[Megathread] Battlefield 1 and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Hannes
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When will anyone ban the cheaters? In BFV they ban em. Is EA or DICE thinking that this way will force players to play BFV?
  • -Antares65z
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hannes said:
    When will anyone ban the cheaters? In BFV they ban em. Is EA or DICE thinking that this way will force players to play BFV?
    BF1 is no longer supported including people monitoring cheat reports and banning players.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13843 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hannes said:
    BF1 is no longer supported including people monitoring cheat reports and banning players.
    Nope,  DEVELOPMENT has halted,  that doesn't  mean reports of cheating have stopped and aren't being dealt with.

If you're going to make statements like that,  you need to show evidence to the contrary.

As far as I'm aware,  its business as usual..

Report -> player gets investigated-> action is taken depending on the findings of the investigations results.
  • Hannes
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately even cheaters say in Gamechat, that they are playing with cheats for weeks and nothing happens.

• -Antares65z
    1720 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hannes said:
    Nope,  DEVELOPMENT has halted,  that doesn't  mean reports of cheating have stopped and aren't being dealt with.

If you're going to make statements like that,  you need to show evidence to the contrary.

Report -> player gets investigated-> action is taken depending on the findings of the investigations results.

They're still monitoring cheat reports and reacting to them huh?  That's why we see the same rage cheaters month after month. I stand by my claim. EA is doing nothing about the cheating in BF1. 
  • disposalist
    8755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hannes said:

I can't be sure but the last few times I linked a cheater vid in YT in a report, it wasn't even viewed. They used to get viewed. Feels to me like they aren't bothering anymore.
  • 287martin
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cheaters have won. We used to have 3rd party rental servers with global ban lists combined with punkbuster. It used to be very hard to cheat on battlefield games and continue to have access to play online. I'm not sure why we don't have 3rd party rental servers with global ban lists anymore it doesn't cost EA/Dice anything the renter got to chose where they rented server to give best performance for them and who from and paid for it direct to server provider. Miss the days you found a good clean private server and saved it as a favourite so you could play on same server. What we have now is a mess. Next battlefield game needs to have 3rd party rental servers with full control over all options, global ban list, working anti cheat, a server browser that actually favours these servers with the option to favourite or block servers. Feels like we've taken a huge leap back instead of a huge leap forward with BF1 & V
  • tru_valerich13
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well guys, use AI, they are super good in detecting patterns. also use user reports, people with most reports got spectated by admin and getting banned permanently if guilty. the truth is u not really working on this matter, u only talking about it. there are plenty of solutions even in this thread, and still billions of cheaters on BF V servers. give reports, show how many users u banned for cheating last week?
  • ClazZie
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    only one thing that works... dont buy their games...
  • DoranBF4
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not a single day where I do not see "obvious" cheaters doing headshots all the time and running around as infantry with 120:3 stats.
    There is NO EA/DICE Anti Cheat mechanism in place and the reporting function is a good joke. 
    Reported Cheaters can still play even after months without any issue. The function itself is intransparent too. You can report someone or send a mail to [email protected], it would be the same.

So there can only be ONE final solution for me. NEXT BATTLEFIELD WILL NOT BE BOUGHT!
    No working anti cheat software (there are cheats out there working since years with all BF versions) =  NO MONEY FROM ME!
  • ClazZie
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DoranBF4 said:
    Not a single day where I do not see "obvious" cheaters doing headshots all the time and running around as infantry with 120:3 stats.
    There is NO EA/DICE Anti Cheat mechanism in place and the reporting function is a good joke. 
    Reported Cheaters can still play even after months without any issue. The function itself is intransparent too. You can report someone or send a mail to [email protected], it would be the same.

So there can only be ONE final solution for me. NEXT BATTLEFIELD WILL NOT BE BOUGHT!
    No working anti cheat software (there are cheats out there working since years with all BF versions) =  NO MONEY FROM ME!
    Couldn't agree more. Even I could easily write a simple script kicking those obvious cheaters out of the game, so can only assume that EA dont want to kick them at all.
    The same happened in previous versions of Battlefield - they simply dont care about their customers
  • 287martin
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is the worst it's ever been BF1 and V are full of cheaters. At least with previous battlefield games you could flag an admin to watch a player and admin could kick and ban player from server. Not possible now because we don't have 3rd party rental servers anymore
  • Bungz
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 11
    Getting to the point where every other server has cheaters in it now.

Cant kick and report does nothing just a waste of time.

How has gaming come to this its so lame.

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • LordNezington
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cheating has gotten worse in this game over the past few months.

What I find interesting, is that this is in spite of BFV having no effective anti-cheat either. You'd think they'd be at least cheat on the latest game if they want to cheat.

Still, the main problem with cheating with EA games is EA's policy. The devs admit that the vast majority of cheating accounts are compromised accounts - so why isn't two factor auth or login verification MANDATORY on accounts if you want to play games online?

