Weekly Debrief

This Week in Battlefield V - October 1st Edition - Hotfix 4.6.1 | Operation Underground | Battlefest

Braddock512
1290 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited October 4

After a short hiatus, we're back with This Week in Battlefield V (with stuff to talk about! Woohoo!)

While this is an overview for the week, be aware that this WILL be updated as we release new info and announcementsKeep checking back throughout the week to keep up to date.

Tuesday, October 1

Wednesday, October 2

Thursday, October 3

• Battlefield V: Battlefest Week 1 Tides of War Challenge 

• Operation Underground Release

Friday, October 4

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• LedHead_NZ
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 1
    Nice to see new content rolling out 😀 👍. A while ago it was mentioned there was a blog post (lettersfromthefront) being worked on in regards to the future content for firestorm, any idea when that is coming out?
  • Braddock512
    1290 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Private Games - Our September update will not enable Private Games as we had hoped. It’s absolutely coming to Battlefield V but we have slowed our progress here in order to keep our focus on fixing issues, and ensuring that you're receiving the right standard of quality with each update. Our next Blog from the development team will be detailing the full feature set that we’re expecting with the first release of Private Games. This feature is now planned to release during Chapter 5.

Firestorm Loot Changes/Respawn Mechanic - In blogs published after EA Play, we said that we were working on introducing a radically different Looting system, as well as a Respawn Mechanic similar to the one found in Apex. These plans are presently on hold, and are being re-evaluated whilst we focus our efforts on restoring quality to the core of the Battlefield experience. 

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194391/setting-fair-expectations-for-update-4-6#latest

• LedHead_NZ
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 O I see thanks. Sorry if this question seems loaded but is the hold on firestorm for all future content ( ie new weapons/map changes) or just the loot changes/ respawn mechanic?
    Keep up the good work last few patches I believe have made positive steps at restoring the core quality.
  • Godmodegta
    330 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    awesome celebrations for the Battlefield community, I'm really interested in participating in Nvidia rtx contest, and trying that Anti air launcher against those pesky fighter plane :p
  • Noodlesocks
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any plans on further work being done to Marita breakthrough? Easily the worst balanced map in the game.
  • Braddock512
    Any plans on further work being done to Marita breakthrough? Easily the worst balanced map in the game.
    Any particular recommendations you'd like to see? I'll share those ideas with the Dev team.

-Braddock512-
  • Skullshock
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

i have a i7 8700k and a gtx 1080 and running at 100+ frames (on 165hz) it goes to 40  in close deploying smoke,  tanks exploding no problem lots of smoke no problem, but if it deploys infront of  me  it drops insanely no matter low or ultra.  
    it is not happening if i set my monitor to 60 hz,  only a small fps drop of 2 fps maby i dont hear anyone about this problem, am i the only one
    i was hoping this patch was gonna fix it but no
  • ForbidRhyme
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    (Quote)
    Any particular recommendations you'd like to see? I'll share those ideas with the Dev team.

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 Not related to Marita, but a suggestion I would love you to share with the dev team would be a mechanic for Team voice chat. Something like proxy chat or squad lead chat. Maybe a commo rose voice option you would have to hold to speak to the entire team.

This would shine for RSP in chapter 5, especially for clans, Mic only servers, and it would help even more for consoles. It would kick up the intensity 10 fold!

And thanks for all of the hard work, I know it's been long road, but I can see you guys are trying!
  • Noodlesocks
    2884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

-Braddock512-
    Honestly the whole first sector could do with being removed and have it as the German spawn.

As it is now there's no cover from the German spawn to A and there's no cover at A except for the house itself.  The defenders are given far too much leeway when it comes to out of bounds. Had some earlier spawn camping the half track. They were so close they could probably have just walked in and stolen the vehicle from the spawn. Could do with defender OOB being pushed back a lot more.

The capture area could be made bigger or there could be two flags instead of the one to split the defenders up but the sector will still suffer from the same problems with the lack of cover from spawn to the capture zone. Honestly do think the best thing for the map on breakthrough would be to remove the first sector entirely.

