Weekly BF

FPS on OP Underground

Comments

• gailjon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now started to ctd again. No idea what is going on in Dice's updates. How can they make the game worse to play every time?
  • Carbonic
    1477 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 4
    Update:
    Operation Underground performance issues is now on the BFV Trello board: 
    https://trello.com/c/YWR23cLL/81-underground-map-performance-issues

I have a:

Windows 10 Pro 1903 
    Ryzen R9 3900X
    X570 motherboard with newest AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABBA firmware BIOS and revision 1.9.27.1033 chipset drivers.
    1080ti
    32Gb DDR4-3600

I usually play:
    all ultra, 1440p DX12, FFR off

The first time I played Underground it didn't play that well, but all matches since have been fine except a bit of stutter in the first 10 seconds but that's probably due to DX12 setting as it happens on all maps.
    Underground is the map that has the lowest dips in FPS compared to all other maps, but it's also the maps that place the most shooting people in a small area with loads of objects to render so having FPS dips that go lower than I'm used to is not a big a surprise. I usually get around 100-120FPS and now it's more like 80-110 - I can't decide if I think that's too much but I do hope DICE can fix/optimize it.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • HokaaHeyy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue here - massive FPS drops and stuttering. 

Windows 10 all up to date 

i9-9900K 
    16GB DDR4 4133Mhz
    RTX 2080
    SSD Samsung 970 EVO+ PCI-E 1TB - Samsung driver 3.1
  • HokaaHeyy
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    UpDate:

I've switched to DX11 and now is SuperSmooth and NO FPS DROPS :)  :) 

• LOLGotYerTags
    13265 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    HokaaHeyy said:
    UpDate:

DX12 stability then causing it.

When you were using DX12,  Did you have raytracing enabled or was it JUST DX12?
  • HokaaHeyy
    HokaaHeyy said:
    UpDate:

DX12 stability then causing it.

When you were using DX12,  Did you have raytracing enabled or was it JUST DX12?
    It must be DX12 implementation in BFV that causes these issues because I use DX12 preety much in any other games and there is no issue at all - smooth as it should be on my specs :)

No I do not use raytracing at all and I dont use Future Frame Rendering as well.

I play on 1440p
  • TFBisquit
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 4
    Negative. Same in dx11. When I enable lighting, effects and post process to ultra setting, my fps drops half of what it was.
    One could argue the drop is even bigger under dx12, but in general I need to set most at low to keep a decent fps.
    This is with a gtx1080, I suspect lower end cards suffer even more.
    i9-9900k+gtx1080-16GB 3200Mhz ram.
    Only in this map I might add.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13265 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    TFBisquit said:
    Negative. Same in dx11. When I enable lighting, effects and post process to ultra setting, my fps drops half of what it was.
    One could argue the drop is even bigger under dx12, but in general I need to set most at low to keep a decent fps.
    This is with a gtx1080, I suspect lower end cards suffer even more.
    i9-9900k+gtx1080-16GB 3200Mhz ram.
    Only in this map I might add.
    I'll try that and see what I get
  • 5hadyBrady
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 5
    Even guys with 9900k and 2080s are having terrible sutter with this game. This is a major issue that people is not willing to talk about. Youtubers won't say a thing about it...why?
    Because there's too many variables. Some people are stuttering from actual hardware limitations. Some people are stuttering from standby memory issues with Windows 10. Some people are dealing with frame latency with specific API's witch feel the same as micro stutters. Some people are dealing with driver problems etc. It's a cornucopia of performance issues and overall poor game design. Battlefield 5 will never be what the community wanted. It's too late. I'm not convinced the DICE team have the chops for these games anymore. They're getting too many things wrong for a AAA studio. Basic stuff like the UI, or assignment progression are still destroying matches. If they can't figure out the basics, there's no way they're going to get sophisticated game design from these guys. Not anymore at least. The wisdom and creativity doesn't tend to pass on to the newer generations. They don't know how to story-tell, and they don't know how to build games. They know how to write code though. There's a hell of a lot more to game design than learning a bunch of programming languages. Game design is more a philosophy than it is 1's and 0's. I can't even pick an API anymore. I get horrible efficiency with DX11, and I get frame latency with DX12, no matter which Windows update I run. Now both API's suck. At least before DX11 was decent.
  • chinook240
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even guys with 9900k and 2080s are having terrible sutter with this game. This is a major issue that people is not willing to talk about. Youtubers won't say a thing about it...why?
    Because there's too many variables. Some people are stuttering from actual hardware limitations. Some people are stuttering from standby memory issues with Windows 10. Some people are dealing with frame latency with specific API's witch feel the same as micro stutters. Some people are dealing with driver problems etc. It's a cornucopia of performance issues and overall poor game design. Battlefield 5 will never be what the community wanted. It's too late. I'm not convinced the DICE team have the chops for these games anymore. They're getting too many things wrong for a AAA studio. Basic stuff like the UI, or assignment progression are still destroying matches. If they can't figure out the basics, there's no way they're going to get sophisticated game design from these guys. Not anymore at least. The wisdom and creativity doesn't tend to pass on to the newer generations. They don't know how to story-tell, and they don't know how to build games. They know how to write code though. There's a hell of a lot more to game design than learning a bunch of programming languages. Game design is more a philosophy than it is 1's and 0's. I can't even pick an API anymore. I get horrible efficiency with DX11, and I get frame latency with DX12, no matter which Windows update I run. Now both API's suck. At least before DX11 was decent.
    Great summary! I still enjoy the game when it works, but the constant retrograde performance issues with each update is depressing.
  • ZyRonNR1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey! I too seem to get this "low dipping high flutuacting FPS" thing. Never had it before. BUT, I need to ask you guys something.. are you ONLY getting FPS drops on Metro Underground map? Because I get it on Al Sundan too. Have not tried many other maps on the other hand. Is it the game or is it my machine? :( Tired of this "performance hunt" every day!

