[Megathread] Battlefield 1 and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Jack_Kirchner
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As frustrating as it situation is hardly going to change and purpose of this thread is indeed for people to let off steam like. After nearly a month one would expect Tom or someone else from EA to post reply
  • HuwJarz
    4022 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure that swearing and telling people to EFF off directly is going to encourage anything except a forum ban. 

A agree that the communication is poor, there seems to be no plan and the community are frustrated, but that post is indecent and needlessly offensive. 
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    As frustrating as it situation is hardly going to change and purpose of this thread is indeed for people to let off steam like. After nearly a month one would expect Tom or someone else from EA to post reply
    Lol. 

The purpose of this thread was never to actually address or do anything about the issue of cheating but rather to provide singular thread for people to express their frustrations with cheaters or cheating in general so the forums aren't flooded with cheat threads. 

The relatively small size of the PC population compared to the combined Xbox and Playstation community means it isn't worth the investment to solve the issue of cheating. I have no doubts that EA would sooner drop the entire PC platform than actually addressing the cheating problem with a serious, zero-tolerance attitude. 

If by some magical force were aimbots and other blatant cheats came to consoles, EA would probably do something because (whether you like or not) that's where the majority of the playerbase is, on consoles. 

The irony of this situation is that EA can't even enforce its own Terms of Service adequately which is very embarrassing for a multi-BILLION dollar corporation:

- EA expects players to be respectful and demonstrate good sportsmanship and not cheat in their games. Fair enough.

- But simultaneously, we as players of EA's games also have an expectation for EA to take action against those players who aren't respect and don't demonstrate good sportsmanship by cheating in-game. 

It's a mutual agreement; if one side loses, we all lose.
  • o5x5o
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Many good points here. I have played the bf franchise ever since it started. Based on several issues, including the level of hacking, I have given up the franchise, stopping now at bf1. I am looking for something else to play. 

I also find that bf1 has recently become dramatically more rampant with hackers, but there is also another more subtle issue, which Dice/EA either has missed, or is deliberately avoiding.  If they really cared, I believe Dice/EA should spend a decent amount of time  correlating 100 weapon star owners with time played.  

Has anyone else noticed how many players have 100 weapon stars for many, if not all weapons? Do you really think, even after three plus years of playing bf1, that a player can get 100 weapon stars (10,000 kills) with an AA gun, or a grenade, especially already with multiple 100 weapon star weapons?  Personally, I find it hard to believe.  Dice/EA should  correlate 100 weapon star owners, with time played,  I think off correlation players would stand out easily. Of course, if anyone at Dice/EA took statistics, and cared, and really started looking at  players data, there are many powerful statistical  methods to slice data to draw out likely hacking, or those who have hacked. What I suspect quite a few players did or are doing, is using hacks judiciously, to gain high weapon status. Some also may have paid others to boost their scores, whether legitimately or by hacking.  Once the players have achieved high weapon status, there is little reason to hack. The firepower and ability to automatically know where lower weapon star players are,  gives them a huge edge over the rest of us. 

It was a dumb mistake in the first place to give the extra boosts with weapon use, but that is another issue.
  • OskooI_007
    1069 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never seen a rage cheater get banned due to video evidence.
  • Antimonotony
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So what we can do as regular players? Spam videos proofs until EA does something looks like the best shot. If they don't do anything, at least we showed the world and potential new players how we are treated. It will backfire them sooner or later.
  • Titan_Awaken
    805 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So what we can do as regular players? Spam videos proofs until EA does something looks like the best shot. If they don't do anything, at least we showed the world and potential new players how we are treated. It will backfire them sooner or later.
    Well EA certainly doesn't give two cents what you think or have to say so there's only one thing left for you to do as an unhappy customer: Stop spending money and purchasing their products. Don't let them see a single cent of your wallet.
  • IIPrest0nII
    2038 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hi all,

I've cleaned this thread, removed some comments that violated the forum rules. Original post clearly says to not name and shame and be constructive on the forums.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/194733/megathread-battlefield-1-and-cheating-discussion/p1

If you can't follow these simply rules, please do not post then, otherwise we'll have to take actions.

Thank you for understanding!
  • HyLite
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a whole lot more than a negative impact.
    Here are my thoughts:
    You (EA) make this a priority with your legal staff. It's time to make them earn that retainer. At the next staff meeting 
    instruct your office staff to put this subject at or near the top of the agenda. Not down at the bottom where there's never time to get to it. 
    You propose that EA lawyers track the money. Buy a cheat or two and see who cashes the check then start hitting hard with law suites, cort orders,
    whatever it takes to run them out of business. If you gotta change your TOS to do it.
    ..... Or not! 
  • -sSadiXx-
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The fact is, I you had at least an anti cheat system based on stats and on abilities.... the problem would have less impact on players game experience.
    It's not like it was hard to put in place... So I don't understand^^ 
  • Titan_Awaken
    -sSadiXx- said:
    The fact is, I you had at least an anti cheat system based on stats and on abilities.... the problem would have less impact on players game experience.
    It's not like it was hard to put in place... So I don't understand^^ 
    They don't do pure stat based bans because of false positives. I think(?) the old Punkbuster AC used stat bans but Fairfight (the one in BF1) does not. 
  • KC_zootopia
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What happened to the killcam? (like in COD, where you see through the eyes of the killer). The killcam was excellent at determining who was using wallhack or aimbots, etc. Other games handle cheating well, like Counter-Strike, Quake, etc. What about using Punkbuster again with the screenshot facility?

• LOLGotYerTags
    13626 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I feel I should not have to state the obvious but here I am stating the obvious.

