[Megathread] Battlefield 1 and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Live admin and actually follow up on reports.

EA should pay for people to actually monitor games/servers.  They can afford it.

I get the feeling when I spectate, record and report players that are obviously cheating my report is ignored.
    I have my email contact information listed in my server description. Unfortunately more people don't take advantage of it and contact me directly with suspected cheater reports. EA doesn't pay attention to the reports submitted by players. Its just one big black hole. 
  • Trackball_Dude
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vote with a wallet. I'm done. This is the last battlefield for me, unless they put end to cheating. What is the point of buying a product that you can't use or it's just a miserable playing experience. 
    If EA ain't gonna do nothing about this plague, why don't they just give admin rights to some players? Record hackers game play and give them permanent ban, if they whine, show them the video clip. I will do it for free. 
  • 19mzrf03
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please; only add a "vote kick" for all servers. It is enough.
  • OskooI_007
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheating has gotten so much worse. I'm running into cheats in over 50% of servers. Seeing the same rage aimbotters week after week.

Cheaters are running circles around EA's anti-cheat department.

It's going to be a long year waiting for PlayStation 5 to drop in 2020.
  • The_old_Bones
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    19mzrf03 said:
    Please; only add a "vote kick" for all servers. It is enough.

Nope.
    The vote kick will be abused to kick scout, pilots, tankers .. all other classes than assault class.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Live moderators, volunteers picked from the active playerbase is probably the only robust way to combat cheating. Look at RSP servers, those are well moderated and are likely 100% cheater-free, however for whatever reason, we cannot rent our own Operations for example, arguably the best gamemode in the whole of BF1, also happens to be probably 2nd more popular. Can you give me one good reason we cannot rent Operations? Can you imagine a player-moderated Operations server, how great that would be?

I have actually sent a letter to EA Support on 27th September and they did reply the same day they will forward my concerns to the studio team and seeing threads like this open up really warmed my heart because it gives me just a tiny slither of hope this great game can still be saved for years to come, because without a doubt it's my favourite game of all time.
    I've also tried to contact a Community Manager here, earlier at these very forums, no dice.

So just to quickly summarise my suggestions:

1. Volunteer Official server moderators.
    2. A Report Thread here at the forums, where people will be allowed to report cheaters with evidence; YouTube footage of hacking etc. These reports will be swiftly acted upon by an Admin etc.
    3. Er... Update FF?

See, I don't really even consider beefing up anti-cheat software an option, because first of all that will mean EA making people at FF probably work more than their contract described, that will just not happen, secondly, no anti-cheat software was ever perfect in BF realm anyway... Cheaters plagued BF3 and BF4 and the only way there are still active communities in those games is people, long time players, spending their own money and time to finance and moderate a server in their favourite game. Not PunkBuster, not FF, not some other fancy algorithm that is supposed to automate everything, but real people's willingness to spend their time and money to create a better experience for everyone.

• Kunstula
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Anonymous source: they found a way to bypass the aimbot detection since last month.
    I don't know if it's true, but it would certainly explain the strong increase in obvious aimbotters succesfully avoiding detection.
  • Flyjetandkill
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    - Hardware bans would help.After they get caught the first time cheating, the hardware should be banned permanently.
    -Giving Admins the option to hardwareban or IP Ban a player.
    -Account bans are not effective because they ususally create a new account and buy the game or CDkey again.
    -Client Anticheat besides Fairfight running in the background (Easyanticheat).
    -Active Admins on DICE Official servers
    Forcing 2step verification for all Origin accounts would help too,i have seen some forums where hackers share thousands of origin accounts with working usernames and passwords.
    Actually  Battlefield 1 needs an update to atleast counter the eliteclass hacks and invisiblity cheats and reviving the whole team hacks.
    And the banlist shouldn't be limited to 100 bans,it fills up very quick with cheaters if you own a private server.

• Jack_Kirchner
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula said:
    Anonymous source: they found a way to bypass the aimbot detection since last month.
    I don't know if it's true, but it would certainly explain the strong increase in obvious aimbotters succesfully avoiding detection.