Can't comment on anything after the second sector because I've never once seen a match go past it and I haven't even had the opportunity to test the second sector since the recent changes because most games end at the first sector.
  • ChickenTheTank
    335 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    (Quote)

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 Unrelated to Marita breakthrough, but I've wanted a way to ask the devs something for a while?...

Could you ask them to look into adding a "Request Reconnaissance" option on the comoros? I don't normally play recon, and as a squad leader I very often wish I could get a spotting flare up in the air before I drop our artillery.

Recon could get bonus points if their spotting flare goes over the requestor.
  • immigrants
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    thanks for the update, now i crash to desktop after 3 mins of playing ... was playing just fine last few days and ... this update broke my setup.

• Braddock512
    thanks for the update, now i crash to desktop after 3 mins of playing ... was playing just fine last few days and ... this update broke my setup.

Contact EA Help to troubleshoot, but make sure you have the latest drivers and Windows Updates. 

-Braddock512-
  • ElliotLH
    8391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    (Quote)

Honestly the whole first sector could do with being removed and have it as the German spawn. As it is now there's no cover from the German spawn to A and there's no cover at A except for the house itself.  The defenders are given far too much leeway when it comes to out of bounds. Had some earlier spawn camping the half track. They were so close they could probably have just walked in and stolen the vehicle from the spawn. Could do with defender OOB being pushed back a lot more.
     The capture area could be made bigger or there could be two flags instead of the one to split the defenders up but the sector will still suffer from the same problems with the lack of cover from spawn to the capture zone. Honestly do think the best thing for the map on breakthrough would be to remove the first sector entirely.
     Can't comment on anything after the second sector because I've never once seen a match go past it and I haven't even had the opportunity to test the second sector since the recent changes because most games end at the first sector.

It's interesting how differently games play out for different people. I have the exact opposite experience to you on Marita usually with the first sector taken quickly and the stall happening on the second one. Not saying you're wrong, as that's your experience, just to clarify.

The second sector seems to have improved with the placement of B flag being moved. However there is still a noticeable problem of people not pushing the flags as they're too busy fighting in the houses in front of the flag or 'sniping' from the previous sector.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    bfv-chapter4-luftfaust.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Yay, MANPADS! I can taste the salt already. :yum:

Unlocked if the community gets 100,000,000 kills or assists, not much chance of that then as there are only about 5 players still playing.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 Not related to Marita, but a suggestion I would love you to share with the dev team would be a mechanic for Team voice chat. Something like proxy chat or squad lead chat. Maybe a commo rose voice option you would have to hold to speak to the entire team.

This would shine for RSP in chapter 5, especially for clans, Mic only servers, and it would help even more for consoles. It would kick up the intensity 10 fold!

And thanks for all of the hard work, I know it's been long road, but I can see you guys are trying!
    That would work if everyone is in game chat. But some clans do use party chat.  Unless they patch it to force you to use game chat.
  • johnkapa1
    218 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 ;  i know you can say what date exactly but is Chapter 5 coming in November? December? 
  • ForbidRhyme
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That would work if everyone is in game chat. But some clans do use party chat.  Unless they patch it to force you to use game chat.

That's true. But I would hope they would be motivated to use game chat if the mechanic existed. They have to use party chat or they wouldn't be able to communicate otherwise.
  • Abrakabrra
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Where is the al-sundan map?
  • lordmcvac
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512  the choke point in Marita between B and C objectives in conquest mode is making it really difficult to play the map - either one team gets stuck there or gets completely overwhelmed and cannot return from being pressured at those points. Is there any plans on expanding that area or any other solutions? Furthermore, the visibility issues across the maps (especially Devastation, Rotterdam and Twisted Steel) are really being exploited and are there any news on that front as well? Plus, is there a plan to cut down the exploitation of spawn kills and E objective spawn kills on Fjell and stopping players from climbing areas which are not in the playable zone and maybe spreading the reach to the base as players camp from objectives B and D and are unreachable? More than a few players hate that map with their very soul so it would be great if some work can be done around those.
    Some players are still silhouettes while playing (PS4 platform), hand guns kill players faster that some SMG's, shotguns have a one shot kill reach beyond the range which they should and it's just ridiculous (in my opinion) that some planes and tanks are done with one shot with Panzerfaust whilst others are like fortresses and are close to impenetrable. But that's just me and my squad members observations until now.