either, does every wannabe recon have access to it?

Yep the P08 carbine can be bought by anyone for CC.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience it's like 5 Recons per side and 20 Assaults, with 1 or 2 Supports or Medics.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    586 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience it's like 5 Recons per side and 20 Assaults, with 1 or 2 Supports or Medics.

It varies by map for me. Aerodrome for example 15 recon isn't unusual.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It varies by map for me. Aerodrome for example 15 recon isn't unusual.
    So you're saying players are taking advantage of the class specializing in long range combat on maps designed with long sight lines? No way! I mean, according to the OP there's 30 Recons running around on Devastation.

But non-sarcastically, even 10-15 Recons is unheard of, except in extreme cases. Recon is usually my go to, because I love spotting flares, and I take note of how many other Recons there are often, because I like to play aggressively and also counter snipe from unexpectedly close ranges, and it's really like 3-4 dedicated Recons on the other team and 1-3 players that switch back and forth. On small maps cut that number in half.

Maybe PC is different, because I play on XB1.
  • NikolasKelset1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need to nerf snipers, we need more damage on auto weapon because now they're useless unless you shot in the head, snipers too they need to headshot problem is the cheaters ,the lack of damage on automatic weapons, the strafing which is insane and dumb and this on all classes. Snipers should be hard to use but very effective with zeroing distance and spread unless in a steady position, like LMG.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    (Quote)
    So you're saying players are taking advantage of the class specializing in long range combat on maps designed with long sight lines? No way! I mean, according to the OP there's 30 Recons running around on Devastation.

But non-sarcastically, even 10-15 Recons is unheard of, except in extreme cases. Recon is usually my go to, because I love spotting flares, and I take note of how many other Recons there are often, because I like to play aggressively and also counter snipe from unexpectedly close ranges, and it's really like 3-4 dedicated Recons on the other team and 1-3 players that switch back and forth. On small maps cut that number in half.

Maybe PC is different, because I play on XB1.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1596566#Comment_1596566

Ps4 here. A couple of recent examples in that post above. Had 15 on my team on Aerodrome yesterday, hardly a spot flare to be seen.

I will reiterate that people can play how they like but I'm less sure why you buy a game like battlefield to not even think about the team as a whole.

I should also add that recon played well is immensely powerful and great to have on your team.
  • SirSpectacle
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Campers gonna camp. It's not sniper rifles or MMGs that makes players camp, it's their attitude. Campers will pick the most campy weapons of course, but they would camp with SMGs if that was the only choice available.

In conclusion: you can't fix stupid.
  • GUTENTAAAAG
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg, too much crying. Snipig is fun! If your team don't want to advance put down smoke in their face, so they will have to, lol
  • disposalist
    8607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Lol.  This post comes up every couple of weeks.  BF4 server settings allowed sniper rifles to be limited and they often were.  Yes, snipers need a limit.  Too many will cry about it for DICE ever to have the guts to do it.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    936 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 29
    Snipers or there being too many snipers on your team laying in a bush doing nothing was even a thing when sniping was actually hard. It does annoy players. That is obvious by the glut of posts on the subject.

This is where RSP comes in.

Unless DICE completely botch it and it simply doesn’t have the ability for admins to limit snipers. I’d be pretty certain that they will botch it.
  • aquadude79
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

only bothers me if the snipers and mmg'ers are on my team, because then we will lose the match. i love it when the other team has a ton of snipers, because they are gonna get destroyed.

if you're dying a lot to snipers/mmg guys, you should take a look at how you're playing. i (embarrassingly) have 700+ hours into this game and almost never die to snipers on any map, in any mode. and i PTFO exclusively. and i'm not very good.

more than anything, snipers ruin breakthrough on attacking side. the .001% of snipers that play "aggressively"  and get their beacons strategically deployed can be very helpful, you just almost never see recon guys play like that.

recon is easily the worst class in this game, i don't understand why anybody plays it. but if that's your thing, go for it.