I think you are right on that one. Last few days playing Operations was almost impossible. Cheaters with  KD 321:0 and  these guys are still playing as if totally undetected
  • sniperwinston1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    hi all well it is dice fault we have all the hackers on bf1 i payed a lot of money for this game like lots of you and dice sell this game for $5 all over the place but in England it was still £69 to buy it dice have caused this problem by selling bf1 for $5 and look at bf5 hacker heaven bf1 is the best shooter game out there and dice have let it go cause of bf5 and bf5 is the worst bf game out there dice need to learn a lesson don't sell a great game for $5 all the hackers i have reported in the last mth are still playing so dice dont give a **** about what we think never will money talks ay dice  :/  i will never buy a game that dice have ever had to do with  :)  
  • OskooI_007
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Wow, cheating in BF1 was horrible Sunday night. I ran into 3 rage aimbotters in just a couple of hours. One was aimbotting in an airplane. Lol

Maybe I'll give CoD Modern Warfare 2019 a try.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • dynatier
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    if they dont do something they can say goodbye to their franchise
  • -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dynatier said:
    if they dont do something they can say goodbye to their franchise
    They'll just say goodbye to supporting the PC platform, which doesn't bring in as much money as consoles.  
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    Guy I reported probably a couple of weeks ago just joined one of 2 full Operations servers and ruined it. There is something that I needed cleared up that I just can't put together: So you are told to report cheaters by going to their Origin profile / Report etc, but when you speak to EA Support Service, they pretty much state up front that basically they have no power to do anything. So where do these reports go then if not to that very Support? Who is actually in charge of QA? Does it say anywhere on the store page; warning there will be cheaters and we won't do anything about it? 
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Guy I reported probably a couple of weeks ago just joined one of 2 full Operations servers and ruined it. There is something that I needed cleared up that I just can't put together: So you are told to report cheaters by going to their Origin profile / Report etc, but when you speak to EA Support Service, they pretty much state up front that basically they have no power to do anything. So where do these reports go then if not to that very Support? Who is actually in charge of QA? Does it say anywhere on the store page; warning there will be cheaters and we won't do anything about it? 
    Reports people submit are received by EA Support. That much you can guarantee.

Whether they choose to act on it or ignore it is an entirely different question.
  • Jack_Kirchner
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have given up on reporting since nothing gets done and I see the same cheaters still cheating, specially on Operation servers. 
  • ValenDrax
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 1 is by far the most fun and satisfactory experience i've had over the last few years - and i have to point out that i'm a singleplayer-gamer-guy, i really hate the majority of online multiplayer games and online gamers (many examples of "great game, shtty community" out there) and as being someone who achieved more than half in-game; this game severely lacks a balancing system where pro-level gamers and newbies play on the same server/map so it's inevitable for low-skilled players to blame skilled ones with cheating. I'm quite convinced that the 80 percent of cheat reports are false-alarms where a 40-2 k/d looks like cheating but actually it's because other players' lack of skill. So leveled maps/servers are a necessity. DICE has the opportunity to hit two birds with that stone: as cheaters are usually low-skilled players, they would most likely be stuck on low-level servers - and if you have absolutely no means to prevent cheating software-wise - i guess it's better than nothing.

I personally love this game - i visited almost everywhere around Gallipoli and Dardanelles coast (being a Turkish guy myself) and fascinated with the level of detail and historical accuracy featured in the game regarding real locations. I find it so sad that such an extraordinary effort is shadowed by a few spineless cheaters.
  • SteelHooves_MLP
    I would just like to remind the staff that this Megathread is only ever going to be as "Mega" as the resulting action taken against cheaters. Opinions have been aired, many intersect, now is the time to push any leverage available to get something actually done.
  • gptt916
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just got back to playing the game, community servers are pretty much the only viable option at this point, it really would be nice to be able to play on official servers without running into cheaters every single game...
  • HuwJarz
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Who made the games? Who runs the servers? Who is responsible for it all?? EA and DICE......Yet you seem to imply that I am being foolish or some sort of crybaby.
    Obviously, you understand **** all. It's their responsibility to ensure the safety, protection and stability within their communities and games. As far as I see it, they don't and never will. I just wanted to let off some steam, even though I know it's of no effect. Never has been, never will be. But at least I will tiny bit better.

I think you missed my point........probably because you were busy acting like a teenager. Not happy, sure - we got that. None of us are, but you don't make the point more effectively by using all those expletives and making a personal attack on @EA_Tom. You just come across as a screaming 12 year old.