If anybody in this thread links to cheat forums or cheat distributors they will be faced with an immediate 1 to 3 month suspension even if the intention is sincere.

Doing so is a violation not just of the forum rules but also of the EA terms of service.

And dont think you can name and shame either,  as this also violates both rule sets.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section6

• jackbrimstone
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To the moderators....

Can you not see the irony in the fact that you will ban a person for naming a cheater and providing evidence of his cheating, or showing you where the cheats can be obtained from, yet the cheaters have been in game now for over a month, and not banned?
  • eggfarts1220
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I see a cheater every other day in this game. I have reported these scumbags over and over and over! And they return again and again and again. Let me say this! EA does not care about you being ripped off of fair play in their games! They only want to take your money and run! EA\Dice has lost all credibility  and their reputation is really bad as a game developing company.  Do not buy anything these people put out! They have had every opportunity to listen to it's loyal customers about what the y want in a game and they turned a deaf ear and did what the wanted.  BAD BUSINESS MODEL!  
  • 1Tdwilliams
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello Tom,I am a BF 1 player.
    Lately almost every server i join have a cheater in it.Yes we can report cheaters but i don't think EA does read the reports because some cheaters are playing for weeks.Some cheaters are on the main chat and telling where you can download the cheats they are using.Wallhack, invisible, aimbot ,teleport revive there was even a player who made knife and grenade kills with a tank.
    What can be done to combat it you ask.
    How hard is it to update fairfight?If you see a medic with a spotting flare to call in a bombardment you know it's a cheater, some goes for the assault and support classes.Also, there are K/D ratios of 250/2 or even more than 300 kills. If a player makes more than 20 headshots in 30 seconds Fairfight thinks that it is a good player.
    What i DON'T  want  is a votekick option.Most of the players just use it to kick a player who doesn't play like they want.They will votekick snipers or pilots or good tankers because they only want assault class.
    Do not forget.
    BF1 is without the cheaters THE BEST GAME EVER MADE.
    Greets,The_Old_Bones.

You can't really cheat in bf1 really on a Xbox or PS4 the only thing you can do is get a mod for Auto Spot Drop shots stuff like that all the invisible is a glitch I run into that quite often
  • ChrisRG2000
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I've recently re-installed BF1 on PC and I live in SEA so I had to pick the closest server which is Asia.

And they are filled with cheaters.

The cheats I've seen are:
    -Invisible model with only the weapons floating

-Auto-aim 

-Single shot kill

Been reporting them but it seems that the system does nothing and let them continue playing even to the following rounds.

And the rules are against calling out players/suspected cheaters when it is obvious.

95% of the matches I've played in has cheaters on both sides and system seems to not doing anything.

One player even openly admitting that he/she has 20 accounts and taunting for reporting.

My concerns are there is a need to bust these cheaters out because I'm not enjoying the game experience, and that one even said that they have 20 accounts is a huge concern to me, if they get banned they will just use the other one to ruin fun for players like me.

• -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I've recently re-installed BF1 on PC and I live in SEA so I had to pick the closest server which is Asia.

And they are filled with cheaters.

The closest PC server to you is FragShack which is located on the west coast.  Are you not seeing it in your browser?
  • Fugitive5555
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Live admin and actually follow up on reports.

EA should pay for people to actually monitor games/servers.  They can afford it.

I get the feeling when I spectate, record and report players that are obviously cheating my report is ignored.
    I have my email contact information listed in my server description. Unfortunately more people don't take advantage of it and contact me directly with suspected cheater reports. EA doesn't pay attention to the reports submitted by players. Its just one big black hole. 
    The cheating in asian Battlefield 1 servers is literally in every server, LITERALLY IN EVERY SERVER U GO INTO, guys with invisible players and aimbot roaming around with 130 kills and 4 deaths, it's very very painful that i had to uninstall the game today, i love the game so much it is a beautiful game, i always play it after a long day getting home all excited booting up my pc, but then again it's ruined by some chinese hackers, i dont get why EA never put any sort of countermeasures in this game, fairfight is outdated, so i figured, "ill spectate these hackers and report to EA", oh boy was i wrong, reported 7 DIFFERENT HACKERS TO EA AND I HAVE VIDEO PROOF OF THEM BLATANTLY HACKING IN THE GAME, AFTER WEEKS AND WEEKS, I GET ABSOLUTELY NO REPLY FROM THEM AND THE HACKERS ARE STILL ROAMING FREE IN THE GAME, the hacking is so bad that usually it's hackers vs hackers in a game, like 2 hackers v 3 hackers, i have a video proof of some hacker getting blasted in the head from across the map by another hacker, these guys are disgusting, and yet the devs arent doing anything about it, EA keeps this up and battlefield 1 is soon going to be dead (very little populated servers now in bf1,because of the recent spike in hackers in game) and battlefield 5 will be soon dead too and into the next game and so on and so on, this made me realize how much better ubisoft take action against hackers, im an avid rainbow six siege player and yes there's occasionaly some hacking here and there, but that changed after ubisoft announced that they will take LEGAL ACTIONS towards hacking, they dedicated a whole team to investigate ddos issues and cheating issues and it worked really well, the community loved it, everyone loved it!, so please EA and DICE take action against these awful cheaters.
  • WetFishDB
    2128 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m a little interested in feedback from the people posting here.  Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  The forum moderators know it’s rampant (hence aggregating the thread here and on BFV section etc).  I’m pretty sure that Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  We also know that Dice does very little to deal with it effectively, especially now this game is pretty much out of support - there’s just as much problem with BFV it seems and not being addressed there either...

So what are you all  hoping to achieve by posting on here?  Is it just to vent?