[Megathread] Battlefield 1 and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• 287martin
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back punkbuster and third party rental servers. Cheating problem pretty much solved
  • TwelveArms
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2019
    We do understand encountering cheaters causes a negative impact on your gaming experience. We want to give you an opportunity to share your thoughts about cheating and what can be done to combat it.
    For starters, react to reports. It's a real shame that coming back to BF1 after a few months break I encountered a cheater reported by me and other players in summer.
    Post edited by TwelveArms on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    287martin said:
    Bring back punkbuster and third party rental servers. Cheating problem pretty much solved
    Evenbalance are not contracted to BFV,  So that probably won't happen.

Third party rental servers I agree on,  however there is community games as it stands.

You can at least run your own servers and kick the suspicious players out
  • Jack_Kirchner
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I take this back. In the last five days I've done some serious server hopping because of cheaters, and I've reported approximately twenty clear-cut cheaters in that time. It has never been this bad. Luck turned I guess.

Same here. Started playing after long break and cheater I have reported  at least 5 times in few months ago still playing with  KD ratio 102:2 on Rush . It seems nobody really looks at these reports 

• GorkyHUN
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LOLGotYerTags....
    You can delete my post. about a cheat. You could send a warning.
    It must be much easier than doing something against them :)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13859 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 1
    GorkyHUN said:
    LOLGotYerTags....
    You can delete my post. about a cheat. You could send a warning.
    It must be much easier than doing something against them :)
    Which I would gladly do,  IF I were able to.

Unfortunately my responsibilities do not extend further than the forum.

See my sig.

"BFV Volunteer Moderator : I do not represent EA or DICE"
  • HiredRanger
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    For the love of god.  Why is there not a way to block servers from showing up on your multiplayer list?   No matter the ping.  We all know servers which are safe havens for those that are using cheats of various sorts. When I find one and I leave, I want it gone from my list because I may not remember next time and I do not want to waste my time again.  There is a ''favourites''so why isnt there a blacklist?.  This would make sense for everyone. It essentially creates a blacklist on a greater scale that EA could look at as among those killing their intellectual property and endangering development of the series and would also allow a filter for ''safe'' servers that do not suck.

As server hosting is non rewarding these days in the way it used to be in BF of the past (I used to run them myself). Why not?.  I stopped paying for servers when BF1 came along because I was not a friendly home for friendly hackers so why would you not include this? At least we have the opportunity to become less disgruntled when we avoid them. I actually know some where people I know ARE taking advantage.  So I do not want to stumble on others that may not leave me alone.

I say this as someone that spent 1000s of Euros (sometimes a year) to provide a fair gaming space with active admins that would do a proper job of providing a fair place to play games.  It killed BFV, what more evidence do you want?
  • HiredRanger
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I take this back. In the last five days I've done some serious server hopping because of cheaters, and I've reported approximately twenty clear-cut cheaters in that time. It has never been this bad. Luck turned I guess.

Same here. Started playing after long break and cheater I have reported  at least 5 times in few months ago still playing with  KD ratio 102:2 on Rush . It seems nobody really looks at these reports 

Same. They are doing absolutely nothing.  EA are EA's intellectual properties worse enemy. Worse. I know for a fact he is hacking as I have literally stood behind him while he played.  Thank god he got bored with it.
  • Lifeisgoodyeah
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Is EA or Dice even doing something about cheating? I just refunded bfv because of this. I finally bought the game and there is a cheater on my first match going 200-8
  • RodDiamant
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Theres a site,idk if i can name it but is a popular hacking forum site where they share their exploits,glitches,hacking,programs,tutorials,etc... contacting google for their deletion,ban and sanction would be a good first step to combat this hacking/cheaters.
  • DoranBF4
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First official server I joined today had two players using the invisible hack. Only the weapon is visible and flying around on the map. No idea why this problem is not solved because it is known since month. Reports are intransparent and most of the time nothing happens. Reported cheaters are still there even after months.
    Only conclusion to EA sitting there and watching the situation instead of doing something for me is: DO NOT BUY THE NEXT EA TITLES. Pretty Easy!
  • OskooI_007
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 18
    Played 5 or so matches with two wallhackers tonight and didn't even know it until I spectated them. I suspected at least one of them was wallhacking, because a couple of times he ran right to me even though I had the anti-spot flare perk and I wasn't moving at all.

