Weekly Debrief

Fps are under 40-50 in BFV since yeaster i used to get 130+ stable on Vega 64 LC with same settings

Dadyal
53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Fps are under 40-50 in BFV since yesterday when new map cameout  i used to get 130+ stable on Vega 64 LC with same settings i tried clean install of drivers nad also tried old drivers and no new windows update installed since 25 sept game was running find 2 days ago ? anyone else having same issue ?  my gpu runs at like 75w load

Comments

• HydroExcursion
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my fps dropped like crazy on my 9700k & rtx2080 too after this update.
    woah.

• 2017_Hellcat
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. My FPS are off too. Nothing like the OPs. In the 130s and the new Map it goes down to 90s, 9900KF @ 4.9 RTX 2080 1080P Ultra DX11.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 3
    It gets worse with each patch. Used to have a stable FPS of 90 without stuttering. Now it is at 60-70 with falls to 40 and terrible stuttering. Nothing I've tried regarding BFV, Drivers, Win10 has made any difference
  • Gregski88
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it just keeps getting worse and worse, where are the devs that made bf3 and bf4? those games run supersmooth . why can't this be like that? 
  • Rainerdaniel
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gregski88 said:
    it just keeps getting worse and worse, where are the devs that made bf3 and bf4? those games run supersmooth . why can't this be like that? 
    We need to consider that, before buy another BF Game in pré-order or in the release of the game!! Since BF4, we need at LEAST 1 year to buy all these BFs games, seems that DEVs, aren't familiar with this new Frostbite engine version, is very problematic by the way
  • Carbonic
    1389 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've seen people saying they get worse performance on the new map but I have not seen anyone saying it about the game in general. Is this happening on the old maps as well? I have not experienced worse performance in the other maps.
  • Dadyal
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 4
    Carbonic said:
    I've seen people saying they get worse performance on the new map but I have not seen anyone saying it about the game in general. Is this happening on the old maps as well? I have not experienced worse performance in the other maps.
    all maps get  around 70 to 100ish fps i used to get 140+ in many of those gpu does no load at all and issue is on bfv for me no other games just bfv game started today not sure if amd issue or windows related my bf1 and star wars battlefront worked fine as well 140+ fps in amiens map at 1440p no issue 
    Post edited by Dadyal on
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dadyal said:
    Carbonic said:
    all maps get  around 70 to 100ish fps i used to get 140+ in many of those gpu does no load at all and issue is on bfv for me no other games just bfv game started today not sure if amd issue or windows related my bf1 and star wars battlefront worked fine as well 140+ fps in amiens map at 1440p no issue 
    Agree. Its not just "Operation underground" but all maps. I think it was 6 patches ago it began to get bad and especially the stuttering. But even then I never had the FPS going near "red". Now it happens all the time.
    For me Its has gone from steady 90 to 40-60 and has become almost unplayable. The only way I can play is as pilot or staying out of action and camp somewhere. Trying to PTO is a "no go" since the drop, lag and stuttering makes me a sitting duck in close combat. I can play any other games without any problems. 
  • TFBisquit
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »

It’s only on this map for me.
    In fact, with mixed settings I have above 100fps, just as in all other maps.
    At all ultra, I drop to 100-105 max, But in this map all ultra, I drop to 50-60 fps max.
    So half the performance of regular maps. But only with all video settings at ultra.
    Its a gtx1080 + 9900k.
  • Foa1280
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 4
    I have the same problem. I´ve just bought RX 5700 XT and 144 Hz monitor and i was thinking, that AMD messed up drivers once again, so i "glad" that i´am not alone and this problem is present on Nvidia as well. With DX 12 i have beter frames and GPU utilization, but horrible stutter. BF4, BF1, Battlefront 2 smooth 144+ fps. I´am so fed up with this [Removed - CM] game!
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • HydroExcursion
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    only on this map.
  • DoomPhantomz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Foa1280 said:
    I have the same problem. I´ve just bought RX 5700 XT and 144 Hz monitor and i was thinking, that AMD messed up drivers once again, so i "glad" that i´am not alone and this problem is present on Nvidia as well. With DX 12 i have beter frames and GPU utilization, but horrible stutter. BF4, BF1, Battlefront 2 smooth 144+ fps. I´am so fed up with this [Removed - CM] game!
    Don't worry. Your hardware is legit. COD coming soon...
  • off3nc3
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This map broke the game even more , RTX 2080ti , i9 5 ghz i dropped from 140 fps on ultra to 80 on this map , nothing will budge the fps so im not even gonna speak in behalf of my older friends with older builds , they just stopped playing.
  • ThePro_PR
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 7
    Something interesting to add.

I have a 8700k and a 1080Ti.

I have been playing this game ever since the first beta (1,200+ hours). Not once did I have a performance issue. Not even after the latest patch. I had my settings on Ultra @1440p. 100-144fps for the most part (maybe high 90 for brief moments if things went pretty crazy on screen.).

Today I had the bright idea to turn on DX12 (I used moths ago, but turned it off or it was reset at some point, dont remember) ... but it did work. Today though when I restarted the game after turning on DX12 the game was in windowed mode. If I hit Alt+Enter to enter full screen or changed it through the games Graphic Options the games screen would freeze. If I went back to windowed mode it worked again. Changed to full screen, froze again.

So I turned off DX12 and restarted. All the reset of my settings are the same, but now the performance is really bad. I lost easily 20-30fps. Game runs in the 70-80s most of the time and it dips even lower on some rare occasions.

I wonder if they changed something at some point and when I toggled DX12 on/off it took they new config (added options or whatever) and it causing this.
    Post edited by ThePro_PR on
  • TFBisquit
    1636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, they are investigating it, so who knows if they change some minor settings in the server config?
  • spychodelics
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Every stability improvment patch makes it worse :disappointed:
  • BuLetZ4U
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i7/3770 3,4GHz, 10GB ram, GTX 1050 4GHz Ti 
     Yea pretty old rig but still rolling, playing BFV on medium settings in directx12 and getting a steady 60/70 FPS on most maps.
    The New map is a cluster **** right now-massive strain on all resources memory way to high CPU running 80/90% stuttering and the odd crash ever since the update and the new maps were added.
    Before the update, the game ran smoothly as a baby.  Having carried out all the usual fixes within my knowledge I just cannot seem to fix the issue.

• Ex1ZTenZe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used to be at 70-100fps but ever since the underground update i've been on 10-20fps. Never higher than 20..

i5 8600k
    gtx 960 OC

Badly optimized game..
  • SneakyGunman
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Foa1280 said:

-----------------
    ----------------
    This man is tell the truth Dice.  I can 100% confirm his assertion on this. 
    How can we use the same engine and get drastically lower performance in just 1 game, BFV?
    Is it the game code or EA's backend and Assignments?  As I recall that was a thing back in the day that caused low FPS.

• migueltoms
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem, under 100fps  with gtx 1080TI+9900K