Weekly Debrief

Tired of performance issues. RTX 2080 = 45fps under DX11 or +100 and Stuttering under DX12.

wildguy90
21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited October 4
Hi,

I'm so tired fighting with this issue. I left the game months ago because the stuttering, that appeared and disappeared for phases/patches, I don't know... but I wanted to try again now, and I've tried a lot of potential fixes without success.
Updated: On BF1 same happens, with the only difference that even under DX12, FPS don't goes above 60.

My specs:
Ram: G Skill 32GB 3200mhz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600x. Driver updated days ago.
GPU: Gygabite RTX 2080 gamming OC. Last drivers.
Monitor: LG 32gk850f with Freesync ON and working.
PSU: Corsair RM 750X
Windows version: 1903  (last update)
Motherboard: Asus x470 prime. With last BIOS.

Then in the game:

According to MSI Afterburner:
Under DX11 GPU usage it's under 50%, and CPU usage under a similar percentage.
Under DX12 GPU usage varies from 85 to 9x% and CPU usage never reach 99% as it happened on BF1 with my old 3570K, which caused stuttering.

Temps are just fine, GPU never goes above 65º and CPU never above 75º

I've tried all sort of combinations between pre rendered frames - capping fps - vsync on/off - all sort of graphics level - post processing options on/off - RTX, at all levels of detail, ON/OFF - resolution scale from 50 to 200%... it doesn't matter, same result.

Also tried:

With MSI Afterburner on/off.

ISLC, but seems having no effect (I guess it has no point with 32GB of ram, I'm right?)

Origin in the game Off.

"Overclocking" the CPU by setting precision boost on max -200mhz max, and won't underclocking under 80º- and setting all those voltage options in extreme/130% etc, with no effect.

Setting GPU max power at 120% on MSI Afterburner.

Underclocking the GPU clock, and memory, by 500mhz, I guess it was.

Cleaning Origin cache by deleting all those folders on Local, Roaming, as the tutorial said. And also deleting BFV preferences on my documents. No effect.

Uninstalling -with DDU- and reinstalling GPU drivers.

Setting some options on NVIDIA control panel as I've read on other posts.

I tried other Display ports.

I should say that I've suffered micro stutters on COD MW beta -less than on BFV- and Insurgency 2 too. Other games like For Honor, GTA V, AC Odissey, BF4 or The Witcher 3 runs just fine.
Funny thing is that months ago, with my "old" Vega 56, BFV worked fine, at 85fps max. But I fell into the trap of DLSS and bought this 2080 and sold the Vega... I don't know if from that point some patch screwed up the game, or indeed the problem is the RTX 2080. Before I left the game a few months ago, I was able to play without stuttering, under DX11 and at +100FPS, even with the RTX, for some time... then stuttering came back.

So, I'm totally lost about what's the problem and what else I can try to fix it. Hope somebody can help, but I have no much hope after reading lots of posts about this stuttering problem. I guess fixing the low FPS and GPU/CPU usage under DX11 is the best path to follow here.

Regards.

Post edited by wildguy90 on

Comments

• Jinko_itx
    721 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    in your options, GPU restricted memory being off causes microstuttering, turn it on, and is your render scale at 100%? sometimes after an update, it will go to 200%
  • wildguy90
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for your help :)

Yeah, I forgot to put in the list the GPU restricted mnemory option, but I've tried lots of times switching it ON/OFF with no result. Also, I'm always looking at options trying to find the key to fix this, and scale remains at 100, but I changed it up and down, with no effect.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2
    Had the same problem.
    Turning vsync off and fps 120 didnt make any difference. It was still caped at 60.
    Only when I inserted GameTime.Maxvariablefps 90 in the user.cfg did I get more than 60fps.
    It makes no sence but it worked for me
  • Driller_au
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fix-game-stutter-on-win-10-1703-1809.420251/

Read from page 36 of this thread in particular posts from "mico" about windows exploit protection , i would try it just to see if it fixes your problem you can always revert back if it doesn't  i will leave it up to you if you want to use it permanently 
  • wildguy90
    SirBobdk said:
    Had the same problem.
    Turning vsync off and fps 120 didnt make any difference. It was still caped at 60.
    Only when I inserted GameTime.Maxvariablefps 90 in the user.cfg did I get more than 60fps.
    Sadly had no effect that command. Still low GPU/CPU usage and no more than 60fps.

• wildguy90
    In addition, now even under DX12 appears this low usage/FPS problem lol, two days ago I was reaching +110 FPS under DX12 -with stuttering ofc-, now don't goes above 80.. and usually are lower.

• wildguy90
    wildguy90 said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Had the same problem.
    Sadly had no effect that command. Still low GPU/CPU usage and no more than 60fps.

Well, when I get some time I should try this. But the problem seems related to the game itself, because all the other games runs fine... Thanks!