Can't wait for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X to come out. It's just not possible to have competitive games on PC.

I thought I was having a competitive game, but turns out I was playing against wallers.

Kind of makes me feel good though because I was scoring just as well as they were, despite their wallhack advantage. I must be a beast :smiley:
  • 287martin
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are other more competitive fps games on pc not riddled with cheaters they have 3rd party rental servers with admins where cheaters aren't tolerated. Don't punish yourself for EA/Dice failures punish them for it don't buy any battlefield games until there are robust tools in place to deal with cheaters on pc. BF1 was ruined by cheaters so I didn't buy BFV. Cheap anti cheat that doesn't work fast enough, no third party rental servers etc = no more battlefield for me
  • 19mzrf03
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What's the result? Any patch? Any ban?
  • GerocK-
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If a player is being reported for cheating. What is supposed to happen if the process went like it's supposed to? Will the report be investigated by a human employee of DICE? If so, what else does he look at besides the report? Can he re-watch the game in which the player was reported or does he only look at the player's stats and look for anomalies?
    -
    Either way one can assume that DICE receives countless reports every single day and I know for a fact that a lot of those reports are false. If human employees have to go through all reports then I'm not surprised nothing happens.
  • disposalist
    8768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GerocK- said:
    If a player is being reported for cheating. What is supposed to happen if the process went like it's supposed to? Will the report be investigated by a human employee of DICE? If so, what else does he look at besides the report? Can he re-watch the game in which the player was reported or does he only look at the player's stats and look for anomalies?
    -
    Either way one can assume that DICE receives countless reports every single day and I know for a fact that a lot of those reports are false. If human employees have to go through all reports then I'm not surprised nothing happens.
    What I have been told by reps in the past is that a report with a video link should get investigated, but, as you say, they get so many reports that they can't possibly investigate them all (and a lot of them will be false, because people cry hack when they are outplayed).

Having said that, the last two I sent with video links, the YT vids stayed unviewed, so I imagine they've stopped investigating at all, these days.
  • Spanky
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, i agree with alot of these guys and 1 thing that we all can do is the same thing EA/DICE can do....that is actually GO ON THE SERVERS!! Just have a look at the overall kills and deaths of the 64 players THEN decide who you might want to flag and check... Because i know 1 thing ,..I've seen over 1000 cheaters who i KNOW CHEAT and have learned what to look for by other actually coders who write these cheats for BIG COMPANY'S..
    Just go take a look IN-GAME and you will SEE FOR YOURSELVES (EA/DICE) what is actually going on..  There should be some people doing this on a regular basis ( like everyday) and you WILL SEE what these hackers, cheaters and damage mods are doing to the game!!  If there is nobody with over , lets say,..15 kills and 1 guy is 75/0 then hey,..that would be a red flag?? no??  But seriously, just go ingame and randomly look at the guys that are playing and im CERTAIN you will see EXACTLY what all these posts and the guy's who write them are talking about!! 

Respectfully, Spanky.
  • Spanky
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    I’m a little interested in feedback from the people posting here.  Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  The forum moderators know it’s rampant (hence aggregating the thread here and on BFV section etc).  I’m pretty sure that Dice knows that cheating is rampant.  We also know that Dice does very little to deal with it effectively, especially now this game is pretty much out of support - there’s just as much problem with BFV it seems and not being addressed there either...

So what are you all  hoping to achieve by posting on here?  Is it just to vent?
    I'm sure that's some of it (venting) but for the most part it's that guy's are seriously pissed off about the lack of support ( as you stated) about these problems... I hope that' something gets done soon before alot of these guy's just quit playing or even get mad enough to start hacking themselves!! Which i've seen in the past...  have a good day.  :)
  • Kunstula
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So just to be clear, that new anti-cheat that EA has been working on has not been implemented yet, has it?
  • 287martin
    No one knows because they are silent about the cheating problem