Weekly Debrief

Never played Firestorm (Can't), is it good?

bluegoon
18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I can't play Firestorm, I play from South Africa on Xbox, so due to BF not having Crossplay, there aren't enough players in the local pool for fancy modes like Firestorm, the nearest alternative servers are 200ms away, which the Matchmaking does not allow, it seems.

Is the mode great?  Would you rather have had the resources used for the traditional multiplayer instead?

Comments

• Trokey66
    8379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can see the attraction if you like BR modes.

Winning can be a real buzz.
  • bluegoon
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I can see the attraction if you like BR modes.

Winning can be a real buzz.
    I've tried DayZ long ago, and the Blackout mode a few times on Black Ops 4, was OK, do you think it'll stick around or is it a bit of a fad?
  • Trokey66
    8379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bluegoon wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I've tried DayZ long ago, and the Blackout mode a few times on Black Ops 4, was OK, do you think it'll stick around or is it a bit of a fad?

Who knows mate.
  • jroggs
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm is arguably slower paced than most other BRs and has a much more tactical/ campy meta depending on how you interpret it. I thought it was okay but too campy when it first came out, then I took a break and came back with a bit more confidence and skill and had a lot more fun with it as I learned the map, the flow, and when I could get a bit more aggressive. Like many of BFV's endeavors, I think they put in 95% of the hard work needed to make something great, but you can really feel the absence of that 5% sometimes, and the mode would be far more enjoyable if it received proper support with bug-fixing and gear additions.

Guess I'll share a few demonstrating videos with more detailed discussion. Here's an 11 kill win with some tips and thoughts.

And here's a 12 kill win right before patch 4.4 with more thoughts.

And here's a much shorter video with just some highlights and the endgame of another 11 kill win (without any rambling from me).

• Amp1776
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive never played a BR mode before, but firestorm is fun in an old "demolition" from SOCOM days kinda way.  re-spawns were unacceptable back then. lol
  • urieleves
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing firestorm since it was released. I really enjoy playing firestorm, love using strategies and play with a squad to win. However, I play on PS4 and there are some devices which allow people to use keyboard, mouse and other peripherals. This give them a much faster reaction rate than using dualshock 4 which I always used, this sucks and take some of the fun out of playing. Of course that there are other games multiplataform, but I still really like the idea of being able to play with a joystick and it's good (to sometimes) play with people on the same level as you.

Regarding the lag, I go through the same thing on solo. We don't have brazilian servers for solo so the only servers it finds for me are North American ones, so, 130 - 200ms of latency. I won some while under 130ms but playing in 200ms is hurtful. Without these problems, would be awesome.