Please remove Underground Breakthrough from existence.

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve never seen defense win it’s poorly balanced like the rest of the game.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad said:
    I’ve never seen defense win it’s poorly balanced like the rest of the game.
    I've won on Defence and lost as Attackers on the final sector, so it's definitely quite possible for Defenders to win.
  • Mangrey
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP hit the nail on the head. This map would be good as a frontline map 
  • barnesalmighty2
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    OP hit the nail on the head. This map would be good as a frontline map 

Or a rush map but I'm enjoying it on conquest a heck of a lot.
  • Kongo030
    666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough in BF V replaced Operations from BF1 for me. Clear goal and sometimes great and often little coordination. As always if the offensive halts either spam flares or smoke. On metro smoke is more important.
  • Jokr_Pittbull
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great map! True test of skill
  • SantoMichael
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate breakthrough.

I click on the home screen icon to try operation underground, got stuck in a breakthrough mode on my first match with this map, played for 5 min, said this is stupid, and left the game. Not the match.... The game.

Same happened with Al sundan. I went to play it on release day, got stuck in a breakthrough mode as my first match on the map, said this is stupid, left the game.

I want to come back to bf5, but the breakthrough mode is so horrible that I can't even stand it for one match.

I get a bad first impression. Leave the game and will try again next month.

If a new map comes out, I HIGHLY recommend that Dice does not allow breakthrough in the new map feature rotation.

First impressions matter
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    jroggs wrote: »
    It's not just Breakthrough. My review of Operation Underground for BT and Conquest: It's bad. So very, very bad.

DICE needs to take this map down and rebuild it. They need to open up more avenues of approach and attack, add more objectives and move the team spawns back, and for the love of God lower the number of tickets.

You have never played Metro BF3 or BF4 Metro 2014 the latter had lifts to B Flag but less avenues than OP U doesn't need more avenues and I played Metro with 3200 tickets in my day and it was fun and that is why you will still find full servers to this day.
    Post edited by PvtJohnTowle on
  • Hawxxeye
    8039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My only major problem with the map is the lighting on the final sector trying to leave the metro. IIRC BF3 Had the same problem back in the day but you had 3D Spotting, T-UGS And auto-spotting when firing an unsuppressed gun. Arguably it's better that we have more options to actually leave the metro than BF3 But it's still not enjoyable running blindly into the unknown. Otherwise I enjoy the map on both CQ and Breakthrough from the few games I've played.
    the lighting is a general problem in this game.
    I think this map could use some V1 even at a higher cost
  • JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Squad leader reinforcements are pretty much irrelevant. Supply Drop? Why when you have a ammo station on every corner and ammo pouchs. Smoke is somewhat useful outside but that's about it 
  • PeaceWeaver
    210 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate breakthrough.

I click on the home screen icon to try operation underground, got stuck in a breakthrough mode on my first match with this map, played for 5 min, said this is stupid, and left the game. Not the match.... The game.

Same happened with Al sundan. I went to play it on release day, got stuck in a breakthrough mode as my first match on the map, said this is stupid, left the game.

I want to come back to bf5, but the breakthrough mode is so horrible that I can't even stand it for one match.

I get a bad first impression. Leave the game and will try again next month.

If a new map comes out, I HIGHLY recommend that Dice does not allow breakthrough in the new map feature rotation.

First impressions matter

Different strokes. I love Breakthrough. It’s my favourite mode — more so even than Conquest. What don’t you like about Breakthrough?
  • Mr_Tinman08
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough very much depends on the attacking team, been on both sides when the attackers have just steam rollered through the map in a few minutes. Also seen the initial attack stall and then you either burn through the time or the tickets and lose. Played one round when we attacked and had ten seconds left on the timer, took A and then won the round ten minutes later.

If everyone defended the last objective instead of running around outside farming kills you'd never lose as the defending side.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Breakthrough very much depends on the attacking team, been on both sides when the attackers have just steam rollered through the map in a few minutes. Also seen the initial attack stall and then you either burn through the time or the tickets and lose. Played one round when we attacked and had ten seconds left on the timer, took A and then won the round ten minutes later.

If everyone defended the last objective instead of running around outside farming kills you'd never lose as the defending side.