//Z
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1014 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still has those fps drops today and the servers feel laggy. Everyone complaining about it in chat. 
  • bass-junkie-xl
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    8700k @ 5.1 ghz , 16 gb of 4000 mhz DDR4 , 1080ti @ 1440p  mixed ultra ,  win 10 1809 with  no x box game bar and no telemntary   no issues staying  in the 120 - 144 +  on under ground   cpu usage up to 90 % lol   
    windows 1903 and up is no no 

game running in exclusive full screen mode as well windows 1903 does not 
  • lKangI
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The correlation I see with people that aren't having issues and those that do are people that have stock  memory speed are getting hit with big drops in framerate.  This game seems to really like mem speed. I'd bet that anyone not hitting 100% cpu/gpu usage is being bottle necked by even 3200mhz ddr4
  • off3nc3
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lKangI said:
    The correlation I see with people that aren't having issues and those that do are people that have stock  memory speed are getting hit with big drops in framerate.  This game seems to really like mem speed. I'd bet that anyone not hitting 100% cpu/gpu usage is being bottle necked by even 3200mhz ddr4
    That's the most redonkulous thing I ever read on the internet , anything above 3200mhz is just diminishing returns and a poor excuse for how unoptimized this game is after 1 year of launch.
  • TFBisquit
    1707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would say it's the rtx enhancements that cripple non rtx cards when setting all to ultra.
    I could be totally wrong ofcourse, but the fps at ultra 1440p would be around 100 on all maps for my videocard. On this map it's cut in half at those settings.
    As for those not suffering this, I suspect some of them have tweaked settings from day 1 and haven't changed it yet.
    I too use the same settings for some time and had no fps loss in this map. Untill I maxed it out and saw the difference between this and other maps.
  • Dougherthy
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    again new patch  new map more  fixing needed
  • Skullshock
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    This map is the worst optimized
    But my FPS drops insane on every map when smoke deploys super close to me for 1 or 2 seconds
    Gtx 1080 and 8700k
    No one talks about that
    It’s ffing annoying
    I have a 144hz monitor and my FPS drops from 144 to 40 for a sec no matter the settings
    If I set my monitor to 60 hz it does not happen it is really wierd, like the smoke is so dense when deploying and on higher framerates it’s to heavy or something. it was not there half a year ago but after the rtx line was released it started
    Am I really the only one
    Post edited by Skullshock on
  • thevicar1968
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome map but i got a 7700 and 1080ti 120 to 150 fps all other maps maybe it needs

op·ti·miz·ing. lolzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Rocketomizor
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 6
    Low Fps - OP underground - even if put res to 1080p or 1440p - low or medium settings, LOW fps like [crazy] ! solution ? i bought 12 RTX 2080 TI and play in 480p...now i have 72 fps. even on Rotterdam i have 84 fps on 1440p medium....pffff calling my [removed - legal discussion]. the last solution i found is to play dead drunk ...or [removed - discussing illegal drugs]....cant see the difference....LOL :)

- hardware
    gtx 1070 armor 8 gig
    i7 4770 3.9 gz
    chair (black ) with 4 wheels
    toaster 4 slices ( black and decker)

if anyone wants me, i am going back to grocery to bought 24 canes of beers....

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on