Please remove Underground Breakthrough from existence.

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The last sector is beyond stupid. There's 500 tickets, one flag, only one real direction to attack from and all the exits have blind corners and light so bright attackers can't see anything out the doors. It's a literal shooting gallery.

DICE themselves knows it's badly balanced, because they gave attackers 500 tickets on such a small map.

I have never seen the "winning" team just quit when they have over 300 tickets on the final sector until today. It was 32 v 32, and by the time we were down to 250 tickets it was 22 v 32. It took 20 minutes or more ON JUST THAT SECTOR to get down to those 250 tickets and we were making 0 progress. What a joke of a map.

Also, as an unrelated sidenote Spotting Flares are utterly useless on this map because they don't work indoors (they have a range of like 1m), and the scope is too long range to use effectively in a CQB map. Basically Recon is at a complete and total disadvantage with weapons that are weak in CQB and gadgets that are actually useless. At least the weapons are a personal choice, but gadgets should be at least somewhat viable regardless of the map.

Comments

• ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The first sector is rough too. Attackers need more routes to fight back against defenses in the 2nd and 3rd stories of most of those buildings.

No one built many fortifications on attackers when I played, so maybe that could be a key
  • Noodlesocks
    3538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lighting definitely needs fixed... Not just in this map, in general cause a lot of maps have this problem but it is especially an issue on Underground since the British have to exit into it.

That being said, the map on breakthrough is still a lot better than Marita at least.
  • ragnarok013
    3699 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Halcyon_Creed_N7 I haven't played the new version yet but what you describe is my exact experience in rush on that map since the BF3 beta.

• GrizzGolf
    1327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Operation Underground conquest... lets put 64 players in a moldy shoebox and see how it works out!!!!!!!!!!

Operation Underground breakthrough....lets put 64 players in a luciferbox and see how it works out!!!!!!

Both modes, both maps have NOTHING to do with Battlefield. They are way too small, Metro was ORIGINALLY designed for 24 players. That it was abused for 64p was just for brainless action (gets boring fast) and point/rank farming.

My whole afternoon is going to point and rank farming hahaha
  • Mr_Tinman08
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No one built many fortifications on attackers when I played, so maybe that could be a key
    Why would you build fortifications if you're attacking?
  • NuttysKunKs
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Use flares and flank. Worked for me.

Now there is a blue circle for any teammate it gives them confidence to go through that area....
  • dandop_oq7r7ppf
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played 6 rounds of breakthrough, and 5 out of 6 games the attacking team won. This was in at least 3 different servers. Could be an imbalance, but there's actually lots of flanking routes. 
    The last sector, you can flank to the back of the courtyard. Just bring smoke
  • mikey199012
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People just can’t help but moan on these forums
  • LEGIJAS_CCCC
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i love breakthrough... i flanked enemys soo often and killed them from behind... and already won 6 times as attackers.. BREAKTROUGH IS AWESOME
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    On one game of Breakthrough, as defenders we lost the first objective in about 60 seconds, and managed to take hardly any tickets from the attackers. We put up some resistance underground, but with 600 tickets to play with, and a rather soft final objective, winning wasn't really option.

On another game, as attackers, we really struggled to take the first objective, but it made for quite an epic battle. It probably cost us a couple of hundred tickets, but we still ended up winning the match with plenty to spare.

It's a bit of an odd "re-imagined" map. The above ground, outdoor sections are not true to the original. The underground section is too small, and serves to just as a flavour of the original. As already mentioned, Conquest just feels like Frontlines, with most of the match taking place around B. 

I do think the BF5 graphics let this map down a bit, the tube trains look like they are rendered as background scenery. 

However, it's not a bad map, and certainly doesn't deserve to be 'removed from existance'.
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Attackers have way to many tickets it’s very hard on defense.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been on teams that Breakthrough so it's possible. It's called Breakthrough not Passthrough.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd remove Operation Underground completely given how pathetic the performance is on this bad boy
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Operation Underground conquest... lets put 64 players in a moldy shoebox and see how it works out!!!!!!!!!!

Operation Underground breakthrough....lets put 64 players in a luciferbox and see how it works out!!!!!!

Both modes, both maps have NOTHING to do with Battlefield. They are way too small, Metro was ORIGINALLY designed for 24 players. That it was abused for 64p was just for brainless action (gets boring fast) and point/rank farming.

Lol, thanks for the laugh  :D  

100% agree with 64 players, utterly ridiculous. 16 v 16 would work much better.