I dunno. I've seen the defenders lose a ton of times already when they get pushed into the building. Even when literally every team mate is either actively defending the objective, or dead.

The flag is outside in front, so attackers just have to push up to the top of the steps. If they can hold it for a little bit for they win. Not too hard if you can get smoke barrages on targets effectively
  • PvtJohnTowle
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019

I dunno. I've seen the defenders lose a ton of times already when they get pushed into the building. Even when literally every team mate is either actively defending the objective, or dead.

The flag is outside in front, so attackers just have to push up to the top of the steps. If they can hold it for a little bit for they win. Not too hard if you can get smoke barrages on targets effectively
    Move the flag inside the building. Open up the second floor. Put flag on the 2nd Floor. Provide a couple of more staircases and maybe ladders to get up the side of building. Once the attackers are inside the building at present, the flag is basically lost as it is. The enemy are spawning outside the building and you just shoot them through the windows. 

The Building at last flag (The Alamo)  is so easy to flank either side. it's child's play. I think maybe some trenches at the sides with more MG fortifications not just one middle MG position that can't cover the flanks 
  • jroggs
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Remove it? So because you don't like it, it should be removed?

Man grow up. Just don't play it, Stop trying to ruin everyone else's fun.

Underground isn't bad in a "this isn't my favorite and I'd rather play other maps" way. It's bad in a "holy crap this is a genuinely miserable experience that is practically a war crime against fun" way.

And you may have noticed DICE has precedent for removing unliked content from BFV.

Personally, I'd rather see the map get fixed rather than deleted. If that's not going to happen, then retain it for private games or a separate self-contained 24 hour playlist for the people who do like it for some reason. But yes, absolutely remove it from the standard map rotations.

Oh, and telling someone to "grow up" because you don't agree with them isn't the most mature move, either.

He's telling you to grow up because you want something removed for the entire player base just because of your PERSONAL OPINION.

Grow up.

And you didn't read my post at all or read back to see who that guy was insulting.

Does "growing up" mean flying off the handle without having any idea what you're talking about? If not, you don't seem qualified to give life advice. Quit trying to pick fights you're not remotely equipped for.
  • ChickenTheTank
    834 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019
    Remove it? So because you don't like it, it should be removed?

Man grow up. Just don't play it, Stop trying to ruin everyone else's fun.

Underground isn't bad in a "this isn't my favorite and I'd rather play other maps" way. It's bad in a "holy crap this is a genuinely miserable experience that is practically a war crime against fun" way.

And you may have noticed DICE has precedent for removing unliked content from BFV.

Personally, I'd rather see the map get fixed rather than deleted. If that's not going to happen, then retain it for private games or a separate self-contained 24 hour playlist for the people who do like it for some reason. But yes, absolutely remove it from the standard map rotations.

Oh, and telling someone to "grow up" because you don't agree with them isn't the most mature move, either.

He's telling you to grow up because you want something removed for the entire player base just because of your PERSONAL OPINION.

Grow up.

And you didn't read my post at all or read back to see who that guy was insulting.

Does "growing up" mean flying off the handle without having any idea what you're talking about? If not, you don't seem qualified to give life advice. Quit trying to pick fights you're not remotely equipped for.

You didn't make a single counter argument. You just attacked me personally.

Grow up.

Edit. The only point you made in your post is completely subjective. "Underground isn't bad in a "this isn't my favorite and I'd rather play other maps" way. It's bad in a "holy crap this is a genuinely miserable experience that is practically a war crime against fun" way.

Subjective. I don't care if you want changes or content removal. At least present am idea or supporting evidence of a claim.
  • JamieCurnock
    740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2019

Haha. I'm 'that guy' and I wasn't trying to 'insult' anyone. Apologies if you genuinely felt insulted.

However, it's a childish attitude when you stamp your feet demanding a maps removed when things don't suit you so I called that out as childish and said grown up.

Just calling a spade a spade. If you don't want to be told to grow up, don't post childish rants.
  • Fusion757
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Each to their own as they say  BUT i personally really enjoy the map. Played it on conquest and breakthrough yesterday and its fun. I liked Metro on BF4 but this version is even better :)
  • LEGIJAS_CCCC
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZI_K8RQOjQ   

Battlefield V Metro - Runaway [118-18 all kills]