• wildguy90
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/fix-game-stutter-on-win-10-1703-1809.420251/

Read from page 36 of this thread in particular posts from "mico" about windows exploit protection , i would try it just to see if it fixes your problem you can always revert back if it doesn't  i will leave it up to you if you want to use it permanently 
    Well, when I get some time I should try this. But the problem seems related to the game itself, because all the other games runs fine... Thanks!
  • 5hadyBrady
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My advice would be to stop playing. I play this game like once a month now, and every time I return I run into a stream of major problems. When I played Battlefield 1, it was pretty rare for me to log in, play some matches and leave frustrated because of game or performance problems. Fast forward to BF5, and I have never once left the game without logging in to the forums to report a variety of problems. You have to stop playing the game if you want them to fix it. If people keep showing up to play, this confirms that consumers like what they're doing. Which means they will continue doing the same thing. When in reality the vast majority of the community are extraordinarily unhappy with the game, but still play it because they're fans of the franchise. I know this because every single server is also a chat-room where players complain to each other about how bad the game is. They don't even argue with each other either. It's the one thing they're all in agreement about, yet continue to return to. I'll never understand that. I could understand returning after an update to look for progress, but I don't understand returning to a broken game daily.
  • duendemago
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine this, a big company with lots of many make a product but you, the user has to figure why the product is not working. You are so in love with that product that you are willing to make anything to make it work, even study a little more about your equipment, why not!

Well, the company is EA, the product BF series. The equipment is your PC. Have you ever think that maybe this game is bad optimized for some reason devs havent openly explained to the public? Could it be that the game was developed wiht a pretty new technology devoted to RTX hardware and they didn have the time to really test all this issues and now we are beta testers but it happens that we have paid for the game, so all this year is a beta testing period with sponsorhip from the devoted fans?

Maybe Im crazy but please, change my mind. 
  • g0merpile
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If the game was badly optimized every pc user playing this game would have the stutters, I did have stutters only once after a new patch for the ongoing spectre and meltdown patch. I read the MS updates, and if there is any multi channel scripting taking place, its a no go for that update. The new line of processors this issue will be fixed.
    I have noticed everytime a new ms patch has the multi channel blocking involved, one more important driver feature is broken, With a new patch a month ago,  it broke Gforce experience. Update tus is comming so time will tell what else MS broke. The only thing EA is responsible for is the horrible texture processing, and other game glinches.
  • wildguy90
    edited October 6
    Everytime I try the game, it works worst and worst :lol: this game it's a total joke...

Under DX11. First one has supersampling/DSR ON:

As you can see CPU usage it's extremely low on all cores, so, how can be causing some kind of bottleneck?

I just played a game under DX12, less stuttering but still, even so it was playable, 60-70fps, lol. It's delirious.

• off3nc3
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    Don't bother trying to figure out the FPS problem , it's entirely the game and the updates brake them even more im speaking in the name of an i9 5ghz and rtx 2080ti super OC'd . If you want frames , stability , good netcode you won't find it here :)
  • Nutcrusherr
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    I guess i'm the only one who doesnt get all these fps problems... :neutral:
    If anyone wonders i'm playing with dx12, high preset. 1080p but res scale is 133% (2k-ish)
    120-144 fps. On metro it can go down to 110ish.
  • wildguy90
    I guess i'm the only one who doesnt get all these fps problems... :neutral:
    If anyone wonders i'm playing with dx12, high preset. 1080p but res scale is 133% (2k-ish)
    120-144 fps. On metro it can go down to 110ish.

Specs?
  • wildguy90
    edited October 6
    off3nc3 said:
    Don't bother trying to figure out the FPS problem , it's entirely the game and the updates brake them even more im speaking in the name of an i9 5ghz and rtx 2080ti super OC'd . If you want frames , stability , good netcode you won't find it here :)
    It's shocking a triple A working like [removed] after a year of his release... DICE/EA might be aware of all these problems, and seems they do nothing but make it worse with each patch (or map, Metro it's a great map, the best of the new ones, but everybody's claiming about the performance hit on it) instead of work on fix it. And if this stuttering problem, which many players have suffered and continue to suffer, wasn't the problem of the game itself, but on the MS side or whatever, in my opinion they are who should investigate and offer a solution to his clients, but there's only silence, as if it didn't exist.
    I'll think it over before buy another BF until it's clearly playable.

[mod edit : do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filter as doing so violates the forum rules]

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • wildguy90
    That said, I made it playable with some tweaks on the Nvidia control panel as it's adviced here:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/dck75x/help_been_having_this_low_fps_issue_for_months/

Basically I still suffer of stuttering, but a lot less than before, and FPS doesn't go up 9x. This under DX12, later I'll try with DX11, and also to switch some of those options on the Nvidia control panel.

• wildguy90
    edited October 6
    Fail
  • wildguy90
    g0merpile said:
    If the game was badly optimized every pc user playing this game would have the stutters, I did have stutters only once after a new patch for the ongoing spectre and meltdown patch. I read the MS updates, and if there is any multi channel scripting taking place, its a no go for that update. The new line of processors this issue will be fixed.
    I have noticed everytime a new ms patch has the multi channel blocking involved, one more important driver feature is broken, With a new patch a month ago,  it broke Gforce experience. Update tus is comming so time will tell what else MS broke. The only thing EA is responsible for is the horrible texture processing, and other game glinches.
    Sorry, I'm not an english native speaker, so, I don't know what do you mean by "multi channel", it's about the ram?
  • Nutcrusherr
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wildguy90 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Specs?

Right there in my signiture but here you go:
    I7 8700 - 16gb ram - 2070.
    Game is on simple ssd.