Also, it should not be so easy to make multiple accounts on each platform - this should be tied to an actual identify, and a ban should be a ban to that actual, real identity. Why are people scared of EA, Activision, Blizzard or anyone else knowing who they are? The airline company I book my holiday with knows who I am when I put my passport details in, no one bats an eye lid at that. Why is there this phobia of video game publishers?

These are simple policy and industry culture changes that could be made to eradicate the majority of cheating. 

• Ubbe16
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    Its due to clans such as [removed] that keep banning good players because  they think they are cheaters, and everyone belives it. Same way they banned me for cheats (trigger) with no proof and made it a public statement on their discord, before banning me there and let me defend myself. Now their members will go on forums and complain about cheaters, that actually doesn't cheat and ruins reputation of good players. This is as low as you can get. Actually, when you start to really hacksuate someone so much that they eventually start believing itself, might as well cheat..

Not everyone you see is a cheater who has 80 kills and 0 death or landing mostly headshots. There is a huge difference between cheats and skill, but a small line to draw.
    If you wanna spot cheaters, its very easy. Just look at how they kill you, look in killfeed and follow their game play and what they are doing, and most importantly, record your findings and discuss it with others.

I was playing a few days ago and spotted a cheater. He killed me with HS from a big distance with Obrez, I was gonna write "nice shot" but then I look in feed, he does same thing to someone else, and I knew before he killed me from map that there were no teammates in the close area. So 2 headshots from a far with Obrez? Suspicious. Then he does the same, its very hard to spot unless you look in killfeed, all his kills were headshot. Later on, he had Tankgevher and other Sentry weapons while playing medics and headshotting from huge distances.. I managed to kill him, so he is not a obvious cheater unless people spot him with having sentry weapons as medic class.

Cheaters like this can be hard to spot, if you dont know what to look for.
    But seeing someone on the scoreboard with 50-100 kills and few deaths doesn't mean cheater, you have  to look at what they do and how.
    Spectate helps but it doesn't show the correct picture all time, it just gives you a good "framework" to work from.

This is why it is important that we get some admins that can be mature and spot the real cheaters instead of banning non cheaters and declaring them as disgusting cheaters in public, when obviously they dont cheat. [Removed] is a big example of how they damage the game and peoples reputation, and it explains why it's such a no no for skilled players. (every game there is unbalaned).
    But its not our call to make, as this is a "private" server and they do as they please, but its a shame community server are getting reputation of being salty, just like in bf3/bf4 days. i thought we put that era behind us.

[Removed] actually had good guidelines for this, where they don't ban without proof, but they made an exception for me apparently, but I might have deserved the ban for insulting people who insult me or others in chat, or subjestivity on what actually is insults or offense, no comment there from me, but it doesn't excuse neither [Removed] or [Removed] going around claiming people are cheaters, and others start believing them, thus convincing the majority that a guy in particular is a cheater and should be bullied off from servers and be witch hunted.

If you wanna find cheaters and report and actually see results, stop reporting everyone who plays good but report actual cheaters. Record and put in youtube, then send email to EA or whatever with a link,  normal reports dont help with much.
    Put it in forums, with video proof and send it to their twitters etc.
    This is the only way, because I bet 99% of origin reports are all just people who have no suspicious gameplay but gets reported anyway due to skill.

Post edited by Ubbe16 on
  • Kunstula
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE, please make sure your new anti cheat has a kernel/ring 0 driver and is also capable of detecting hardware based cheats, otherwise you'll leave a major hole in your defenses that you can bet will be exploited.

• xXxHero2004xXx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do have two quite serious Questions: 

1. Does anyone at EA even still have any interest whatsoever regarding cheating and abusive behavior in BF1? 

2. If so, what can the Community do to help combat these Issues? We all know we can report people but a player recieving multiple reports, not trying to hide their cheating and over a week later, they are still active, it seems like there is other issues at work. Do you lack the manpower? the technical ability? I am quite certain that all the resources you would need to combat cheating are plentily available from withing the community. Just look at CS:GO , they do have a cheating problem but its not as rampant as it is in BF1, nor are obvious cases that sluggish to get results. The community that loves this game is the key to keep it a fun and safe place for all.
  • FFFHunter
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    I do have two quite serious Questions: 

1. Does anyone at EA even still have any interest whatsoever regarding cheating and abusive behavior in BF1? 

2. If so, what can the Community do to help combat these Issues? We all know we can report people but a player recieving multiple reports, not trying to hide their cheating and over a week later, they are still active, it seems like there is other issues at work. Do you lack the manpower? the technical ability? I am quite certain that all the resources you would need to combat cheating are plentily available from withing the community. Just look at CS:GO , they do have a cheating problem but its not as rampant as it is in BF1, nor are obvious cases that sluggish to get results. The community that loves this game is the key to keep it a fun and safe place for all.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/f8yw8x/back_2_basics_alivereturned/    read this you can also play on community servers 
  • 5bulletsSLR
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hannes said:

clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Titan_Awaken
    917 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lads, you do know that this thread and the BFV cheating megathread serves no other purpose than for people to vent their frustration, in vain might I add, without getting their threads locked right?

We cool? Cool.