Weekly BF

Fps are under 40-50 in BFV since yeaster i used to get 130+ stable on Vega 64 LC with same settings

2»

Comments

• 287martin
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe not badly optimised this game runs on bad servers only third party private servers will improve things but that doesn't look like it will happen with battlefield games now. Something changed between bf4 and BF1 not for the better. Cheaper for ea without a doubt battlefield garbage now just another great developer ruined by greedy EA
  • duendemago
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    287martin said:
    Maybe not badly optimised this game runs on bad servers only third party private servers will improve things but that doesn't look like it will happen with battlefield games now. Something changed between bf4 and BF1 not for the better. Cheaper for ea without a doubt battlefield garbage now just another great developer ruined by greedy EA

So you think that all those unpredictable FPS, micro stuttering happening to all kinds of different rigs from many players is based on bad servers hosting this game?
  • DaChileanSeabass
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Agree. Its not just "Operation underground" but all maps. I think it was 6 patches ago it began to get bad and especially the stuttering. But even then I never had the FPS going near "red". Now it happens all the time.
    For me Its has gone from steady 90 to 40-60 and has become almost unplayable. The only way I can play is as pilot or staying out of action and camp somewhere. Trying to PTO is a "no go" since the drop, lag and stuttering makes me a sitting duck in close combat. I can play any other games without any problems. 

This for sure. Its been up and down and even battlefield 1 had these problems buteng game when bf5 was about to he released. This game is in horrible condition and only true fans are keeping it alive and EA weekly free to play.

• Mr_Pettsson
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Foa1280 said:
    I have the same problem. I´ve just bought RX 5700 XT and 144 Hz monitor and i was thinking, that AMD messed up drivers once again, so i "glad" that i´am not alone and this problem is present on Nvidia as well. With DX 12 i have beter frames and GPU utilization, but horrible stutter. BF4, BF1, Battlefront 2 smooth 144+ fps. I´am so fed up with this [Removed - CM] game!

-----------------
    ----------------
    This man is tell the truth Dice.  I can 100% confirm his assertion on this. 
    How can we use the same engine and get drastically lower performance in just 1 game, BFV?
    Is it the game code or EA's backend and Assignments?  As I recall that was a thing back in the day that caused low FPS.

Im running Amd 3600x , Radeon 5700xt red devil , 16gb 3200mhz mems and getting 100-144fps on all maps in  1440p Ultra setting.. 
  • RojarRalf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here fps like **** down the bottom since a few weeks back.
    Everthing on low or off still crapy FPS 
    2600x 1070 have been working fine before.
  • DrunkenM0nkiE
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i7-9700k 4.9ghz
    16 gb ram
    Vega 64

Everything was fine until the recent update running on dx12. Now i get severe stutters to the point where it disconnects from the game. Back to dx11 but i get 30% lower performance with dips down to 40fps.
  • g0merpile
    652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 30
    There was a new mickysoft patch, just for sake of making sure it not that, remove that update, Home users are forced to upate. I did notice fps spills after that update,

KB4522355

In some early post I had posted to people not to use built in windows update because of errors it was causing installing, MS now has posted this in the  new update, update through the ms catalog.

Windows Update Improvements

Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.

• Elajits
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How did you Uninstall  KB4522355 Update ? windows dot allow me to uninstall it!
    and was that update the culprit to the fps issues for you?

g0merpile said:
    There was a new mickysoft patch, just for sake of making sure it not that, remove that update, Home users are forced to upate. I did notice fps spills after that update,

KB4522355

In some early post I had posted to people not to use built in windows update because of errors it was causing installing, MS now has posted this in the  new update, update through the ms catalog.

Windows Update Improvements

Microsoft has released an update directly to the Windows Update client to improve reliability. Any device running Windows 10 configured to receive updates automatically from Windows Update, including Enterprise and Pro editions, will be offered the latest Windows 10 feature update based on device compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This doesn't apply to long-term servicing editions.

• spalt0r
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem. Its been 3-4 months since i last played the game. There was no problem with 2600X and RX590 on high with FPS locked at 60. The FPS never got down under 60FPS. At the moment extreme FPS drops to 30-40 with the same config. All other games run smooth like before. I tried do delete the settings folder so there is a complete new config. But also with this new graphic config there are still these FPS drops.
  • somethinlike
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    I've seen people saying they get worse performance on the new map but I have not seen anyone saying it about the game in general. Is this happening on the old maps as well? I have not experienced worse performance in the other maps.
    I have lost 15-20 FPS on old maps and the new maps are unplayable.  Even the game menu is nearly unplayable now.  

On dual 980 Ti with an i7 6700k
  • CharlesReign
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I suspect some of you are running DX12. That butchers the FPS. There is some sort of bug. Anyway. I am getting 80-115fps with my Ryzen 3600 @4.2ghz locked in and a pathetic GTX 970 running 1080p with mostly high settings and a few medium and low settings. My FPS is usually low 90's to low 100's with a few dips around the action . Never anything close to 60fps or below. 

Try running DX11 and see if that solves your problems. 
  • spalt0r
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This ist not a DX12 problem because i play with DX11 like before.
  • RojarRalf
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Update windows has helpt me