[Megathread] Battlefield 1 and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• PackersDK
    790 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WetFishDB said:
    I’m a little interested in feedback from the people posting here.  Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  The forum moderators know it’s rampant (hence aggregating the thread here and on BFV section etc).  I’m pretty sure that Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  We also know that Dice does very little to deal with it effectively, especially now this game is pretty much out of support - there’s just as much problem with BFV it seems and not being addressed there either...

So what are you all  hoping to achieve by posting on here?  Is it just to vent?
    I does seem rather pointless. But on the other hand; imagine Dice waking up one morning and seeing no hacker complaints on any online media. Nor does any seemingly appear again.

Not only would that absolutely guarantee nothing will happen in BF1/BFV but might give them the illusion that players are fine with the current state of their games and do nothing for future games. Because why not? Noone is complaining.

Complaining keeps up pressure and if nothing else, it’s really bad for their image. 

As a PS4 player I say; keep up complaining and making noise about it!
  • WetFishDB
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    WetFishDB said:
    I’m a little interested in feedback from the people posting here.  Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  The forum moderators know it’s rampant (hence aggregating the thread here and on BFV section etc).  I’m pretty sure that Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  We also know that Dice does very little to deal with it effectively, especially now this game is pretty much out of support - there’s just as much problem with BFV it seems and not being addressed there either...

So what are you all  hoping to achieve by posting on here?  Is it just to vent?
    I does seem rather pointless. But on the other hand; imagine Dice waking up one morning and seeing no hacker complaints on any online media. Nor does any seemingly appear again.

Not only would that absolutely guarantee nothing will happen in BF1/BFV but might give them the illusion that players are fine with the current state of their games and do nothing for future games. Because why not? Noone is complaining.

Complaining keeps up pressure and if nothing else, it’s really bad for their image. 

As a PS4 player I say; keep up complaining and making noise about it!
    I guess the challenge is that Noise means that people still care.   All the time the masses are whinging about it (and rightly so BTW) it means that they are still there playing, still loyal, still care.  If they suddenly got no whining about it, and people just avoided the game next time on PC - that would be far more effective a message IMHO.  At the moment these threads are nothing more than for people to vent on.  That's it.  And it just feels a little pointless.

And I tell you what, if it remains the same AND they force cross play between Console and PC on the next title - then I'm not buying it.  Not for one second.
  • ItsAGunshotWound
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's bad. Really bad. Completely **** terrible. It's literally so bad that I absolutely refuse to play on official servers. There's no chance that any admin is gonna help in pubs. I don't think there's been a single match I've played in the official servers on PC where there hasn't been a hacker.

They need to start cracking down on cheaters hard. Account suspensions, IP bans, that sort of thing. And seriously, FairFight isn't doing its job properly if it's only dealing with like 15 people every few hours. There are definitely more cheaters than that right now.
  • RelativeMadness
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So EATom starts a thread.  Imposes politically correct guidelines as to not shame the criminal.  Who by my definition, is a criminal.

I am confused.  You guys tell the players aka payers not to do anything rash against the player, but proven criminal.  And then do absolutely nothing.

Is it really that hard to implement a vote kick system like bf3 into a game?  Or have better software to detect cheats?  Or have more mods and admins?  Or be more on top of investigating reports?

Is this not your job?

No, this is your job, you're doing horribly at it.

I don't expect anyone to believe me when I say it, which is totally fine.  But years ago I joked that some companies purposely sabotaged the performance of older, cheaper products to entice people to buy new, more expensive stuff.

I can't help but judge the level of apathy and disregard for your customers and consequently think that these cheaters are encouraged, employed, or otherwise ignored by the authority in an attempt to get your customers to buy the next product.

BFV.  Which, from what I've seen and been told, tanked horribly.  

BV1 was an outstanding product.  But EA is only in it for the money.
  • WetFishDB
    2123 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So EATom starts a thread.  Imposes politically correct guidelines as to not shame the criminal.  Who by my definition, is a criminal.

I am confused.  You guys tell the players aka payers not to do anything rash against the player, but proven criminal.  And then do absolutely nothing.

Is it really that hard to implement a vote kick system like bf3 into a game?  Or have better software to detect cheats?  Or have more mods and admins?  Or be more on top of investigating reports?

Is this not your job?

No, this is your job, you're doing horribly at it.

I don't expect anyone to believe me when I say it, which is totally fine.  But years ago I joked that some companies purposely sabotaged the performance of older, cheaper products to entice people to buy new, more expensive stuff.

I can't help but judge the level of apathy and disregard for your customers and consequently think that these cheaters are encouraged, employed, or otherwise ignored by the authority in an attempt to get your customers to buy the next product.

BFV.  Which, from what I've seen and been told, tanked horribly.  

BV1 was an outstanding product.  But EA is only in it for the money.
    I get the frustration, but think you are wildly off on the comment about them purposely sabotaging BF1 (older product) to entice people to buy BFV (new product).  My reasoning?  As I understand it the anti-cheat is every bit as broken in that game.

Personally, I suspect Dice do want to address this, but there are just too many fires for them to fight at the moment.  They seem to be lacking in clear direction, just look at the BFV latest TTK debacle (carefully considered data and made changes, changed their mind and only implemented half of it).  The game has no identity, and I wonder if that comes from a lack of internal direction and vision.  And because there are so many problems wrong, they don’t have the resources to focus on anti-cheat properly.  That’s my guess anyway.
  • OskooI_007
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    Played BF1 tonight and there were so many aimbotters I lost count. PlayStation 5 can't get here soon enough. :yum:

I reported all of them, so DICE is going to have a stack of paperwork when they come in on Monday.
  • -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played BF1 tonight and there were so many aimbotters I lost count. PlayStation 5 can't get here soon enough. :yum:

I reported all of them, so DICE is going to have a stack of paperwork when they come in on Monday.
    EA would also need to develop their console game to have native mouse and keyboard support. I think that is a big decision for them due to it's likely effect on PC game sales.  
  • WetFishDB

EA would also need to develop their console game to have native mouse and keyboard support. I think that is a big decision for them due to it's likely effect on PC game sales.  
    I wonder if, in part, that is why the anti-cheat is so low a priority.  If they believe there is a chance that the next gen consoles steal a good portion of the PC player base with native KB/M support, then they may not bother with supporting PC on their next title perhaps.  And if it doesn’t steal the share, then they can start considering whether it has enough ROI to improve it.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Saw one CQ server with two rage cheaters the other day, but otherwise it has been quite good recently. A couple of absolutely ****-poor wallhackers, and a couple of habitual Domination cheaters. Had no issues finding clean servers for the past couple of weeks. Haven't seen a few well-known high rank cheaters in a quite a long time. I guess it's down to luck.
  • SquAdenn
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just want to reiterate what many have said before me. I'm a new player to this game, got around 60 hours. Everything was fine around 57hr mark of my playtime, after that, I've noticed a significant rise in amount of cheaters. Not even trying to hide it, just blatant hacking, most prominent being either invisibility cheat or aimbot. Instead of focusing on failed Battlefield 5, why not extend the support of Battlefield 1?
  • michaelyedinak
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I feel the cheating issue in BF1 is much worse than BFBC2, BF3 or BF4. The removal of many options with 3rd party servers had exacerbated the issue IE pluggins which people used for 3rd party cheat databases/banlists, vote to kick/ban and server reports to admins ect. Without these tools there is nothing we can do and someone can just run around with a magic bullet LMG going 80-2 the entire lobby knows he is hacking 5 people switch to spectator and watch him shoot into the air from his spawn and everyone just leaves because we can do nothing, because they removed that ability, I have to stalk server admins and get them to accept my friend requests so I can actually play this game when they are on. The statistical anti cheat "FAIR FIGHT" does not work effectively. Many learned real quick that they just need to train the aimbot to shoot them in the body instead occasionally and they are fine, but I have no idea how it doesn't catch someone who, 1: is invisible except for a floating knife 2: goes 100-0 with only melee 3: Uses the tank next round, Has aimbot, and when he kills you with tank shells it shows as "repair tool" from across the entire map. The man got like a 90 repair tool killstreak until the whole lobby left, many reported him, but without a ban database we have no idea if that does anything, and we are not notified, there is no feedback that reports do anything, which leads to people giving up. I have only seen a hacker banned once, only because the whole lobby insulted him till he went full rage mode with his hacks and got 400 kills all headshots and ate the ban for it. It is really saddening when an entire full 60 player server gives up and leaves because someone is cheating blatantly and NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I am sure the cheater gets a real kick out of killing a full server and making everyone just give up. GIVE US BACK THE TOOLS TO MANAGE THESE ISSUES IF YOU CANNOT.

Thank you.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2059 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Saw one CQ server with two rage cheaters the other day, but otherwise it has been quite good recently. A couple of absolutely ****-poor wallhackers, and a couple of habitual Domination cheaters. Had no issues finding clean servers for the past couple of weeks. Haven't seen a few well-known high rank cheaters in a quite a long time. I guess it's down to luck.

I take this back. In the last five days I've done some serious server hopping because of cheaters, and I've reported approximately twenty clear-cut cheaters in that time. It has never been this bad. Luck turned I guess.
  • OskooI_007
    1046 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    I find there's more cheaters on late at night. During the daytime there's more people playing which means more servers to choose from and less chance of running into cheaters.

At night when there's only five conquest servers, I run into cheaters all the time.

I'm just waiting for PlayStation 5 to come out. I would have upgraded my Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card by now, but I'm not investing any more money into PC gaming due to cheaters.

Especially if PlayStation 5 can do 120fps with FreeSync monitor support, plus has native mouse and keyboard.
  • uBcrawl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    just epic ...
  • -Antares65z
    1684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Especially if PlayStation 5 can do 120fps with FreeSync monitor support, plus has native mouse and keyboard.
    If the game doesn't have native mouse and keyboard support, then you'll have to use one of the XIM Apex's and to be honest, they aren't that great for those who have been using a M/K for years. 
  • Libertine79
    102 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If the game doesn't have native mouse and keyboard support, then you'll have to use one of the XIM Apex's and to be honest, they aren't that great for those who have been using a M/K for years. 
    word, i got a hori tac controller for PS4 but it still is extremely sluggish compared to PC M/K
  • IamNotThatWhichU
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2019
    OC servers have Admins on them. Perhaps someone could contact EA/Dice, to ask why EUR servers do not have the same luxury?
  • Kunstula
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2019
    Played a 7 TDM rounds, result: 2 cheaters caught. First one using a headshot aimbot, but he still sucked.
    Last round on Fao Fortress, a max rank cheater using a lewis gun. Aimbot, no spread hack in hipfire and damage hack.
    It's unbearable and rampant.
    Post edited by Kunstula on
  • HannoLO22
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2019
    what do you expect? battlefield 1 is an old game! time to move on! consume guys! open your pockets?!
  • disposalist
    8716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    HannoLO22 said:
    what do you expect? battlefield 1 is an old game! time to move on! consume guys! open your pockets?!
    Unfortunately BF5 sucks.

If they are going to continue to charge money for BF1 they should stop the cheating.

Having said that, the cheating is bad in BF5 so... they clearly just don't care.